ImageImageImageImage

Magic(21-49) vs. TrailBlazers(44-22)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Magic(21-49) vs. TrailBlazers(44-22) 

Post#481 » by SD2042 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:42 am

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:I just want to give a shout out to the Kings owner. From all Magic fans, we say THANK YOU!!!!!

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r0mQwnlkVMU[/youtube]

The Kings should've went with Vonleh and Charlotte should got Stauskas. This is what happens when you draft players based on analytic stats alone. The numbers only tell part of the story like chemistry, psychology, the player fitting the scheme of the team's direction and etc.

I just watched the whole video on youtube and actually the analytic guys they hired to advise them told them to draft Payton. While the owner kinda got infatuated with Stauskas

One of the reasons they went for Stauskas was the Kings were looking to use the pick to stage a deal involving Rondo at the time. And the owner had all his resources at his disposal, but allowed himself to get over invested and should've went with a better player. Stauskas will be traded either by the offseason or some time next year in a deal.
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#482 » by magicman112 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:42 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:EP is special. I said a couple of months ago he can have a Jason Kidd type effect if he keeps improving, he is already starting to get there.

I didn't know much about him on draft night when we got him, but I knew he was one of the top PG prospects and he had destroyed Smart in draft workouts. Then in SL I really saw why Henny made the move to get him. Great court awareness, quickness and athleticism to go with tenacity. He started out rough in the first game and people in the game thread were talking bad about him but he came out in the 2nd half and turned it around. That actually impressed me most.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#483 » by woosah » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:55 am

SD2042 wrote:One of the reasons they went for Stauskas was the Kings were looking to use the pick to stage a deal involving Rondo at the time. And the owner had all his resources at his disposal, but allowed himself to get over invested and should've went with a better player. Stauskas will be traded either by the offseason or some time next year in a deal.

That makes it worse lol. They picked a guy to get Rondo when they could have picked "the next Rondo" with possible better shooting as he developed? bwahahaha
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#484 » by SD2042 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:16 am

woosah wrote:
SD2042 wrote:One of the reasons they went for Stauskas was the Kings were looking to use the pick to stage a deal involving Rondo at the time. And the owner had all his resources at his disposal, but allowed himself to get over invested and should've went with a better player. Stauskas will be traded either by the offseason or some time next year in a deal.

That makes it worse lol. They picked a guy to get Rondo when they could have picked "the next Rondo" with possible better shooting as he developed? bwahahaha

That's what the Kings main intentions were at the time. Which goes to show that you never jump the gun when the ink has not dry on the contract.

BTW, this is the same Kings team that pass on Damian Lillard from three yrs prior.

Return to Orlando Magic