ImageImageImageImage

Official Tank/Draft Watch Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Re: Official Tank/Draft Watch Thread 

Post#41 » by drsd » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:37 pm

AddiFB wrote:LOTTERY WATCH, we meet again!

Watching the Magic lose by near 30 is indeed tough to swallow.

Orlando_Boy
Freshman
And1: 27

Re: Official Tank/Draft Watch Thread 

Post#42 » by Orlando_Boy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:26 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
Orlando_Boy wrote:How many draft picks do we have this year? isn't the LA pick in 2016 or 17?

We only have our own first rounder. We then have the most favorable of Chicago's or Portland's second rounder and we possibly could get the Lakers 2nd rounder as well but its protected from 31-40 so that is questionable if we get that one. Thats it as of right now for the 2015 draft though you never know we could add or even subtract from that.

The Lakers first comes two years after the Lakers have given one to Phoenix. If the Lakers haven't given a first to Phoenix by 2017 then we only get two second rounders in 2017 and 2018. I think we will get a first from them though as the Lakers only have protections of 1-5 for 2015, 1-3 for 2016 and 2017(its unprotected in 2018 but lets hope it doesn't get to that point). The sooner the better as it gives less time for LA to get better and get out from that massive contract Kobe has. Right now LA is 4th in the lottery standings and it doesn't look like they will finish too far away from that spot. Hopefully we can get a little lottery luck there to and have the Lakers drop out of the top 5 so that their pick goes to Phoenix. That should delay their rebuild significantly as they still have one more year of Kobe's massive deal which hurts their ability to attract free agents. But if not LA should end up shipping their 2016 first to Phoenix as it would only be top 3 protected and you gotta think LA would be able to entice someone that should make them at least somewhat better and if u throw in their young talent improving then we should get it no later than 2018.

But the earliest we can get LA's first is 2017. Their is no way we can get their pick in 2016. But also you have to factor in that it is 1-5 protected in both 2017 and 2018 but unprotected in 2019. Though I expect the Lakers to be better by then so I don't think those protections are that much of a concern.

thanks, and hopefully we get a good draft pick this year! i was kind of confused with the LA's pick lol and now you made it clear for me and thanks again.

Return to Orlando Magic