ImageImageImageImage

Boogie love affair

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

TreasureCoast
Analyst
And1: 2,745

Re: Boogie love affair 

Post#41 » by TreasureCoast » Sat Mar 7, 2015 9:00 pm

Jkam31 wrote:Name a franchise player that's been traded before his contract year let alone 1 year after he just signed a 4 year deal. So if David comes out right now and says I will never play another game in NO they would trade him? No cause he has 0 leverage till his contract year. Baffles my mind why people think otherwise.
And the point is his value will always be high it just means we have 2 years to get a team around him.

j-ragg wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
No players don't get traded with 3 more years on there contract. It has never happened franchise players only get traded on there contract year.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Right. So if he wants out you'll just keep him for 3 years anyway. That'll help his value for sure!

Do you think teams will give up more assets for a guy with 3 more years on his deal or an expiring contract?

I agree with you but only because it's the Kings, only they would be dumb enough to take a risk that large.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#42 » by j-ragg » Sat Mar 7, 2015 9:07 pm

Jkam31 wrote:Name a franchise player that's been traded before his contract year let alone 1 year after he just signed a 4 year deal. So if David comes out right now and says I will never play another game in NO they would trade him? No cause he has 0 leverage till his contract year. Baffles my mind why people think otherwise.
And the point is his value will always be high it just means we have 2 years to get a team around him.

j-ragg wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
No players don't get traded with 3 more years on there contract. It has never happened franchise players only get traded on there contract year.

Right. So if he wants out you'll just keep him for 3 years anyway. That'll help his value for sure!

Do you think teams will give up more assets for a guy with 3 more years on his deal or an expiring contract?

Davis isn't a hot head who "reportedly" has had problems with his franchise. Don't kid yourself, your team hasn't put a good team together since 2002. I don't think that process starts in the next 2 years.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,783

Post#43 » by Audi » Sat Mar 7, 2015 9:08 pm

InFlames wrote:
Audi wrote:If he really liked Payton that much, it'd certainly be interesting to attract a star C with a PG. Would that be a Magic first?

Already did it with Penny and Shaq, two top 5 players/mvp candidates. Or are you asking if it would be the first time we used a good PG to attract a star C?

Yea I mean attract a star C with a good PG.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#44 » by 407Junkie » Sat Mar 7, 2015 10:23 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

Man keep your Cousins on that pathetic team. Who cares because it's damn sure not that important. I'm pretty sure the Magic have plenty other avenues to get where they want to without him. All he is gonna do is rot away in Sacramento for the foreseeable future. They can't draft or lure free agents to come there so hanging on to one all star won't change much over there.
orthoman
Senior
And1: 207

Post#45 » by orthoman » Sat Mar 7, 2015 10:31 pm

I would trade Vucevic for Cousins in a heartbeat.
Only people I'd keep on this team are Cookie Monster Dipo, Harris, Payton.
Everyone else can be traded.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Post#46 » by Bensational » Sat Mar 7, 2015 10:52 pm

i don't want the Cousins drama on this team.

i'd happily be a part of a 3 team trade that moves him around.

i think the Sac fan is right - Kings keep DMC until they put a legit team around him. if he's still unhappy, they trade him a year/year and a half out from the end of his deal. BUT, i could definitely see a NYK #1 for DMC deal going down, too. makes too much sense. best value you'll get for DMC.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,018

Post#47 » by KillMonger » Sat Mar 7, 2015 10:56 pm

Non issue, dude is locked in even if he demands a trade plus i don't think him demanding a trade would go over well with the people at large. Even though it's understandable that he wants to win and might be wasting a few of him prime years on a seemingly perennial lottery team.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#48 » by JF5 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 11:31 pm

Cousins and Vucevic offensively is nearly a wash... But defensively its not even close. Cousins just has him there and I honestly would trade Vucevic for him because of that... It would nearly negate all the defensive problems this teams has; and puts less strain into finding players to compliment each other in the front court.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 847

Post#49 » by axl_c_cool » Sun Mar 8, 2015 12:17 am

We would have to trade to Cousins if he asked for a trade and named us, I would be reluctant to give some players up though. I would list these players and say make a package and we can talk

Vucevic, Harris, LA Lakers 2017 1st round pick

or Vucevic or Harris with Harkless, Nicholson, Fournier, LA Lakers 2017 1st round pick

If he demands a trade we could work with those packages, much more would be giving up more than we would need to with the leverage we have, they would take the first trade out of the 2 in my opinion

Payton/Curry
Oladipo/Fournier
Gordon/Harkless/Marble
Frye/O'Quinn/Nicholson
Cousins/Dedmon
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#50 » by Baka_La Flame » Sun Mar 8, 2015 2:23 am

If he wants out we could offer plenty. Plus he loves our team. Hiring Malone might be the icing on the cake
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,706

Post#51 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 2:27 am

I guess we like reaching for fantasy trades.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Boogie love affair 

Post#52 » by Max Power » Sun Mar 8, 2015 2:30 am

No team will win a title with Cousins as their key cog. I'll pass and stay with Vuc. Cousins is phenomenal, but the guy has a major attitude problem and I don't see him outgrowing it. Vuc is fabulous and isn't going to freak out once we acquire a superstar type who'll need the ball.

Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Boogie love affair 

Post#53 » by Jkam31 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 2:51 am

Max Power wrote:No team will win a title with Cousins as their key cog. I'll pass and stay with Vuc. Cousins is phenomenal, but the guy has a major attitude problem and I don't see him outgrowing it. Vuc is fabulous and isn't going to freak out once we acquire a superstar type who'll need the ball.

Clueless

abuzz
Senior
And1: 82

Post#54 » by abuzz » Sun Mar 8, 2015 2:59 am

Cousins is the Rim protector Magic fans have been clamoring for and complements the stretch game. Evidence that rejected would-be posterizer dunk of Tobias by Cousins.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Post#55 » by cedric76 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 8:08 am

If DMC was as mentally stable as vuc, I d be happy to trade for him

Elf,Harrison,curry
Dipo,Evan,marble
Harris,Aaron,Moe
Frye,AN,Harris
Boogie,ded,koq

And still money to spend on fa
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Boogie love affair 

Post#56 » by Max Power » Mon Mar 9, 2015 2:42 pm

Clueless? Hmm. Interesting. I said Cousins is a phenomenal player, he is. I said he has a major attitude problem. He does. I said he's not the key guy to a title. He's not. So educate me genius, how am I clueless?

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#57 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Mar 9, 2015 3:16 pm

It would probably take Harris and Vooch or Number 1 pick to get Cousins. I would consider Harris and our Number 1 though. But, I feel Henny has no balls for any type of risky move.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#58 » by Kings2013 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 5:57 pm

j-ragg wrote:

j-ragg wrote:Right. So if he wants out you'll just keep him for 3 years anyway. That'll help his value for sure!

Davis isn't a hot head who "reportedly" has had problems with his franchise. Don't kid yourself, your team hasn't put a good team together since 2002. I don't think that process starts in the next 2 years.

Why 2002? Why not the Artest/Bonzi team that put the fear of life in the Spurs?

Cousins has expressed nothing but loyalty, check out Bill Simmons interview over all star break.

The Kings with Cousins, Gay, Collison, McLemore, a top ten and some cash to upgrade our putrid bench could start moving under Karl next year. I think Orlando saw the impact of how much we need our starting Pg last week

There is no Vuc stuff though, everyone looking to improve their franchise..
jgosche
Sixth Man
And1: 866

Post#59 » by jgosche » Mon Mar 9, 2015 7:48 pm

Vuc just signed a cap friendly contract and he seems to really like the team and the other players seem to really like him.

Boogie is definitely the better player, but I don't want us to be like the Sixers, where every player is just a statistic. Goes against the whole "organic" philosophy that Henny has been preaching.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#60 » by KingRobb02 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Cousins is not that good

Return to Orlando Magic