ImageImageImageImage

my god, it's good to have Evan back

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Re: my god, it's good to have Evan back 

Post#21 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Apr 9, 2015 12:14 pm

Last Guardian wrote:The real question that everyone is thinking is whether or not Evan is better looking than JJ. I am not so sure of this answer.

Evan is better than JJ was at his age.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#22 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Apr 9, 2015 1:19 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:The real question that everyone is thinking is whether or not Evan is better looking than JJ. I am not so sure of this answer.

Evan is better than JJ was at his age.

Evan takes more risks with his fashion and hair. Evan is "edgier" and has the accent.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#23 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Apr 9, 2015 1:20 pm

I think Evan is very good 6th man who can play spot starter minutes. He can be one of the best 6th men in the league.
aka: prorl
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#24 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 1:37 pm

Skin wrote:The real question is.... Who likes him enough to pass on DeAngelo Russell?

NO ONE.

Whoever say's they do should re-evaluate their life.

Drafting Russell could put us in a very good spot in regards to trade assets, and before Fournier is asking for a 10+ mil contract we could trade him for future accommodations. I could seriously see him being on the block draft night if we land Russell, no better time.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#25 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Apr 9, 2015 2:18 pm

How old is Evan? Young enough that nobody should write him off from being a poor, average or potentially great player someday.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#26 » by woosah » Thu Apr 9, 2015 2:30 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:How old is Evan? Young enough that nobody should write him off from being a poor, average or potentially great player someday.

He is young but been playing professionally since 16. Watching that "Magic Stories" epi of Inside the Magic was a trip. He talked about his start and how hard it was because he was on his own so early. Evan's not as young as his age so i don't know if he will grow so much more, but he is skilled and that should translate to a nice nba career.

...and yes he is cuter than JJ. He dresses like a 70's disco dancer.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Scottg247
Pro Prospect
And1: 147

Post#27 » by Scottg247 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 5:27 pm

Beast_Reality wrote:Haters gonna hate, Evan gonna fournicate!

Making this my sig hahahaha
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#28 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:29 pm

woosah wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:How old is Evan? Young enough that nobody should write him off from being a poor, average or potentially great player someday.

He is young but been playing professionally since 16. Watching that "Magic Stories" epi of Inside the Magic was a trip. He talked about his start and how hard it was because he was on his own so early. Evan's not as young as his age so i don't know if he will grow so much more, but he is skilled and that should translate to a nice nba career.

Who cares if he played pro at 16. He is like 22 years old. By the time he hits his prime, he could be a much improved player still.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,352

my god, it's good to have Evan back 

Post#29 » by tooler » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:34 pm

It would be nice if he was already as polished as Mirotic, but you can't have everything. Still loads better than Afflalo.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#30 » by OrlandO » Thu Apr 9, 2015 6:55 pm

Any chance we'll lock him in with an extension this summer or are we looking at another tobias situation?
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#31 » by seeingstars » Thu Apr 9, 2015 7:02 pm

OrlandO wrote:Any chance we'll lock him in with an extension this summer or are we looking at another tobias situation?

Yes please resign him!
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#32 » by seeingstars » Thu Apr 9, 2015 7:04 pm

Bensational wrote:Evan is a glue guy. He's a cluster 8 guy, and that's invaluable. He's not perfect, but he's versatile and his defense is great for his ability. He just sticks to his man.

I hope we can keep him long term. He could become a Turk/JJ hybrid in the future.

I love that comparison
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#33 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 7:04 pm

OrlandO wrote:Any chance we'll lock him in with an extension this summer or are we looking at another tobias situation?

We better lock him up. I love his game and the dynamic he adds to our backcourt rotation.

Anyone remember how he was playing before Vic came back from his training camp injury? Dude was BEASTING. The thing about forming a great team is finding players that know their role and do their best at that role. Evan knows his role on this team and accepts coming off the bench for the team. If he's willing to stay that role with us (as long as he's getting earned mins) then i hope he stays with us forever.
orthoman
Senior
And1: 207

Post#34 » by orthoman » Thu Apr 9, 2015 9:37 pm

I'd rather see Fornier shoot 3's than worthless, medieval catapault-launcher Frye. What a waste of $$ we spent on him.
WE should have resigned Harris already and now were paying Frye millions to launch 3's.
All Frye does is hang out at the 3 point arc and lauch bombs.
Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#35 » by Truth24 » Thu Apr 9, 2015 10:58 pm

I believe Evan is going to be a big part of our bench scoring, he is what we need coming off the bench behind Dipo every night. Hopefully we can add one or two other players that can score off the bench with him, so he doesn't feel forced to put up bad shots like he does from time to time.
FloridaHoosier
Starter
And1: 1,083

Post#36 » by FloridaHoosier » Thu Apr 9, 2015 11:18 pm

woosah wrote:

He's cute and has the french accent going for him, but the clothes are definitely "Euro"....tight jackets, tight pants. I've seen him at some games where I wondered how he was gonna sit down!
"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure." "Try not to suck."
"I don't vibrate at that frequency." ~ Joe Maddon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,452

Post#37 » by Bensational » Thu Apr 9, 2015 11:29 pm

FloridaHoosier wrote:
woosah wrote:

He's cute and has the french accent going for him, but the clothes are definitely "Euro"....tight jackets, tight pants. I've seen him at some games where I wondered how he was gonna sit down!

he has pretty eyes (some might even say 'girly'), but come on now.... JJ is the most handsome man in the NBA. he'd turn Diener gay.
orthoman
Senior
And1: 207

Post#38 » by orthoman » Thu Apr 9, 2015 11:42 pm

I always thought Manute Bol was a handsome dude. :wink:
woosah
RealGM

Post#39 » by woosah » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:32 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
woosah wrote:

Who cares if he played pro at 16. He is like 22 years old. By the time he hits his prime, he could be a much improved player still.

Just saying that to say he has more miles on him than someone else his age who may have went to college, no? Elf has already lost more games this year than his whole college career because of the difference in amount of games, but Evan has been playing a lot of games for a longer period of time. What if he doesn't get significantly better?
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
woosah
RealGM

Post#40 » by woosah » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:41 am

Bensational wrote:
FloridaHoosier wrote:
woosah wrote:...and yes he is cuter than JJ. He dresses like a 70's disco dancer.

he has pretty eyes (some might even say 'girly'), but come on now.... JJ is the most handsome man in the NBA. he'd turn Diener gay.

@Hoosier, yep I thought it was just me!! Him and Elfrid with the skinny jeans...that's what's hot now? :lol:

@Ben, nooooo. I can't take away from JJ he is cute too, but he is more the Hair King. His hair is sculpture...a work of art. Evan is a pretty pretty man (like should be a doll pretty).
Boo.

Return to Orlando Magic