ImageImageImageImage

OT: Moto 360 for cheap!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

OT: Moto 360 for cheap! 

Post#1 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:55 pm

Hey Everyone,

This just worked for me, so wanted to share the wealth with other android users thinking about picking up a Smartwatch. I was never into buying but for free (for me) it was a no brainer.

1) BestBuy currently having a promotion: buy any Android phone and get $100 off Moto 360. I had to go to 2 stores to get this to work because 1 store wouldn't honor it. The key phrase is "ANY ANDROID PHONE". I bought a $40 tmobile prepaid phone (ZTE Zinger) and got the discount. The watch is currently on sale for $180 (leather strap) from $250.

2) If you're a student, bestbuy offers monthly discounts. This month just happens to be $25 off Moto 360 purchase. Sign up with .edu email (I used my wife's) and get the email with coupon to print.

After promotion and discounts, total comes to about $100 (depending on county tax).

3) Verizon Wireless has a promotion to get $100 giftcard if you trade in any working phone. https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/searchresult.php5 You have to answer some simple questions about the device (power on/off? cracks? battery? water damage?) but they'll mail you shipping envelope for you to send them the phone. Taking that $40 phone you just bought, send it in and get $100 verizon wireless giftcard emailed to you.

I was bummed about it being verizon wireless giftcard but figure I can pick up cellphone accessories with the card. They also sell gopro camera, beats headphones, and other neat things you can use the card on. Or, just sell the giftcard for cash (my likely option). Regardless, you can pick up a nice smartwatch for less than $100, and almost free if you go the extra mile.

If you have any bestbuy reward dollars or visa/mastercard giftcards, can also apply that to the purchase. I just paid $54 for phone and watch and waiting to get verizon giftcard. Hope someone gets to take advantage of this fantastic deal. Best Buy promotion ends on the 18th. There will likely be a newer watch available by fall with updated hardware, but this price.....who cares.

Good luck.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: OT: Moto 360 for cheap! 

Post#2 » by OrlandO » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Don't forget to download this watch face...

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#3 » by OrlandO » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:44 pm

Are you sure it's a $100 gift card for every phone? Carriers are usually pretty picky about assessing values for each model. Sometimes they'll offer a good deal for a crappy phone but it's only if you buy a new phone on contract from them. I tried typing in some old smartphone models into the appraisal site you linked and it gave me "Your maximum device recycle value: $7.00". :lol: . Is there a promotion page that says $100?

edit: I am guessing you just bought a verizon droid trubo or a similar new device from them and that's why you got $100 back for turning in the cheap phone.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#4 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:08 pm

I bought a ZTE Zinger (tmobile prepaid) and the appraisal payout amount $100. I'm also sending in my wife's old Galaxy S3 for another $100. Of course it depends on the phone, but the 2 phones I'm doing it for say I'll be getting $100 each.

Return to Orlando Magic