ImageImageImageImage

FA target for the Magic this summer

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Re: FA target for the Magic this summer 

Post#81 » by ezzzp » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:50 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:yeah but Jordan put up big numbers without Griffin and was an ascending player before Doc even got there.

Jordan could barely get off the bench on LAC teams that won 19 and 29 games . Blake arrived in 2010 and CP3 in 2011:

ralphie9898 wrote:I am sorry but Jordan is a a lot more athletic and just as big as Vuc. He plays far better D and is just as good of a rebounder and despite being part of a team that has guys who take just as many if not more shots them he still scores at a good clip. And he showed when Griffin was gone that he can carry a higher scoring load. He is not just a product of the system. Vuc too is a largely a product of us not being a very good team and lacking much in the way of superior scoring options so I think Vuc's scoring numbers are a little inflated scoring wise.

This is a comparison of Jordan at 24 vs Vucevic at 24...I take Vuc any day:

ralphie9898 wrote:As for the contract we can offer him the same raises but we can't offer him that extra year. And it isn't an anamoly to see players leave teams. It happens quite often in free agency every year. There were plenty of guys who left to join new teams.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q55

ralphie9898 wrote:And again I don't think adding a good defender at the 4 makes as much of an improvement defensively as you think. Yeah it would help but still we lack that rim protector. A PF can't always be counted on to be a true rim protector as he would often be pulled away guarding 4s and wouldn't be in position. Sure he can still get some blocked shots but he wouldn't be that true rim deterrent that is always there when anybody drives.And you can't just switch and allow that PF to play center because Vuc can't guard 4s or be counted on to switch if anyones runs a screen to that PF that requires them to switch.

Right now, of the top 3 shot blockers and effective defenders in the NBA - two are PF's (Davis and Ibaka)

...but regardless high quality team defenses have for the most part figured out how to neutralize the stretch 4 strategy in the post season when the game slows down (live by the 3 die by the 3). In fact having versatile defenders at sf/pf that can defend multiple positions has become as - if not more - important than a classical defensive center.

ralphie9898 wrote:Now I would be fine with Vuc at center but I don't think he is the ideal guy at center. Sorry but no one is as yet irreplaceable on this team. Sorry but if you happy with mediocrity than you go and sit on your hands and not an try to right the ship.

Seriously? last I checked Rob Hennigan was the GM and Devos family are the owners. You really think you are doing something? LOL what are you 12?

ralphie9898 wrote:This is a business and I am not at all worried what a phone call to prospective FAs would do to our current players. It happens all the time. Did Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green complain and cry when GS added Iggy and put him right in front of them. Did Terrence Jones wine and cry when Houston pursued Bosh to essentially replace him. No this is a business and players no that and it isn't Henny's job to coddle and tell these players that everything will be alright and fall in love with them and ignore the truth and be a homer who over-rates his players.

I'm glad you know so much about what is going on behind closed doors. Plus all those examples you gave are players that were fringe starters when that happened. Vuc is a legit starter on nearly every NBA team. How GM's handle player relations and free agency matters whether you choose to believe it or not - this is nothing new and not my concept.

Yeah whatever dude Obviously we disagree. So I am done with this as it is a waste of time to keep up this argument. We are going to have to agree to disagree.

You're not disagreeing with me - you are disagreeing with statistical facts and a CBA legal document...there they are above, easily accessible to read....so yea whatever.

Return to Orlando Magic