ImageImageImageImage

Roster for next year

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Roster for next year 

Post#1 » by Patrick1978 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:26 am

Hello people,greetings from romania
My opinion after the last games i watched is that the draft of justise winslow or porzingis would be the best option.
Also the bench need an upgrade with 3point shooting an scoring,so i would look for a trade of stauskas or tj warren.
For free agency i would make an offer to norris cole,cj watson or randy foye.They are clearly better than ridnour and willie.
For the second round of the draft it depends who we draft in the first round.If we go with winslow,look for a guy like Jordan mickey,chris obekpa ,rakeem christmas.If we go for porzingis look for a shooter like anthony brown,ron baker,aaron white,rashad vaughn.I would also make a max offer to draymond green.If we don t get him go for ed davis or amir johnson.
As for yesterdays game i don t understand why borrego starts nicholson over gordon._._._we need areal coach.
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
magician4ever
Junior
And1: 211

Re: Roster for next year 

Post#2 » by magician4ever » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Interesting ideas. Looks like you've put a lot of thought into who we should target in the second round :D

Not singling you out or anything, but I think 95% of ppl on this board don't realize that Borrego is being extremely cautious with AG, as he should be. The Jones fracture is a very serious injury, and it takes a long, long time to heal completely. The treatment AG got was the same as Durant's, where they opted to go for the "quick recovery" option which needs more caution. Look at KD, they tried putting him back in with normal minutes, now he's out again for 4-6 months and will need yet another surgery. If I was the FO, I would've just gone for the bone graft surgery (takes around 6 months to heal), as once he would've come back, he would be 100% without any caution as far as minutes go needed. Sorry this post went on a little longer than it should have, but that's likely why he's only getting 10-15 minutes per game. Yeah, he makes a great defensive impact on the court, but I'd rather he be on a minutes restriction until the end of the season than see him re-injure his foot again.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#3 » by seeingstars » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:51 pm

Agreed. By November he should be tip top. Curious as to how much muscle he's willing to put on due to the foot and wanting to play the three. He's also a high flyer, I wonder of he's worried about hard landings and if that prevents him from fully soaring...
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#4 » by OrlandO » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:14 pm

magician4ever wrote:Interesting ideas. Looks like you've put a lot of thought into who we should target in the second round :D

Not singling you out or anything, but I think 95% of ppl on this board don't realize that Borrego is being extremely cautious with AG, as he should be. The Jones fracture is a very serious injury, and it takes a long, long time to heal completely. The treatment AG got was the same as Durant's, where they opted to go for the "quick recovery" option which needs more caution. Look at KD, they tried putting him back in with normal minutes, now he's out again for 4-6 months and will need yet another surgery. If I was the FO, I would've just gone for the bone graft surgery (takes around 6 months to heal), as once he would've come back, he would be 100% without any caution as far as minutes go needed. Sorry this post went on a little longer than it should have, but that's likely why he's only getting 10-15 minutes per game. Yeah, he makes a great defensive impact on the court, but I'd rather he be on a minutes restriction until the end of the season than see him re-injure his foot again.

Except Gordon's injury wasn't a Jones Fracture. They both had fractures of the fifth metatarsal, but they were different. Like you mentioned, Durant's injury was the less common Jones fracture and that's far worse because it's known to have issues healing due to poor blood circulation in the area. Probably didn't help that KD rushed back to play. AG had a "less severe" fracture... he didn't mention the name, but the important thing is it's not the worst kind that everyone fears. He waited the full two months to come back and he's still cleared to play two and a half months after returning. He's fine. Plus, Borrego confirmed a couple times that he's not on a minutes restriction.
magician4ever
Junior
And1: 211

Post#5 » by magician4ever » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:26 pm

OrlandO wrote:Except Gordon's injury wasn't a Jones Fracture. They both had fractures of the fifth metatarsal, but they were different. Like you mentioned, Durant's injury was the less common Jones fracture and that's far worse because it's known to have issues healing due to poor blood circulation in the area. Probably didn't help that KD rushed back to play. AG had a "less severe" fracture... he didn't mention the name, but the important thing is it's not the worst kind that everyone fears. He waited the full two months to come back and he's still cleared to play two and a half months after returning. He's fine. Plus, Borrego confirmed a couple times that he's not on a minutes restriction.

I wasn't aware of that, my b. I just feel like there can't be any reason other than caution as to why JB is playing him for only 10-15 minutes because Gordon has earned way more than that.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,028

Post#6 » by drsd » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:26 pm

seeingstars wrote:Agreed. By November he should be tip top. Curious as to how much muscle he's willing to put on due to the foot and wanting to play the three. He's also a high flyer, I wonder of he's worried about hard landings and if that prevents him from fully soaring...

I would project Gordon-A as a future PF. It will take him about 3 years to get there. Recall that Dwight Howard was a PF his rookie year into the trainers could bulk him into being a competent C.

seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#7 » by seeingstars » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:43 pm

drsd wrote:
seeingstars wrote:Agreed. By November he should be tip top. Curious as to how much muscle he's willing to put on due to the foot and wanting to play the three. He's also a high flyer, I wonder of he's worried about hard landings and if that prevents him from fully soaring...

I would project Gordon-A as a future PF. It will take him about 3 years to get there. Recall that Dwight Howard was a PF his rookie year into the trainers could bulk him into being a competent C.

Yeah, and what we did with Dipo last year. Its wise to foster that versatility.

The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#8 » by OrlandO » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:43 pm

magician4ever wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Except Gordon's injury wasn't a Jones Fracture. They both had fractures of the fifth metatarsal, but they were different. Like you mentioned, Durant's injury was the less common Jones fracture and that's far worse because it's known to have issues healing due to poor blood circulation in the area. Probably didn't help that KD rushed back to play. AG had a "less severe" fracture... he didn't mention the name, but the important thing is it's not the worst kind that everyone fears. He waited the full two months to come back and he's still cleared to play two and a half months after returning. He's fine. Plus, Borrego confirmed a couple times that he's not on a minutes restriction.

I wasn't aware of that, my b. I just feel like there can't be any reason other than caution as to why JB is playing him for only 10-15 minutes because Gordon has earned way more than that.

It would be more understandable if he was being limited due to concerns about his foot, but that doesn't appear to be the case. He's been cleared from the minutes restriction for a while and I haven't heard anything about the foot since. I guess Borrego is coaching to win (résumé building for his next job) and probably doesn't trust AG since he's a 19 year old rookie who has not only missed a lot of time but is also guaranteed to make mistakes. That's why the minutes go to veteran willie green instead of another young player like Harkless. It was a joke last month and it's even more of a joke with 8 games left. Wasting valuable development opportunities...

I'm surprised reporters have stopped asking about it. Maybe we should ask Adam to bring it back up?
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#9 » by j-ragg » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:35 pm

OrlandO wrote:
magician4ever wrote:

It would be more understandable if he was being limited due to concerns about his foot, but that doesn't appear to be the case. He's been cleared from the minutes restriction for a while and I haven't heard anything about the foot since. I guess Borrego is coaching to win (résumé building for his next job) and probably doesn't trust AG since he's a 19 year old rookie who has not only missed a lot of time but is also guaranteed to make mistakes. That's why the minutes go to veteran willie green instead of another young player like Harkless. It was a joke last month and it's even more of a joke with 8 games left. Wasting valuable development opportunities...

I'm surprised reporters have stopped asking about it. Maybe we should ask Adam to bring it back up?

It's mind blowing more people haven't asked him about it. Why are Ridnour and Green and Frye getting more minutes? Makes absolutely no sense on a 22 win team.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
drsd
RealGM

Post#10 » by drsd » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:39 pm

j-ragg wrote:I'm surprised reporters have stopped asking about it. Maybe we should ask Adam to bring it back up?

It's mind blowing more people haven't asked him about it. Why are Ridnour and Green and Frye getting more minutes? Makes absolutely no sense on a 22 win team.[/quote]

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#11 » by j-ragg » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:46 pm

The tank joke is popular but still doesn't make sense.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
drsd
RealGM

Post#12 » by drsd » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:47 pm

j-ragg wrote:The tank joke is popular but still doesn't make sense.

I agree in that player development means big minutes for the young guys. Nicholson started. Gordon-A got more minutes than Frye off of the bench. O'Quinn and Gordon-B did not play so that Payton and Nicholson could get big minutes.

Sorry, but this is "player development" and that means tanking.

Return to Orlando Magic