ImageImageImageImage

The Push For George Karl [Merged]

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Re: The Push For George Karl [Merged] 

Post#241 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:58 pm

majortom71 wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:Ok, not quoting your whole post.
Of course D. Rose's minutes went down, he got hurt.
The old players info was also Pre- Olympics (for the most part) & world Champs. Players are more fatigued coming into the season. Coaches need to adjust.

The randomness of picking some players doesn't institute FACT. Just like what I was saying, only my opinion.

Ty for not quoting my whole post.

I am not sure what you mean pre-olympics? I do remember Jordan and Pippen being on the Dream Team, please clarify what you meant.
The stats I posted are from 3 HOFs playing for their main team including years where they won multiple chips.

What do you mean a player is more fatigued coming into the season? What would cause this fatigue? or did you mean not conditioned/out of shape?

I posted numbers to show that large minutes can be played by players who for the most part did not have injury riddled carriers a la Rose. In fact all 3 played most of the games the seasons they won championships playing equivalent or more minutes than Rose has ever played.

So how does what I posted not institute facts?
You asked for the FACTs I gave it, but you conclude with "only my opinion"?

My original statement was I don't like heavy minutes, opinion.
you said that was crap.

Your facts are, you picked 3 random great players for comparables. No studies on the effects of prolonged minutes. I could easily name 3 guys whose career was cut short due to injuries and say it was because they played too many minutes.
Fact, D Rose played heavy minutes and ended up hurt.
Your Quote on him "Rose averaged around 37mpg, first year with Thibs 37.4mpg and after that lower and lower." The lower and lower years were 39 games b/c injured. 10 games b/c injured. OR hey, they realized heavy minutes played a factor in the injury.

When Jordan and Co, played in the Olympics, it was a joke, as hopefully you know. Now, we are barely favorites.

a difference in 5 minutes per game over an 82 game season equates to 8.5 games.
majortom71
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#242 » by majortom71 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:48 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
majortom71 wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:Ok, not quoting your whole post.
Of course D. Rose's minutes went down, he got hurt.
The old players info was also Pre- Olympics (for the most part) & world Champs. Players are more fatigued coming into the season. Coaches need to adjust.

The randomness of picking some players doesn't institute FACT. Just like what I was saying, only my opinion.

Ty for not quoting my whole post.

I am not sure what you mean pre-olympics? I do remember Jordan and Pippen being on the Dream Team, please clarify what you meant.
The stats I posted are from 3 HOFs playing for their main team including years where they won multiple chips.

What do you mean a player is more fatigued coming into the season? What would cause this fatigue? or did you mean not conditioned/out of shape?

I posted numbers to show that large minutes can be played by players who for the most part did not have injury riddled carriers a la Rose. In fact all 3 played most of the games the seasons they won championships playing equivalent or more minutes than Rose has ever played.

So how does what I posted not institute facts?
You asked for the FACTs I gave it, but you conclude with "only my opinion"?

My original statement was I don't like heavy minutes, opinion.
you said that was crap.

Your facts are, you picked 3 random great players for comparables. No studies on the effects of prolonged minutes. I could easily name 3 guys whose career was cut short due to injuries and say it was because they played too many minutes.
Fact, D Rose played heavy minutes and ended up hurt.
Your Quote on him "Rose averaged around 37mpg, first year with Thibs 37.4mpg and after that lower and lower." The lower and lower years were 39 games b/c injured. 10 games b/c injured. OR hey, they realized heavy minutes played a factor in the injury.

When Jordan and Co, played in the Olympics, it was a joke, as hopefully you know. Now, we are barely favorites.

a difference in 5 minutes per game over an 82 game season equates to 8.5 games.

So what your saying is some players can play long minutes and some get injured to long minutes and that's why getting Thibs is a bad idea? I showed you that most coaches back in the 90s played their top players long minutes and no injury issues were there.
If this team had a very strong bench than yea you can sub people and your stars don't play long minutes, but that's just wishful thinking not many teams get blessed that way.
I think Thibs got a bad rap for no reason due to some of his players coming down with injuries I would look at the strength/conditioning team for Chicago before even Thibs.
Idunkonyou2
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

The Push For George Karl [Merged] 

Post#243 » by Idunkonyou2 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:55 pm

ESPN is reporting that Karl is expected to take over coaching duties for the Kings after the Allstar break. Another one bites the dust.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Post#244 » by TreasureCoast » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Idunkonyou2 wrote:ESPN is reporting that Karl is expected to take over coaching duties for the Kings after the Allstar break. Another one bites the dust.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

And no new rumors about us?? Thibs or bust!
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#245 » by MellowRose » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:19 pm

We're not getting Thibs. Yall delusional.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,783

Post#246 » by Audi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Welcome home Scotty Skiles?
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#247 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Its over. Karl used Magic to get his paycheck and job. Well Done.

•George Karl Agrees To Become Kings' Head Coach and is already assembling staff.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#248 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:41 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Its over. Karl used Magic to get his paycheck and job. Well Done.

•George Karl Agrees To Become Kings' Head Coach and is already assembling staff.

Leave it to the magic to sit on their hands while our fish gets away.
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#249 » by in-limbo » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:48 pm

There bringing in Skiles as a defense first coach. I think this is letting the pendulum swing to far from Vaughn, One guy eternally positive the other as crusty as they come. George Karl was never a real option for us but I think he was the best fit. i will support whoever they bring in but I'm a bit bummed.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#250 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:00 pm

it'll be Skiles imo and I'll support that.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,014

Post#251 » by KillMonger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Ibtl
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#252 » by woosah » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Ah well it was fun while it lasted. Now from one long shot to another, whassup with the Thibs drama?
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#253 » by ezzzp » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Its over. Karl used Magic to get his paycheck and job. Well Done.

Magic were NEVER in play as anything beyond leverage ...or as a back up option to pick from just like the other teams that would have chased him over the summer.

Hennigan played Karl's game perfectly, no public comment - no bridges burned - no one on any side lost face ...
didak
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#254 » by didak » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Had the chance...

R I P - Kobe Bryant
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#255 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:28 pm

ezzzp wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:

Magic were NEVER in play as anything beyond leverage ...or as a back up option to pick from just like the other teams that would have chased him over the summer.

Hennigan played Karl's game perfectly, no public comment - no bridges burned - no one on any side lost face ...

You really need to stop defending hennigan. What do you mean we used Him? He used US lol this much is obvious.

Now were gonna have to settle on some half baked retread like gentry, mcmillan or skiles.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#256 » by ezzzp » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:42 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:Leave it to the magic to sit on their hands while our fish gets away.

You really need to stop defending hennigan. What do you mean we used Him? He used US lol this much is obvious.

Now were gonna have to settle on some half baked retread like gentry, mcmillan or skiles.

Do you have reading comprehension issues?

How about you point out where I said we used him? I said Hennigan didn't get pulled into his game...in fact I posted on this board immediately after Karl's first tweet that his interest was fishy and that it was pretty clearly a leverage strategy - not true interest in the Magic.

Just because you got fooled by a 65yr old man on twitter doesn't mean a savvy GM running a multi-million dollar franchise did.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#257 » by ezzzp » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:43 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:Leave it to the magic to sit on their hands while our fish gets away.

Do you have reading comprehension issues?

How about you point out where I said we used him? I said Hennigan didn't get pulled into his game...in fact I posted on this board immediately after Karl's first tweet that his interest was fishy and that it was pretty clearly a leverage strategy - not true interest in the Magic.

Just because you got fooled by a 65yr old man on twitter doesn't mean a savvy GM running a multi-million dollar franchise did.
Neato
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Champ
And1: 6,080

Post#258 » by Neato » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:01 pm

I'm not sure whether getting fooled or not is the issue here. it sounds like henny didn't even bother reaching out to karl. if we assume interest for a sec, I think you'd still have to try in case karl was serious imo. seems to me that henny wasn't even interested in karl either way.
Neato
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Champ
And1: 6,080

Post#259 » by Neato » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:02 pm

I think I'm pretty much going to have to start warming up to the skiles idea, even if it's forced on me
Orlwillbeback
RealGM

Post#260 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 pm

You cant honestly think karl didnt have interest in the magic job. Smokescreens, leverage, whatever you want to call it he was itching to get back into coaching and before the magic even got their **** together our fish got away.

You really need to stop defending hennigan, face it he blew this one and that much is obvious. Karl was willing to coach just about anywhere and he took the first job that was available. You seriously cant be happy with this can you? Missing out on george karl for the opportunity to give borrego another shot and possibly replace him with a retread coach?

Return to Orlando Magic