ImageImageImageImage

Does anyone think Oquinn should start ?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Re: Does anyone think Oquinn should start ? 

Post#21 » by drsd » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:41 pm

gazken wrote:yeah cant wait for AG to be back. So frustrating being a magic fan at the moment

The lack of forward depth has led to loss. And Gordon-A has a lot to learn and prove.
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,717

Post#22 » by GameOver25 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:Talking about benching frye is saddening 18 games into a 4 year contract :(

:lol: :waaa:
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#23 » by ezzzp » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:02 pm

MellowRose wrote:Has it been proven that AN gives us less than Frye, in terms of overall impact on a game? For some reason, I feel like AN can help us space the floor (maybe not all the way to the 3, but definitely deep 2), and give us more hustle than Frye has ever given us.

I'd like for JV to give AN significant minutes with the starting lineup for one game just to see what happens.

Is there another player on this team with the AN acronym? cause I know you guys ain't talking about Andrew "shovelfoot" Nicholson right?

more hustle? space the floor all the way to the deep 2?

:o
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#24 » by ezzzp » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:05 pm

gazken wrote:Thing is KOG is a slightly better defender/re bounder than Frye.

Channing coming off the bench along side Fornier will give the second unit a good punch.

nah, at minimum you need either Fournier or Frye starting or the spacing will be seriously fkd
CPThree
Banned User
And1: 126

Post#25 » by CPThree » Wed Dec 3, 2014 6:24 am

Why does O'Quinn seem like such a stat stuffing young GOAT every time I see him play, and then I check his minutes and he barely ever breaks 20?

Do I just see him on his good days? Fitness issues?
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#26 » by Neon1 » Wed Dec 3, 2014 6:27 am

CPThree wrote:Why does O'Quinn seem like such a stat stuffing young GOAT every time I see him play, and then I check his minutes and he barely ever breaks 20?

Do I just see him on his good days? Fitness issues?

Because hes a foul magnet.

Sent from my SM-N900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#27 » by TreasureCoast » Wed Dec 3, 2014 7:14 am

I love Kyle, but he does foul quality bigs like he eats burgers.

Kyle is an exceptional bench big though, and I hope he is here for a long time.

Also, his beard is all NBA first team for sure.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#28 » by Skin » Thu Dec 4, 2014 7:24 am

He's a baaaaaaaaaad man. ...and I love it.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#29 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Dec 4, 2014 12:49 pm

After man handling Blake Griffin I say yes, but realistically our spacing would be horrible.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#30 » by Last Guardian » Thu Dec 4, 2014 1:02 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:Talking about benching frye is saddening 18 games into a 4 year contract :(

Henny is doing very well for us overall. But he isn't perfect. He made a mistake here. The idea was good, being that Frye will space the floor for the attackers Dipo and Harris, and in the post for Vuc. But yea, he doesn't provide anything else at all.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#31 » by OrlDave » Thu Dec 4, 2014 4:13 pm

Not sure about the spacing thing one way or another because both Vuc and Kyle can hit the long 2 with reasonable success. But we don't really want Kyle hitting long twos. I think we can certainly play those 2 together for 5-10 mpg and see how they do this year. Might be better than last with a PG like Payton.
j_n
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,684

Post#32 » by j_n » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:07 pm

I think its too early to call it a mistake, he takes a lot of tough shots because our ball movement sucks and I think his defense will get better if he played 25-28 mintues per game, preferably at the 4.
He was playing a lot better when Payton was starting and his attitude and veteran leadership is very important for this team but he just cant defend centers or rebound so we really shouldnt play him at center and its pretty clear that guys like him and Fournier are suffering from playing next to Oladipo at PG.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#33 » by Skin » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:26 pm

Who cares who the starter is? I think it depends upon who the opponent is and what our game plan is. The fact that we have both is a great thing because it allows us to mix and match and take advantage of their strengths/weaknesses. They both offer something different and that allows us to create match up problems or counter them.

People are still crying about signing Frye? He gives us something we didn't have. The longer he's here, the cheaper he gets and his money isn't even an issue this season. It'll become even less so when the cap jumps.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#34 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:39 pm

honestly I think I'd like to see a starting lineup of Payton/Oladipo/Fournier/Harris/Vuc depending on the matchup
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,447

Post#35 » by Bensational » Fri Dec 5, 2014 10:22 am

i don't think who starts really matters, it's who plays and how many minutes.

Frye will have his advantages at times, but so will KOQ. right now they should be splitting minutes until we can figure out which hurts us more - the Frye effect on defense, or the supposed spacing issue with Kyle. and when AG is back, we work him in for an even split, too.

But there should be absolutely no question that when Vuc sits, Kyle is our big man. i don't want to see Frye anchor a defense ever again unless we're forced to go there.

side note, i think the spacing concern isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. it might limit Vuc on a few low post opportunities, but people forget that O'Quinn is a brilliant passer who can run an offense from the high post. if Vuc gets doubled, kick it to O'Quinn at the top and he's more than likely to find Harris on a backdoor cut (I've seen them nail that several times). then you've also got O'Quinn's ability to make the long 2, too. for the guards and opening lanes, O'Quinn setting a pick won't be much different to Frye setting a pick. O'Quinn is a threat from the high post both as a shooter and a passer, and that's gonna keep defenses honest.

O'Quinn needs serious burn, because whatever we're doing with Frye right now aint winning us games. so let's mix it up. if Willie-farking-Green can get minutes, Kyle definitely can.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,189

Post#36 » by cedric76 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 1:09 pm

Ben and green should only be used in our locker room.
They shouldnt spend much time on the floor
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)