ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic @ Boston Celtics 7:30 EST

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,341

Re: Orlando Magic @ Boston Celtics 7:30 EST 

Post#521 » by tooler » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:25 pm

orlgbfsu wrote:What I don't get is how Rob got Jacque the players he wanted guys who are athletic and can run and before the season he said we were going to get out and run yet we are 23rd in pace ridiculous

I'm so confused.
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie
And1: 349

Post#522 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:58 pm

fklt wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:Godforbid Aaron Gordon becomes a career 12 and 8 guys you all will go nutso.

gordon is already 14 and 7 per 36 dude.

Not talking per 36 crap. I am talking game average.
If he isn't the second coming of blake griffin everyone is going to implode.
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#523 » by TreasureCoast » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Looks like we were the last team to play Rondo in a Celtics jersey
tooler
General Manager

Orlando Magic @ Boston Celtics 7:30 EST 

Post#524 » by tooler » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Hope the Boston fans enjoyed it. Maybe our lax defense in his last game makes up for closing out the old Garden.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,654

Post#525 » by ogmagicfan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:48 pm

We really got to get better at coming out with energy in the 2nd half. We got outscored by a large margin against the Raptors & Celtics in the 2nd half.

The Celtics game was so hard to watch I got a stomach virus and had to go to the hospital. :oops:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,177

Post#526 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:13 am

Beast_Reality wrote:Looks like we were the last team to play Rondo in a Celtics jersey

Really they couldn't have done this yesterday???? Damm.
aka: prorl
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#527 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:22 am

Rondo tried to give us the game yesterday. Turning it over left and right, constantly looking to make the flashy play instead of the right play. We were just so horrible that it didn't matter.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Post#528 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:33 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:Rondo tried to give us the game yesterday. Turning it over left and right, constantly looking to make the flashy play instead of the right play. We were just so horrible that it didn't matter.

That update to your sig is hilarious, well done... :lol:
akhenaten
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#529 » by akhenaten » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:34 am

I feel like this was a measuring stick game for this team, and the result was obviously not good. Boston, like us, gutted its roster and tanked. But unlike us they've drafted smarter and have a real coach, and this game showed both of those things.

Look at the 2012 draft -- Hennigan takes Andrew Nicholson at #19, and trades for Mo Harkless (#15). Boston takes Jared Sullinger at #21, available when we picked Nicholson. Sullinger (16 points in last night's win) starts and is a valuable contributor for Boston, while Nicholson and Harkless aren't even rotation players, much less starters, in Year 3.

In 2013 Boston got Kelly Olynyk at #13. Again, compared to our mid-round 2012 guys (Harkless and Nicholson), there's no comparison. Olynyk (15 points in last night's win) is talented and will be a big part of their team. Mo and Drew have regressed and are buried on the bench.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#530 » by Orlwillbeback » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:40 am

akhenaten wrote:I feel like this was a measuring stick game for this team, and the result was obviously not good. Boston, like us, gutted its roster and tanked. But unlike us they've drafted smarter and have a real coach, and this game showed both of those things.

Look at the 2012 draft -- Hennigan takes Andrew Nicholson at #19, and trades for Mo Harkless (#15). Boston takes Jared Sullinger at #21, available when we picked Nicholson. Sullinger (16 points in last night's win) starts and is a valuable contributor for Boston, while Nicholson and Harkless aren't even rotation players, much less starters, in Year 3.

In 2013 Boston got Kelly Olynyk at #13. Again, compared to our mid-round 2012 guys (Harkless and Nicholson), there's no comparison. Olynyk (15 points in last night's win) is talented and will be a big part of their team. Mo and Drew have regressed and are buried on the bench.

What about our 2013 pick? Hes been pretty good. And what about the fact that they still had rondo and jeff green, players who are in their prime whereas our best players are all 22?
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#531 » by Orlwillbeback » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:41 am

What about their other draft picks like fab melo, marcus smart and james young?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#532 » by tiderulz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:19 am

akhenaten wrote:I feel like this was a measuring stick game for this team, and the result was obviously not good. Boston, like us, gutted its roster and tanked. But unlike us they've drafted smarter and have a real coach, and this game showed both of those things.

all depends. Sullinger got playing time to develop. Nicholson sat the bench. Who knows if Baby wasnt here and Nicholson got consistent playing time, what he might have developed into
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#533 » by NBlue » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:41 pm

I think the Nicholson pick is rightly criticized. But I don't see Sullinger making any allstar teams in the future. Give Boston the win but a win on rotation player versus guy likely to be out of the league in a year or two.

You reference the Harkless trade but you fail to mention that in that trade we also got Vooch and the pick that later became EP (though with the help of another trade). Sure Harkless has not developed as we have hoped but if you are critical there you have to give oodles of credit on Vooch with you completely leave out. Since we didn't draft Harkless I don't see why you would only look at him in the trade without looking at the other pieces as well.

And you are comparing Olynyk to our 2012 guys while leaving out any mention of Dipo?? Why? Oh, because you want to take it back to Nicholson. Look, a team can control where they end of up in the draft. Right now I think a lot of folks are high on Olynyk and rightly so -- but I don't hear of anyone who would take him over Dipo. Clearly not.

And now we move to this year and AG and EP versus Smart. I think Smart will be a solid NBA player though unfortunately he's been hampered by niggling injuries so far. That said, I don't think there is a single NBA GM that would trade EP and AG for Smart right now -- not one.

Jury is still out on much of this but you attempting to compare apples to **** is not really a fair comparison. That said, I am totally jealous of the C's coach -- that was a damn good hire. In terms of the rebuilding process so far -- I'll take our guys in a heartbeat. You didn't even mention about how we stole Tobes...
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 838

Post#534 » by I Rasharted » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Keep crying, big guy. Let it all out.

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,189

Post#535 » by cedric76 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Just re watching Boston s game, I feel for EP, playing off the ball and waiting in corner 3 for a shot he won't take :-(
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#536 » by TNMagicFan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:12 pm

well it should be easier beating these guys next time we play
tooler
General Manager

Post#537 » by tooler » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 pm

TNMagicFan wrote:well it should be easier beating these guys next time we play

We do better this season when one of the opposing team's best players is out. :)

Return to Orlando Magic