ImageImageImageImage

The Farewell Game? Mavericks (31-17) @ Magic (15-34)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Re: The Farewell Game? Mavericks (31-17) @ Magic (15-34) 

Post#521 » by orlando1214 » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:49 am

eyriq wrote:O'Quinn not playing is another JV special. We have zero continuity and identity, no chemistry, and it is getting worse. Green playing point has me flabbergasted, can't stand the current state of our team

Apparently O'Quinn had some family issues and missed shoot around, so that's why he didn't play. So I'll give JV a pass on that one. You're not wrong though, zero continuity with players is one of my biggest problems with JV.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,450

Post#522 » by Bensational » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:49 am

tiderulz wrote:i dont know that an "average" center gives up 20 to Chandler. He's scored 20 two other times this year, vs Phx and Philly. Until we have some better post defense, this team wont win anything.

i've often thought that despite Vuc's big numbers, he also allows the opposing C's to get big numbers, too. i'm not sure if there's anything to back that up or not.

but this team needs a legit defensive plan before we can really write Vuc off. if M.Gasol can be a DPOTY candidate, then so can Vuc. neither are athletic beasts, both play a similar, grounded, smart style of defense. we just don't have a system that has our guys moving as intelligently as Memphis does.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,711

Post#523 » by thelead » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:50 am

407Junkie wrote:
thelead wrote:
SOUL wrote:also tobias looks like straight up ass lately. bad shots, has 0 mobility on fast breaks, defense is meh, doesn't seem hungry anymore. only good at drawing fouls and not much else.

his grandfather just died. I'll give him some time to mourn.
Professional sport players family members die all the time. Usually they play harder for their deceased in those situations. Quit making excuses. Frye sucks but it seems not to bother his play.

Ok, Mr. Hardass. Thank you for telling us how everyone should mourn and deal with the death of a loved one.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,450

Post#524 » by Bensational » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:51 am

407Junkie wrote:
thelead wrote:
SOUL wrote:also tobias looks like straight up ass lately. bad shots, has 0 mobility on fast breaks, defense is meh, doesn't seem hungry anymore. only good at drawing fouls and not much else.

Professional sport players family members die all the time. Usually they play harder for their deceased in those situations.

lol... i was actually thinking the same thing.

but then, i've never been close to my grandparents, so i'm not sure i can judge how other people would respond.
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#525 » by MellowRose » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:53 am

tiderulz wrote:
MellowRose wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
maybe. But meanwhile ,Tyson Chandler looks like an offensive juggernaut against Vuc. But then, he gets to escape a lot of criticism right? I mean, when opposing centers are destroying us, somehow it will be Harris' fault we lose?

It's been a well established fact that Vucevic is right around average on defense, and isn't someone who is even close to being able to deflect alley oops, Our guards let whoever the **** right into the paint. You expect an average defensive center to be able to not only help on the penetrating guards, but also deflect lob passes???

Who said anything about fault and Tobias? All I'm saying is Tobias hasn't done **** to deserve the contact he wants. If we pay him what he wants, we're going to look even more incompetent than we do now...

i dont know that an "average" center gives up 20 to Chandler. He's scored 20 two other times this year, vs Phx and Philly. Until we have some better post defense, this team wont win anything.

LOL, this is hilarious. You're pinning our problems on Vucevic? An average center, who is surrounded by cones, is going to give up 20 points easily. It's not hard to understand...
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#526 » by FFBlitzace » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:54 am

Alright Twitterverse, consult your sources.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
mojosodope
Sixth Man
And1: 459

Post#527 » by mojosodope » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:55 am

407Junkie wrote:
thelead wrote:

Professional sport players family members die all the time. Usually they play harder for their deceased in those situations. Quit making excuses. Frye sucks but it seems not to bother his play.

you are ridiclious. He missed 5 games with an injury, came back to play off the bench, lost his grandfather and is now playing on a team with not direction, has a lame duck coach trying anything to save his job.

but none of that matters though and he should be playing better because your opinion is how every single person is supposed to respond to a family members death
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#528 » by woosah » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:56 am

407Junkie wrote:
thelead wrote:

A statement that cannot be backed up. People respond differently to stressful situations and this is no different. Some play better when angry and some it disrupts their play...ie Dwight. Horrible when pissed. Lebron...off chill mode when angry. I don't even know how you came up with that but this man had a stroke while we were in NY to play and then it progressively got worse until his death. If it wouldn't have bothered you then here's a cookie, but you can't project that onto anyone. Nevertheless though, it's not like you just decided he sucks so this is typical for you and not even worth a discussion.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#529 » by OrlandO » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:56 am

SOUL wrote:
thelead wrote:

started before that though. obviously that doesn't help at all. should give him a few days off IMO

The grandfather died the other night, but he had a stroke over a week ago that led to his death. Lines up with Harris playing his worst stretch of ball of the season. From what I hear he was close to his grandfather and he's still just a kid at 22, so yeah not sure why they didn't give him bereavement leave. He must have insisted on playing or something.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#530 » by swarlesbarkley » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:56 am

407Junkie wrote:
thelead wrote:

Maybe they play harder during meaningful games or on a competing team. Tobias has neither of those right now. What a nasty comment to say.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#531 » by tiderulz » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:57 am

407Junkie wrote:
thelead wrote:

you so full of #$@#%. people handle different stuff all the time and they do not always play harder in those situations.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,028

Re: Re: The Farewell Game? Mavericks (31-17) @ Magic (15-34) 

Post#532 » by Driguez » Sun Feb 1, 2015 2:59 am

407Junkie wrote:
thelead wrote:

Really? Do professional players have more immediate family members than you and I? Maybe yo u couldn't care less for yours but other people do care a ton for their immediate family members. Everyone mourns differently you little smart cookie you.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Re: Re: Re: The Farewell Game? Mavericks (31-17) @ Magic (15-34) 

Post#533 » by Neon1 » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:00 am

Driguez wrote:
407Junkie wrote:
thelead wrote:his grandfather just died. I'll give him some time to mourn.

Really? Do professional players have more immediate family members than you and I? Maybe yo u couldn't care less for yours but other people do care a ton for their immediate family members. Everyone mourns differently you little smart cookie you.

At 22 it might be the first time hes even dealt with death.
woosah
RealGM

Post#534 » by woosah » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:02 am

OrlandO wrote:
SOUL wrote:

started before that though. obviously that doesn't help at all. should give him a few days off IMO

The grandfather died the other night, but he had a stroke over a week ago. Lines up with Harris playing his worst stretch of ball of the season. From what I hear he was close to his grandfather and he's still just a kid at 22, so yeah not sure why they didn't give him bereavement leave. He must have insisted on playing or something.

They probably when when the actual service takes place. A lot of times those things happen 5 days to a week later and so he and Frye decided to play for now. I know in that vid earlier he thanked the fans for the kind words and said he thinks of him everyday. He was close to him.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#535 » by orlando1214 » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:04 am

FFBlitzace wrote:Alright Twitterverse, consult your sources.

I'm praying for a Woj bomb to be dropped shortly. :pray:
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,013

Post#536 » by KillMonger » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:04 am

So the countdown is on.......odds on it happening tonight? over/under?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#537 » by tiderulz » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:05 am

MellowRose wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
i dont know that an "average" center gives up 20 to Chandler. He's scored 20 two other times this year, vs Phx and Philly. Until we have some better post defense, this team wont win anything.

LOL, this is hilarious. You're pinning our problems on Vucevic? An average center, who is surrounded by cones, is going to give up 20 points easily. It's not hard to understand...

not blaming it all on Vuc. Just saying, until we can solve post defense, this team wont win anything. And we dont have good post defense.

Chandler avg's 10 ppg, scores 20
Henson avg's 6 ppg, scores 12
Perkins avg's 4ppg, scores 11
Dwight avg's 16, scores 23
Gasol avg's 18, scores 28
Plumlee avg's 10, scores 18

You cant deny, Vuc scores a lot but isnt doing a lot to slow his counterpart down. its not all on him, he doesnt play 48 mpg, so im not saying that.
pogiro
Rookie
And1: 512

Post#538 » by pogiro » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:09 am

mojosodope wrote:
407Junkie wrote:

you are ridiclious. He missed 5 games with an injury, came back to play off the bench, lost his grandfather and is now playing on a team with not direction, has a lame duck coach trying anything to save his job.

but none of that matters though and he should be playing better because your opinion is how every single person is supposed to respond to a family members death

You stop thinking, you. These guys are basketball players and were put on earth to only do one thing, and play basketball like robots. Screw injuries. Screw adjusting to new roles.
woosah
RealGM

Post#539 » by woosah » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:09 am

Big Boss wrote:So the countdown is on.......odds on it happening tonight? over/under?

How would they though? I guess Martins could do it since Henny isn't in town. 50% it happens. lol
Boo.
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#540 » by 407Junkie » Sun Feb 1, 2015 3:11 am

woosah wrote:
407Junkie wrote:

A statement that cannot be backed up. People respond differently to stressful situations and this is no different. Some play better when angry and some it disrupts their play...ie Dwight. Horrible when pissed. Lebron...off chill mode when angry. I don't even know how you came up with that but this man had a stroke while we were in NY to play and then it progressively got worse until his death. If it wouldn't have bothered you then here's a cookie, but you can't project that onto anyone. Nevertheless though, it's not like you just decided he sucks so this is typical for you and not even worth a discussion.
But yet you made a statement. Shut up.

Return to Orlando Magic