ImageImageImageImage

2015 Draft: Prospect Tracker (Part 2)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

2015 Draft: Prospect Tracker (Part 2) 

Post#1 » by Devin 1L » Sat May 30, 2015 5:40 pm

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,728

Re: 2015 Draft: Prospect Tracker (Part 2) 

Post#2 » by thelead » Sat May 30, 2015 6:04 pm

You SOB! JK... sort of... I put together a long ass post in reply to Patrick1978 and when I went to submit it, the topic was locked and my post was gone....

Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#3 » by Truth24 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:23 pm

I think I have narrowed my five want list, any of these guys I would be more than happy to have on the team.

1. Stanley Johnson, Arizona
2. Mario Hezonja, Barcelona
3. Myles Turner, Texas
4. Kristaps Porzingis, Sevilla
5. Bobby Portis (Arkansas), Trey Lyles (Kentucky), or Frank Kaminsky (Wisconsin)
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#4 » by Skin » Sat May 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Truth24 wrote:I think I have narrowed my five want list, any of these guys I would be more than happy to have on the team.

3. Myles Turner, Texas
5. Bobby Portis (Arkansas), Trey Lyles (Kentucky), or Frank Kaminsky (Wisconsin)

SJ or Hez wouldn't start for us. I'm fine adding SF depth, but I'd rather sign KJ McDaniels who can play multiple positions and save the pick for a big man that we desperately need.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#5 » by Devin 1L » Sat May 30, 2015 6:46 pm

thelead wrote:You SOB! JK... sort of... I put together a long ass post in reply to Patrick1978 and when I went to submit it, the topic was locked and my post was gone....

Sorry!

What browser do you use? With Chrome, I've hit the back button before and the stuff that I'd typed was still there. That said, after having been burnt in the past on a long reply, I just instinctively Ctrl+C before submitting.
Truth24
Starter

Post#6 » by Truth24 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Skin wrote:
Truth24 wrote:I think I have narrowed my five want list, any of these guys I would be more than happy to have on the team.

3. Myles Turner, Texas

SJ or Hez wouldn't start for us. I'm fine adding SF depth, but I'd rather sign KJ McDaniels who can play multiple positions and save the pick for a big man that we desperately need.

Nobody we draft is going to start for us.
thelead
RealGM

Post#7 » by thelead » Sat May 30, 2015 7:30 pm

Truth24 wrote:
Skin wrote:

3. Myles Turner, Texas

Sadly, this is the truth.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Post#8 » by cedric76 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:40 pm

thelead wrote:
Truth24 wrote:
Skin wrote:SJ or Hez wouldn't start for us. I'm fine adding SF depth, but I'd rather sign KJ McDaniels who can play multiple positions and save the pick for a big man that we desperately need.

actually this is great, it means that we have good players

so best take someone that could become a great starter

Turner
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
thelead
RealGM

Post#9 » by thelead » Sat May 30, 2015 8:06 pm

cedric76 wrote:
thelead wrote:
Truth24 wrote:

Turner

no... it means we sucked but not enough to draft a guy worth starting his rookie year. Most of the guys going from 5-12 will not start next year because they're not great prospects... not because their teams can't use a good starter.
thelead
RealGM

Post#10 » by thelead » Sat May 30, 2015 8:11 pm

Devin 1L wrote:
thelead wrote:You SOB! JK... sort of... I put together a long ass post in reply to Patrick1978 and when I went to submit it, the topic was locked and my post was gone....

Sorry!

What browser do you use? With Chrome, I've hit the back button before and the stuff that I'd typed was still there. That said, after having been burnt in the past on a long reply, I just instinctively Ctrl+C before submitting.

I usually copy when posting from my iPad but I was on my desktop... using chrome... but since it was locked when I pressed back it refreshed the last page for some reason. Oh well.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#11 » by magicman123 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:19 pm

cedric76 wrote:
thelead wrote:
Truth24 wrote:

Turner

or the draft isn't that good, either way we should end up with a solid player, maybe one that will turn into a starter down the road
German Magican
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#12 » by German Magican » Sat May 30, 2015 8:25 pm

In my opinion the draft depends on our plan in the free agency, if we don't want to resign Harris, we have to pick Winslow, if we don't resign O'Quinn WCS would be a good fit for our Front Court, if we pick up an Starting PF we could use Dedmon as Vuc's Back-Up and sign Mudinay for a great backcourt for years with Elf, Dipo, Fournier and him, my preferred plan if he's on the board
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#13 » by Patrick1978 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Skin wrote:

3. Myles Turner, Texas

Agreed 100% :nod:
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#14 » by seeingstars » Sat May 30, 2015 9:57 pm

:evil:
German Magican wrote:In my opinion the draft depends on our plan in the free agency, if we don't want to resign Harris, we have to pick Winslow, if we don't resign O'Quinn WCS would be a good fit for our Front Court, if we pick up an Starting PF we could use Dedmon as Vuc's Back-Up and sign Mudinay for a great backcourt for years with Elf, Dipo, Fournier and him, my preferred plan if he's on the board

I'm also really warm to drafting Mudiay if he slips.

My 3

WCS
Myles Turner
Mudiay

These are my top 3 that are attainable.
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Skin
RealGM

Post#15 » by Skin » Sat May 30, 2015 10:22 pm

Truth24 wrote:
Skin wrote:

3. Myles Turner, Texas

I'm not just talking about the start of next season. I'm talking about being the future starter at the position. CERTAINLY, there is a chance that we could find our future starting PF without disrupting our team chemistry. Nobody currently on the team is locked in there. At SF, Harris and Gordon are locked in for a lot of playing time. Even without Harris, Gordon would be the man. Adding another Top 5 pick type talent at the position would create bad chemistry. Especially Herzonja who is known for having a bad team attitude. I don't think that's what this team needs.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#16 » by Magic#1 » Sat May 30, 2015 10:25 pm

3. Myles Turner, Texas

You would take Lyles and Kaminsky over WCS and Winslow?
Skin
RealGM

Post#17 » by Skin » Sat May 30, 2015 10:27 pm

German Magican wrote:In my opinion the draft depends on our plan in the free agency, if we don't want to resign Harris, we have to pick Winslow, if we don't resign O'Quinn WCS would be a good fit for our Front Court, if we pick up an Starting PF we could use Dedmon as Vuc's Back-Up and sign Mudinay for a great backcourt for years with Elf, Dipo, Fournier and him, my preferred plan if he's on the board

The draft happens before FA. But even then, I don't think we HAVE TO draft Winslow if the plan is to let Harris go. Gordon can do everything Winslow can do. For more SF depth, gimme KJ McDaniels in FA. The ability to fill PF in FA will be much more difficult than SF.
Truth24
Starter

Post#18 » by Truth24 » Sat May 30, 2015 10:37 pm

Skin wrote:
Truth24 wrote:
Skin wrote:SJ or Hez wouldn't start for us. I'm fine adding SF depth, but I'd rather sign KJ McDaniels who can play multiple positions and save the pick for a big man that we desperately need.

I'm not just talking about the start of next season. I'm talking about being the future starter at the position. CERTAINLY, there is a chance that we could find our future starting PF without disrupting our team chemistry. Nobody currently on the team is locked in there. At SF, Harris and Gordon are locked in for a lot of playing time. Even without Harris, Gordon would be the man. Adding another Top 5 pick type talent at the position would create bad chemistry. Especially Herzonja who is known for having a bad team attitude. I don't think that's what this team needs.

It just depends if we keep Harris, I don't think drafting a PF would be any different from drafting a SF at this point because the starting lineup would be Elf-Dipo-AG-Tobes-Vuc. So drafting a PF or SF really wouldn't matter cause they are going to come off the bench and provide us with a nice rotation. I don't think adding a SJ or Hezonja would create bad chemistry just because they would play a back up role.
Truth24
Starter

Post#19 » by Truth24 » Sat May 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Magic#1 wrote:

3. Myles Turner, Texas

You would take Lyles and Kaminsky over WCS and Winslow?

If we are going the PF route I would take Lyles and Kaminsky over WCS and if we are going the wing route I'm taking Stan and Hezonja over Winslow.
Skin
RealGM

Post#20 » by Skin » Sat May 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Truth24 wrote:
Skin wrote:
Truth24 wrote:

It just depends if we keep Harris, I don't think drafting a PF would be any different from drafting a SF at this point because the starting lineup would be Elf-Dipo-AG-Tobes-Vuc. So drafting a PF or SF really wouldn't matter cause they are going to come off the bench and provide us with a nice rotation. I don't think adding a SJ or Hezonja would create bad chemistry just because they would play a back up role.

If we keep Harris, he's only playing PF in small ball. Otherwise, he's our starting SF and Gordon will have to battle him if he wants to be the starter. Adding Winston, SJ or Hez creates a messy chemistry issue. 2 top 5 picks fighting for a spot that's taken up by Harris is a bad set up. Heck, 2 top 5 picks fighting for the same spot alone is a bad set up.

Drafting a PF is totally different. Harris is only a small ball PF. Same with Gordon. Frye is a role playing veteran. Nicholson is holding on by a thread. There is a huge opportunity for a Top 5 pick to step in and be the future and the team wouldn't have 2 top 5 picks fighting for 1 spot like it would be if we drafted a SF.

Return to Orlando Magic