ImageImageImageImage

Game #14 Orlando Magic at Charlotte Hornets 11/21 7PM ET

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Re: Game #14 Orlando Magic at Charlotte Hornets 11/21 7PM ET 

Post#661 » by Orlwillbeback » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Anybody think willie signed with us to have an opportunity like this? My guess is he wanted more of an opportunity to play than he was for the clippers.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#662 » by Neon1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:Anybody think willie signed with us to have an opportunity like this? My guess is he wanted more of an opportunity to play than he was for the clippers.

No. Because he didnt "choose" to be here. We claimed him off waivers. He had no choice.

Sent from my SM-N900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
Neon1
RealGM

Post#663 » by Neon1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:36 pm

Jameerthefear wrote:Am I being biased if I say I think AG is the best rookie defender by far?

Noel.

A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#664 » by orlando1214 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:Anybody think willie signed with us to have an opportunity like this? My guess is he wanted more of an opportunity to play than he was for the clippers.

I don't think Willie had a choice did he? Wasn't he claimed off waivers, so basically the Magic just took on the rest of his contract. So I don't think Willie agreed to anything. Still though, I bet he realizes what a good opportunity this is for him, and I seem to remember him saying something along those lines before.
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#665 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:47 pm

I missed the game last night being out with the lady. What an amazing comeback. Was there one player/play that fueled this run? Seems like Elf decided he was tired of sitting on the bench and went apes**t
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#666 » by drsd » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Neon1 wrote:

No. Because he didnt "choose" to be here. We claimed him off waivers. He had no choice.

To add, it was widely reported that the Clippers planned to resign him after he cleared waivers. (GM Hennigan again showed how awesome a GM he is with this embarrassing-for-LA outcome).

Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#667 » by Orlwillbeback » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Neon1 wrote:

Yea it was widely reported that lac had planned to claim him off waivers.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,349

Post#668 » by tooler » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm

GortatExpress wrote:What an amazing comeback. Was there one player/play that fueled this run?

Not a player; a legend. The ghost of E'Twaun Moore.
Neon1
RealGM

Post#669 » by Neon1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:
Neon1 wrote:

Yea it was widely reported that lac had planned to claim him off waivers.

No. The Clippers are the team that waived him.

MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#670 » by MellowRose » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:09 pm

GortatExpress wrote:I missed the game last night being out with the lady. What an amazing comeback. Was there one player/play that fueled this run? Seems like Elf decided he was tired of sitting on the bench and went apes**t

Elf played great offensively. I think I might have to give credit to JV for benching Elf to help him get better, since I think that was one of the reasons why Elf had a great night offensively. Hope he can continue it.
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#671 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:06 pm

MellowRose wrote:
GortatExpress wrote:I missed the game last night being out with the lady. What an amazing comeback. Was there one player/play that fueled this run? Seems like Elf decided he was tired of sitting on the bench and went apes**t

Elf played great offensively. I think I might have to give credit to JV for benching Elf to help him get better, since I think that was one of the reasons why Elf had a great night offensively. Hope he can continue it.

Yeah, just looking over the highlights. I think Elf has to be more into attack mode and look for his offense. He is still learning to develop a good balance between being a facilitator and scorer. Everyone makes the Rondo comparisons and in some games, Rondo is the scoring machine and in the other games, he is more of a facilitator. Once Elf lets the game and defense come to you, then he'll take off. I suspect that this is something Dipo is also learning.

But just want to throw in my love to Fourny. Dude is a B E A S T.
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!

Return to Orlando Magic