ImageImageImageImage

After Vaughn is let go, who do we target?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Who should be the next Magic head coach?

Mike Malone
31%
George Karl
33%
Jerry Sloan
3%
Mark Jackson
13%
Vinny Del Negro
1%
Scott Skiles
9%
Lindsey Hunter
No votes
Michael Curry
2%
Etorre Messina
4%
Other (specify)
4%

Total votes: 117

Deadcellz
Senior
And1: 212

Re: Re: After Vaughn is let go, who do we target? 

Post#141 » by Deadcellz » Thu Feb 5, 2015 8:28 am

Devin 1L wrote:Image

To be fair we have paid him for no show jobs in the past so he we could reduce his salary. Also he has years of experience courtside.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#142 » by Jkam31 » Thu Feb 5, 2015 9:23 am

Cousins never ever blitz the P&R and we Iced P&R. Thompson would sometimes blitz but he has pretty good quickness. No matter what form he used our starting 5 was #1 in defense by a wide margin
tooler wrote:Interesting tidbit from ESPN's article on GSW defense (which I only skimmed because it was too rah-rah for me).

Mike Malone favored the "show" approach Golden State had leaned on for years. Darren Erman favored the "ice" style of coverage popularized by Thibodeau. In that scheme, a guard gets between the screen and ball handler as the big man drops toward the baseline, thereby forming a pocket of containment around the man with the ball.

Jackson, who had far from an ideal relationship with Malone, sided with the younger assistant and the newer model for defensive success. It was an approach especially beneficial to Bogut, who isn't best used as a guy who chases little guys around the 3-point line.

Of Erman's tenure, which ended in dismissal, Bogut recalled, "[Erman] was a big advocate on sending guys off pick-and-rolls and, to me, funneling to the basket. He was probably No. 1 pusher of that, as far as assistant coaches went. He saw my value there."

The Warriors went from 27th to 13th on defense with the new scheme and hamstrung Denver's offense in the playoffs, in large part because of Bogut's rim protection.

Did Malone blitz the P&R with Cousins in SAC? Would this even matter for someone like Vucevic who isn't known as a good rim protector?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,601

Re: After Vaughn is let go, who do we target? 

Post#143 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Feb 5, 2015 1:21 pm

Who do we target? WHO DO WE TARGET? Why are we talking about targeting? Henny is NEVER gonna fire Vaughn? Is he spineless?!?!?!?!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,335

Post#144 » by tooler » Thu Feb 5, 2015 2:18 pm

Jkam31 wrote:Cousins never ever blitz the P&R and we Iced P&R. Thompson would sometimes blitz but he has pretty good quickness. No matter what form he used our starting 5 was #1 in defense by a wide margin

Thanks! Worries averted.

Not like it matters. We'll probably end up with some unknown.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#145 » by NEM » Thu Feb 5, 2015 2:33 pm

Looks like mods can lock this thread until ththe summer... Jock is here for another 30 games or so
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
TBbucmagicORL
Bench Warmer
And1: 263

Post#146 » by TBbucmagicORL » Thu Feb 5, 2015 3:04 pm

JV now total record comes to 100 games under 500 which makes him second worse coach in NBA history.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,515

Post#147 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Feb 5, 2015 5:52 pm

I think I'm going to go with Alvin Gentry here, with Mike Malone second.

George Karl would be my favorite, but not sure if he is considering coming back.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ

Return to Orlando Magic