ImageImageImageImage

4/4 - Magic (23-53) @ Bucks (38-38) 8:30PM

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Re: 4/4 - Magic (23-53) @ Bucks (38-38) 8:30PM 

Post#341 » by ezzzp » Sun Apr 5, 2015 8:10 pm

woosah wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Whaaa?? A month into his recovery he wasn't ready to resume basketball activities? Shocker. KD rushing back and making his injury worse is irrelevant, especially since it's common knowledge that Jones fractures take forever to heal and often involve setbacks (not the same injury as AG btw). Also, what does it matter if AG wasn't able to run with ease halfway through his recovery when he was ultimately able to return right on schedule after 2 months.

Excuse me if I don't take that blog's comment about AG admitting "within the last two weeks that he finally feels 100 percent healthy " as some kind of revelation that he couldn't play more than 9-18 mins in a bunch of these games over the last couple months. "Within the last two weeks" does not sound like accurate reporting to me. Maybe if they provided an actual quote about whatever it is they're referring to I'd have a clearer understanding of it. Besides, if he was 100% two weeks ago, he should have received 20+ minutes two weeks ago.

AG finding it difficult to integrate is also not surprising at all... he's a rookie who missed a ton of games, of course it's not going to be easy, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have received more minutes in a lost season, especially in recent weeks, especially when we had so many injuries to guys ahead of him in some games.

If AG being limited for so long after returning makes some of you feel better about his long-term health that's one thing, but none of what you're saying explains borrego's quotes or actions... confirming he's not being limited due to health, playing him 23 minutes immediately after he missed a game due to soreness, 20 minutes in another game last month, scattered minutes in a bunch of other games in between, then as soon as he's called out by media he says AG has to "earn minutes" and then immediately plays him 30 minutes the next game after not having any impact in the previous game?

lol, that isn't reporting. That is blogging. Talk about some Bucher level, Windshorst on Kevin Love level reaching...pretty irresponsible of the writer.

I heard this in two places and neither one painted it with the brush this writer did. Maybe that poster is the writer because i swear some of that sounds mad familiar and is the only one spouting this mess (it is a fan site). Anyway, there is no quote because it came from a broadcaster and he was giving HIS take on AG so this write-up (i won't call it an article) is third hand. The broadcaster was referring to an interview AG gave (coincidentally a couple of weeks ago) and if you watch that you don't get this stretch of a conclusion and he never said "finally" or "100%", the broadcaster used those terms though. (i found another article written for a fan site like this one, who took the same interview and wrote it differently so it's interesting the different takes people get from using the same interview).

LOL you two are ridiculous with this...I'm no fan of Borrego but to keep harping that he is somehow co#k blocking AG from playing time is just UFO conspiracy level dumb. You really think Borrego - who is auditioning for his next job - isn't putting arguably the best defender/athlete on this team on the floor without having a legit reason for it? SMH

The original AG interview, which I couldn't find again - but its out there, Gordon said soreness had been a factor and that had affected everything. Those were words that came directly out of AG's mouth. Woosah you obviously didn't hear the same interview were he specifically uttered those words.

In the Sentinel one from last night, Gordon specifically talks about how difficult it is to re-integrate after missing half the season and how the length of the season has been hard - plus he said how he needs to be able to stay off the trainer's table to be able to progress (aka practice) - obviously alluding that he has been spending time on it. Listen to it.

His lack of minutes have clearly been associated with bringing him back slowly, which affects his conditioning and practice time which affects his ability to integrate...Its pretty obvious that the Magic are strategically managing his time with total physical/psychological recovery in mind...and I back that position 100%.

and your theory that I am the author of Orlando Magic Daily is silly. Phillip Rossman-Reich is a writer based in Orlando that clearly has local access to the Magic...look at my location - I live in Los Angeles.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#342 » by ezzzp » Sun Apr 5, 2015 8:29 pm

Bensational wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
OrlandO wrote:He didn't figure it out... a reporter gave him the idea and he instantly tried it out. Exact same thing Vaughn used to do when the media questioned his decisions.

Nah he hasn't been fully healthy until very recently. In a recent interview a few days ago (can't find the video) Gordon said that he is just now fully healthy

Gordon admitted within the last two weeks that he finally feels 100 percent healthy after fracturing his foot.
http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2015/04/04/patience-may-have-saved-aaron-gordon/

ht.ly/Ld3BR[/url]

I get that, but if that were the case I'd imagine he'd have seen more of an incremental build in minutes, rather than a 9 minute game two weeks ago, and an average of 15mpg for the past 2 months. Dropping him straight into a 30 minute game seems like the sort of thing that will injure him (if that's the real concern).

I'm just happy he's getting minutes finally.

Look at it through the eyes of vested interests: All parties involved need and want him on the floor more than me and you do.

Borego is scrapping for his next job; Hennigan needs to show his pick was not a bad injury prone selection; AG wants to prove himself; ownership + marketing want to be able to sell their new acquisition ...everyone wants him on the floor, but they are correctly being smart about his recovery.

Subtle setbacks happen in injuries, soreness resurfaces...and this does not just involve in game minutes but also practice time...I'm sure the Magic are monitoring all aspects of his recovery very very close and being extra cautious with that injury --- foot injuries if they don't heal properly can destroy a career - especially for a player whose athleticism is his gift.

Nobody more than the Magic organization wants to showcase this gift, this is how they sell seats and merchandise their brand.
MostValuableGM
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#343 » by MostValuableGM » Sun Apr 5, 2015 8:29 pm

What a game from the Orlando Magic. It all came together for one night. The potential of Aaron Gordon as a defensive force and rebounding monster. The pace and control of Payton, the offensive and rebounding prowess of Nickola, and finally Tobias Harris was dominant and Oladipo the closer. I was so impressed. I would love to see more of Mo Harkless as a bench player and Deadmon played well. I can't wait to see who we add in the draft. We can let go of Ben and give Willie a decreased roll. Draft a young pg to back up EP and and another young Big.
ORLANDO MAGIC Basketball
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,550

Post#344 » by AddiFB » Sun Apr 5, 2015 8:47 pm

MostValuableGM wrote:What a game from the Orlando Magic. It all came together for one night. The potential of Aaron Gordon as a defensive force and rebounding monster. The pace and control of Payton, the offensive and rebounding prowess of Nickola, and finally Tobias Harris was dominant and Oladipo the closer. I was so impressed. I would love to see more of Mo Harkless as a bench player and Deadmon played well. I can't wait to see who we add in the draft. We can let go of Ben and give Willie a decreased roll. Draft a young pg to back up EP and and another young Big.

Letting Willie Green disappear, like a magic trick, to somewhere else would really get this board marching down Church St. in a joyful parade. He's without a doubt a fine human being, but he's in our youngsters' way. Ship him to Cleveland?
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#345 » by woosah » Sun Apr 5, 2015 9:03 pm

ezzzp wrote:
woosah wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Whaaa?? A month into his recovery he wasn't ready to resume basketball activities? Shocker. KD rushing back and making his injury worse is irrelevant, especially since it's common knowledge that Jones fractures take forever to heal and often involve setbacks (not the same injury as AG btw). Also, what does it matter if AG wasn't able to run with ease halfway through his recovery when he was ultimately able to return right on schedule after 2 months.

Excuse me if I don't take that blog's comment about AG admitting "within the last two weeks that he finally feels 100 percent healthy " as some kind of revelation that he couldn't play more than 9-18 mins in a bunch of these games over the last couple months. "Within the last two weeks" does not sound like accurate reporting to me. Maybe if they provided an actual quote about whatever it is they're referring to I'd have a clearer understanding of it. Besides, if he was 100% two weeks ago, he should have received 20+ minutes two weeks ago.

AG finding it difficult to integrate is also not surprising at all... he's a rookie who missed a ton of games, of course it's not going to be easy, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have received more minutes in a lost season, especially in recent weeks, especially when we had so many injuries to guys ahead of him in some games.

If AG being limited for so long after returning makes some of you feel better about his long-term health that's one thing, but none of what you're saying explains borrego's quotes or actions... confirming he's not being limited due to health, playing him 23 minutes immediately after he missed a game due to soreness, 20 minutes in another game last month, scattered minutes in a bunch of other games in between, then as soon as he's called out by media he says AG has to "earn minutes" and then immediately plays him 30 minutes the next game after not having any impact in the previous game?

lol, that isn't reporting. That is blogging. Talk about some Bucher level, Windshorst on Kevin Love level reaching...pretty irresponsible of the writer.

I heard this in two places and neither one painted it with the brush this writer did. Maybe that poster is the writer because i swear some of that sounds mad familiar and is the only one spouting this mess (it is a fan site). Anyway, there is no quote because it came from a broadcaster and he was giving HIS take on AG so this write-up (i won't call it an article) is third hand. The broadcaster was referring to an interview AG gave (coincidentally a couple of weeks ago) and if you watch that you don't get this stretch of a conclusion and he never said "finally" or "100%", the broadcaster used those terms though. (i found another article written for a fan site like this one, who took the same interview and wrote it differently so it's interesting the different takes people get from using the same interview).

LOL you two are ridiculous with this...I'm no fan of Borrego but to keep harping that he is somehow co#k blocking AG from playing time is just UFO conspiracy level dumb. You really think Borrego - who is auditioning for his next job - isn't putting arguably the best defender/athlete on this team on the floor without having a legit reason for it? SMH

The original AG interview, which I couldn't find again - but its out there, Gordon said soreness had been a factor and that had affected everything. Those were words that came directly out of AG's mouth. Woosah you obviously didn't hear the same interview were he specifically uttered those words.

In the Sentinel one from last night, Gordon specifically talks about how difficult it is to re-integrate after missing half the season and how the length of the season has been hard - plus he said how he needs to be able to stay off the trainer's table to be able to progress (aka practice) - obviously alluding that he has been spending time on it. Listen to it.

His lack of minutes have clearly been associated with bringing him back slowly, which affects his conditioning and practice time which affects his ability to integrate...Its pretty obvious that the Magic are strategically managing his time with total physical/psychological recovery in mind...and I back that position 100%.

and your theory that I am the author of Orlando Magic Daily is silly. Phillip Rossman-Reich is a writer based in Orlando that clearly has local access to the Magic...look at my location - I live in Los Angeles.

of course it was silly, it was a snooty sarcastic comment :lol:

Mkay, i already know your view as we have discussed before so not gonna go back and forth and i've already stated that i get my view from the coach's repeated statements, which he added to the other night stating that AG had to earn his minutes. I also get my view from AG's comments in his interviews, and i always watch them (all the players) and so i guess i missed this video that cannot be produced or quoted or found. The one i referenced which must not be the one he did talk about missing 31 games...and he repeatedly talks about that, and he was comparing himself to Elfrid and how much time he has played. There are earlier ones where he talks about being in and out and how it's hard to get a rhythm offensively, and he references game time not practice. But you cook tho.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
woosah
RealGM

Re: 4/4 - Magic (23-53) @ Bucks (38-38) 8PM 

Post#346 » by woosah » Sun Apr 5, 2015 9:08 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:Looking at their players and then comparing them to our counterparts, they have a clear advantage.

welp didn't work tho :lol:
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Re: 4/4 - Magic (23-53) @ Bucks (38-38) 8:30PM 

Post#347 » by cedric76 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 9:21 pm

thelead wrote:
seeingstars wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:Best lineup we have is Payton Oladipo AG Tobias Vuc. I still believe Oladipo is a crucial part of our future i just dont have the energy to argue with people about it. I really dont know what to say if you think Fournier should be playing over him.

Agreed! AG and Tobias covering each others weaknesses.... Also Tobias with 3 blocks last night!

Agreed. Tobias playing SF on offense, but guarding PF's while AG gets on the glass as a PF on offense and then guards SF's on defense. It really isn't that hard.

Nope, Crystal clear, but seems difficult for our coaches
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,055

Post#348 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Apr 5, 2015 9:44 pm

So Tobias and Vuc will be our defensive front court? That will not work. We will continue to have one of the weakest defensive front courts in the NBA.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Re: 4/4 - Magic (23-53) @ Bucks (38-38) 8PM 

Post#349 » by Orlwillbeback » Sun Apr 5, 2015 10:02 pm

woosah wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:Looking at their players and then comparing them to our counterparts, they have a clear advantage.

welp didn't work tho :lol:

Yea that team really struggles to score and they had a good defensive gameplan by just forcing us to shoot from the oytside and it worked for harris.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,538

Post#350 » by Bensational » Sun Apr 5, 2015 10:53 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:Best lineup we have is Payton Oladipo AG Tobias Vuc. I still believe Oladipo is a crucial part of our future i just dont have the energy to argue with people about it. I really dont know what to say if you think Fournier should be playing over him.

i'm guessing that's aimed at me since i'm the only one who's mentioned Fournier, but i wasn't suggesting that as a starting lineup, just saying it's a lineup i want to see. i think Oladipo is by far the better player, but i think Fournier is a better fit with a lot more players right now. he's a version of Dipo who doesn't pound the ball for so long, he promotes better ball movement, he hits the 3, moves off the ball. these are all things Dipo can be doing, but he's still trying to figure out how to be a score at will guy, which i get.

Fournier is a glue guy, Dipo is a go to guy, it just happens that they play the same position.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,902

Post#351 » by thelead » Sun Apr 5, 2015 10:57 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:So Tobias and Vuc will be our defensive front court? That will not work. We will continue to have one of the weakest defensive front courts in the NBA.

I'm talking about the present. Hopefully we land Towns, then we're all good.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,110

Post#352 » by KillMonger » Sun Apr 5, 2015 11:05 pm

thelead wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:So Tobias and Vuc will be our defensive front court? That will not work. We will continue to have one of the weakest defensive front courts in the NBA.

I'm talking about the present. Hopefully we land Towns, then we're all good.

Towns and or WCS and we'll be straight......both can be anchors defensively it's just Towns has more potential on the offensive end compared to WCS. Towns to me is a pipe dream, we have more of a chance to not land him than land him, so i feel like Fit wise WCS is the best pick might not be BPA but he is the best fit.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,010

Post#353 » by Last Guardian » Sun Apr 5, 2015 11:17 pm

Loved that dribble around screen and nail a mid-range jumper that Aaron showed. His jumper looked smooth yesterday as opposed to previous games.

But Harris is turning into a sharpshooter it seems...that has to make you think about keeping him around.

As for the WCS comment....I think I flip flopped on him as much as I hate doing that. I just don't think he is any better than Dedmon, who we got while never even being drafted. We do need another Dedmon though...but Henny can probably find one outside of using his potentially top 5 pick.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,397

4/4 - Magic (23-53) @ Bucks (38-38) 8:30PM 

Post#354 » by tooler » Mon Apr 6, 2015 3:10 pm

Watched the rest of this on DVR. Bucks have an identity I wish our team had. They claw and scrape at guys constantly, Zaza with his moving picks on every play, etc. I feel like if you establish that every game the refs start to let you play that way. The Magic need to lay that groundwork.

Anyway, this was one of those games where I looked at the score and was amazed we were only down by 4. Lots of timely shots to keep it close.

Their length is still tough for us. I was impressed they finished most of their fast breaks. Tobias even had a Euro step finish instead of a charge??
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#355 » by ezzzp » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:36 am

woosah wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
woosah wrote:lol, that isn't reporting. That is blogging. Talk about some Bucher level, Windshorst on Kevin Love level reaching...pretty irresponsible of the writer.

Mkay, i already know your view as we have discussed before so not gonna go back and forth and i've already stated that i get my view from the coach's repeated statements, which he added to the other night stating that AG had to earn his minutes. I also get my view from AG's comments in his interviews, and i always watch them (all the players) and so i guess i missed this video that cannot be produced or quoted or found. The one i referenced which must not be the one he did talk about missing 31 games...and he repeatedly talks about that, and he was comparing himself to Elfrid and how much time he has played. There are earlier ones where he talks about being in and out and how it's hard to get a rhythm offensively, and he references game time not practice. But you cook tho.

This is Gordon yet again saying injuries have kept him off the court. This article is on the Magic website authored by the official Magic reporter John Denton in an article written 24 hours ago:

The success in big Magic wins has boosted the spirits of Gordon, who once feared that his rookie season was going to be a washout because of a couple of stops and starts with injuries.

``I’ve just got to keep stringing (solid performances) together and stay away from our trainer’s table,’’ Gordon said of avoiding injuries. ``I just have to stay out there on the court, stay healthy and things will continue to fall in place for me.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/aaron-gordon-looks-man-mission-finish-rookie-season
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,256

Post#356 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Apr 7, 2015 1:20 pm

ezzzp wrote:
woosah wrote:
ezzzp wrote:

This is Gordon yet again saying injuries have kept him off the court. This article is on the Magic website authored by the official Magic reporter John Denton in an article written 24 hours ago:

The success in big Magic wins has boosted the spirits of Gordon, who once feared that his rookie season was going to be a washout because of a couple of stops and starts with injuries.

``I’ve just got to keep stringing (solid performances) together and stay away from our trainer’s table,’’ Gordon said of avoiding injuries. ``I just have to stay out there on the court, stay healthy and things will continue to fall in place for me.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/aaron-gordon-looks-man-mission-finish-rookie-season

I think its pretty obvious that injuries have set Gordon back and that Borrego isn't "holding him back". I think people fail to realize how hard it is for a rookie to integrate healthy let alone missing games due to injury. I fully support Orlando protecting their asset, because if they didn't and he sustains a career altering injury, then we're all talking about how Hennigan drafted an injury prone player when really it would be the result of playing going by the logic of some here, the RealGM, arm chair coach mandated 20+MPG instead of letting him heal.

Newsflash nobody here runs an NBA team, you guys don't know more than an NBA head coach, GM, owner, or trainer. They know what they're doing.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,055

Post#357 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Apr 7, 2015 2:16 pm

Yet he just happens to get back to back 30 minute games in a back to back directly after Borrego gets asked about his minutes for the first time in a post game press conference. Back to back 30 minute games when he'd been previously only getting half that at best. No gradual increase in minutes. Just bam... 60 minutes in 2 nights. That doesn't seem like protecting an injury. That seems like a coach choosing not to play him.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,110

Post#358 » by KillMonger » Tue Apr 7, 2015 4:15 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Yet he just happens to get back to back 30 minute games in a back to back directly after Borrego gets asked about his minutes for the first time in a post game press conference. Back to back 30 minute games when he'd been previously only getting half that at best. No gradual increase in minutes. Just bam... 60 minutes in 2 nights. That doesn't seem like protecting an injury. That seems like a coach choosing not to play him.

And then someone above him put the hammer down on him and told him to play AG. (end scene)
woosah
RealGM

Post#359 » by woosah » Tue Apr 7, 2015 5:12 pm

ezzzp wrote:This is Gordon yet again saying injuries have kept him off the court. This article is on the Magic website authored by the official Magic reporter John Denton in an article written 24 hours ago:

LOL, yes injuries have kept him from playing. DUH. That was never in dispute. What is in dispute is why he hasn't had consistent minutes since feb, and that same article you posted states his injury period as ending in February.
But Gordon – who saw a large chunk of his rookie season wiped out by a fractured bone in the outside of his left foot from November to February – also played a major role in the victories with some stellar play...

Early Feb, when JV confirmed he was back healthy. Then later JB confirmed again when he took over, and he has had up and down minutes.
You and i don't agree. Life goes on. (yes you can have the last word because i can no longer see your posts and i'm done with it.)
Boo.
woosah
RealGM

Post#360 » by woosah » Tue Apr 7, 2015 5:14 pm

Immature Luigi wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Yet he just happens to get back to back 30 minute games in a back to back directly after Borrego gets asked about his minutes for the first time in a post game press conference. Back to back 30 minute games when he'd been previously only getting half that at best. No gradual increase in minutes. Just bam... 60 minutes in 2 nights. That doesn't seem like protecting an injury. That seems like a coach choosing not to play him.

And then someone above him put the hammer down on him and told him to play AG. (end scene)

Exactly, but he can believe what he wants. Free country.
Boo.

Return to Orlando Magic