ImageImageImageImage

Magic(20-43) vs. Celtics(25-35)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Re: Magic(20-43) vs. Celtics(25-35) 

Post#541 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon Mar 9, 2015 5:21 pm

Immature Luigi wrote:
OrlandO wrote:harkless' first highlight video in ages...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhAR4p8JrBY[/youtube]

now i need to see more but maybe just maybe the magic front office was right about Harkless and Nicholson. I remember reading something that said that Henny and JV had different opinions about Hark and Nicholson and didn't trade them to see if they could get more out of them with a different coach. Well......different coach and as of now we are getting more out of them, that being said i still need to see more but from what i see they look like different players. Got some fire in their belly so to speak

Hopefully this gives Harkless some confidence when he is in (and the confidence of the HC to play him). Good defensive stats w a Blk and 3 steals.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#542 » by OrlandoNed » Mon Mar 9, 2015 5:21 pm

Immature Luigi wrote:
OrlandO wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSBOOcek7Vg[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84EiCB0Efkw[/youtube]

great highlights but man i'll tell you watching those Elfrid highlights really made me realize the potential this kid has, man if he can put it together he can be special. He got the ball-handling, passing ability and vision you want out of a PG, he got the speed in the open court to really put pressure on the defense. He's got the defense, already in his first year one of the better defensive PG's in the league if i'm not mistaken. This off-season is going to be big for him, he doesn't need to be a great shooter he only needs to get that jumper to a level where the defense has to respect it then his game will really take off.

Payton was making a fool of Zeller in those highlights. I loved that move he made on him at 1:00 where he stopped on a dime while Zeller was backpedaling and just dropped it in.

Now the move I really loved was at 1:42. That was so slick. Thomas disrupted his initial drive and redirected him out to the elbow away from the paint, drew Crowder out too, spun himself around while in total control, faked the pass to freeze Olynyk, and floated the ball in. Absolutely beautiful ball control and awareness. He's so fun to watch with those unpredictable, herky-jerky moves.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#543 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Mar 9, 2015 5:32 pm

woosah wrote:JB danced around that Mo question about him not being used. "sometimes a player is out of the rotation because others are playing better" umm not really. Willeh wasn't killing it and neither was BG. Whatever though.

He wasn't playing him because he doesn't know how to use him. I've said it from the beginning Harkless should've been playing from day 1. I'm the only one not surprised by his performance. He's worked just as hard as anyone else and deserved as much of a chance as our other young players to prove himself through consistent playing time. He doesn't know how to use Drew or Hark.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#544 » by woosah » Mon Mar 9, 2015 5:46 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
woosah wrote:JB danced around that Mo question about him not being used. "sometimes a player is out of the rotation because others are playing better" umm not really. Willeh wasn't killing it and neither was BG. Whatever though.

He wasn't playing him because he doesn't know how to use him. I've said it from the beginning Harkless should've been playing from day 1. I'm the only one not surprised by his performance. He's worked just as hard as anyone else and deserved as much of a chance as our other young players to prove himself through consistent playing time. He doesn't know how to use Drew or Hark.

I thought it was something personal that went down because JV switched out on them. They did play and were fine and then nothing. When AA was here he played a lot with Harkless in the lineup and he used to brag about Mo all the time and talk about how hard Mo worked. Then all of a sudden the narrative was that he was lazy and had no fire? Nah, just because someone is mellow doesn't mean they don't have fire. Everyone isn't going to be demonstrative like Dedmon. Funny how both laid back dudes fell out of favor. It seems like a personality conflict but it's a guess. Plus JV was an idiot.

Anyway we know they won't burn it up every night, but we have seen enough to know they could have at least got some time. All those games we needed offense and AN sitting over there with all those moves and nothing? All those games we could have used better defense and Mo warming the pine like he's getting it ready for bbq? Just wrong. Willeh going 1/13 for 5 pts in 29 minutes, tho. That was what was needed? *screams*
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#545 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Mar 9, 2015 5:55 pm

woosah wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

I thought it was something personal that went down because JV switched out on them. They did play and were fine and then nothing. When AA was here he played a lot with Harkless in the lineup and he used to brag about Mo all the time and talk about how hard Mo worked. Then all of a sudden the narrative was that he was lazy and had no fire? Nah, just because someone is mellow doesn't mean they don't have fire. Everyone isn't going to be demonstrative like Dedmon. Funny how both laid back dudes fell out of favor. It seems like a personality conflict but it's a guess. Plus JV was an idiot.

Anyway we know they won't burn it up every night, but we have seen enough to know they could have at least got some time. All those games we needed offense and AN sitting over there with all those moves and nothing? All those games we could have used better defense and Mo warming the pine like it's ready for bbq? Just wrong. Willeh going 1/13 for 5 pts in 29 minutes, tho. That was what was needed? *screams*

Not to mention the fact that Harris was praising him for all the hard work he put in during the offseason. Harkless doesn't lack heart or fire he just lacks a coaching staff that knows how to use him.

No they're not all star caliber players but they are solid rotation players who can contribute. Mo will mope around if he doesn't play we've all seen that and hopefully he grows out of that but when his confidence is high like it seems it is now he can contribute as a solid 3 and D player.
#2A
#Adopt
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,595

Post#546 » by SOUL » Mon Mar 9, 2015 6:10 pm

they didnt give elfrid an assist for that harkless pass! (im pretty sure, at least)
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#547 » by RYgoBOOM » Mon Mar 9, 2015 6:20 pm

Mannn I could write an essay on how dumb JV is.

I figured this would happen once Moe got the minutes. Everyone is so up his ass about not being a "loud" and animated guy. He looked like he was enjoying that extra burn last night ;)

14 and 7 with 3 nasty dunks a block and 3 steals? Nahhhhhhh keep playing Willie!
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
MellowRose
Banned User
And1: 1,551

Post#548 » by MellowRose » Mon Mar 9, 2015 6:44 pm

Loved what I saw from Harkless. Dude was on another gear last night.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,170

Post#549 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Mar 9, 2015 6:51 pm

You guys realize that Hark has mostly played terrible whenever he was given time. He has looked clueless like he just started playing basketball. But its good to see that he brought it yesterday, question always with him will be will he bring it next game?
aka: prorl
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Post#550 » by The Real Dalic » Mon Mar 9, 2015 6:57 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:You guys realize that Hark has mostly played terrible whenever he was given time. He has looked clueless like he just started playing basketball. But its good to see that he brought it yesterday, question always with him will be will he bring it next game?

Yep, he shows up every now and then, then disappears a day later. Hopefully this is the end of that though.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#551 » by tiderulz » Mon Mar 9, 2015 7:14 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:You guys realize that Hark has mostly played terrible whenever he was given time. He has looked clueless like he just started playing basketball. But its good to see that he brought it yesterday, question always with him will be will he bring it next game?

this year. He wasnt playing terrible last year.
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,543

Post#552 » by AddiFB » Mon Mar 9, 2015 7:26 pm

That could be a JV-affect. When your boss constantly brings you down, doesn't give you assignments and doesn't seem to trust you, of course that has a negative affect on your productivity and confidence. Once you either change jobs or that boss is replaced and the new one sees something in you and gives you a chance under new and more positive light...
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#553 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Mar 9, 2015 7:29 pm

Million dollar question this season. Last season he played well which is why I look at the coaching staff and their ability to develop talent. A 21 year old doesn't regress this bad.
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#554 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Mar 9, 2015 7:34 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:Mannn I could write an essay on how dumb JV is.

I figured this would happen once Moe got the minutes. Everyone is so up his ass about not being a "loud" and animated guy. He looked like he was enjoying that extra burn last night ;)

14 and 7 with 3 nasty dunks a block and 3 steals? Nahhhhhhh keep playing Willie!

People often associate being loud and animated with having heart and desire to play. It's the need for immediate and visual gratification. If they don't see it then it MUST mean he doesn't have heart. Happens to a lot of guys with a laid back personality.
#2A
#Adopt
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#555 » by OrlandO » Mon Mar 9, 2015 7:58 pm

Oladipo got robbed on east player of the week... they gave it to mo williams with his 19 points/10 assist line
woosah
RealGM

Post#556 » by woosah » Mon Mar 9, 2015 8:25 pm

tiderulz wrote:

this year. He wasnt playing terrible last year.

exactly. He wasn't always terrible and because he had some success initially you have to question what happened.

here's some fun memory joggers
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1242523&start=40#start_here

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1266062

Paul George :lol:
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#557 » by JF5 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 8:59 pm

That's what I've been saying... Its not like Aaron Gordon where he would come out in spotty minutes, and pretty much play relatively well every time he'd enter a game. Hark STUNK UP the joint up until this game. Now all of a sudden people are saying he's being held back by Vaughn, even though under Borrego he looked just as bad until yesterday.

Hopefully he does bring it for the rest of the season. Because if he doesn't people will at that point have no more excuses for him.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#558 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Mar 9, 2015 11:55 pm

SOUL wrote:they didnt give elfrid an assist for that harkless pass! (im pretty sure, at least)

Don't worry. Our scorekeepers will rob him of hundreds before his career is through.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#559 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:02 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/575047629157068800[/tweet]
woosah
RealGM

Post#560 » by woosah » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:09 am

Nyce_1 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/575047629157068800[/tweet]

It was a good call. They have been pretty consistent sending the message that an elbow to the face/head area will not be tolerated. Kind of reminds me of the Dwight elbow with Dalembert when he had to miss that playoff game. It didn't even make contact but he got suspended. Just too much risk of bad things with allowing that.

They said nothing on the Harkless push so i guess they thought that play was ok as called as well.
Boo.

Return to Orlando Magic