ImageImageImageImage

2015 NBA Draft Eve - Final Declarations

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Stoffel
Freshman
And1: 10

Re: 2015 NBA Draft Eve - Final Declarations 

Post#61 » by Stoffel » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Prediction: Winslow

Want: KP

Final thoughts: I think Gordon is our future SF and not a PF. So Rob should pick a PF in Porzingis. I think he could be the Star of the Draft (next to Towns).

But I see Rob picks Winslow. He has a high ceiling and what I heard a good charactere.
Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#62 » by Baka_La Flame » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Seems like everyone is predicting Winslow/Porzingis... which makes me think it's going to be Hezonja or WCS. I want Winslow tho. No Justice No Peace
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,827

Post#63 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:51 pm

Prediction : Winslow

Want : KAT ( lol )

Henny has always done good in the draft. So if ever ( knock on wood ) we draft Kaminsky or Dekker, I'd still probably give him the benefit of the doubt.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#64 » by InFlames » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Orlandipo wrote:Seems like everyone is predicting Winslow/Porzingis... which makes me think it's going to be Hezonja or WCS. I want Winslow tho. No Justice No Peace

Won't be WCS. His ankle has been flagged.
Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#65 » by Baka_La Flame » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 pm

InFlames wrote:
Orlandipo wrote:Seems like everyone is predicting Winslow/Porzingis... which makes me think it's going to be Hezonja or WCS. I want Winslow tho. No Justice No Peace

The Pacers have a hard on for WCS. While you can't exactly make up an injury report yoy can play it up a bit and that's what I think is happening in this situation. No way he falls outside the top 10 imo
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#66 » by InFlames » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Orlandipo wrote:
InFlames wrote:

The Pacers have a hard on for WCS. While you can't exactly make up an injury report yoy can play it up a bit and that's what I think is happening in this situation. No way he falls outside the top 10 imo

True.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#67 » by npiper17 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Prediction: Porzingis

Want: Hezonja

Final thought: I have a funny feeling that after all the talk about teams looking to trade up / down / out / into the draft, everyone's going to pick around where they currently are and the draft will go to an approximate Draft Express-esque form.

Hope I'm wrong though as I love me a good trade or two :-)
recko321
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

2015 NBA Draft Eve - Final Declarations 

Post#68 » by recko321 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Prediction: Mario
Want: Porzingas

Final thoughts: I highly doubt porzingas is there at 5 and with the addition of skiles I think we will be much better this upcoming season, so we swing for the fences and go with the guy with the highest upside in porzingas. If not we take Mario and let the Croatian Kobe ball the eff out.
What I would really really want if porzingas is gone is to trade back with Denver. We take mudiay with 5 they take Mario with 7 and we swap and take back faried. I know some of you are against him but a line up of
Payton/jameer :)
Dipo/Fournier
Harris/Mario/harkless
Faried/Gordon
Vuc/Desmond

Deep team.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#69 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:46 pm

Nemesis21

Prediction: WCS
Want: KAT
Final thought: Please no Porzingis or Henzonja
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#70 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:16 pm

Not even excited about this draft like I was last season. I just wan't to get it over with. If we draft WCS some excitement will return. Porzingis would be interesting at least. Everybody else is just... meh. Hezonja seems like a dick and I don't see him getting along with our players. He'd probably be the only guy I'd be disappointed in getting. Him and Mudiay I guess.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,011

Post#71 » by KillMonger » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:23 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Not even excited about this draft like I was last season. I just wan't to get it over with. If we draft WCS some excitement will return. Porzingis would be interesting at least. Everybody else is just... meh. Hezonja seems like a dick and I don't see him getting along with our players. He'd probably be the only guy I'd be disappointed in getting. Him and Mudiay I guess.

alright man, this is a bit much dude you don't even know him
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#72 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Immature Luigi wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:Not even excited about this draft like I was last season. I just wan't to get it over with. If we draft WCS some excitement will return. Porzingis would be interesting at least. Everybody else is just... meh. Hezonja seems like a dick and I don't see him getting along with our players. He'd probably be the only guy I'd be disappointed in getting. Him and Mudiay I guess.

My opinion from his quotes is that he seems like a dick.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Mustinjo
Junior
And1: 239

Post#73 » by Mustinjo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3amrkw/rappaporthezonja_claims_hes_best_player_in_draft/

Read the top rated comment please.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#74 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:35 pm

Mustinjo wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:alright man, this is a bit much dude you don't even know him

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3amrkw/rappaporthezonja_claims_hes_best_player_in_draft/

Read the top rated comment please.

Let me live people. I don't care what this one guy says. Who's to say he's not biased as ****? Right now to me he seems like a dick. I reserve the right to change that opinion on my own as I hear from him myself. Relax and move on.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#75 » by j-ragg » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:38 pm

Hezonja's attitude is a huge question mark. I wouldn't doubt it one bit, maybe he has matured though.

Predict - KP/Winslow/Mario in that order.

Want - KP

Thoughts - really I'd be happy with anyone except WCS. If we didn't have our 7 foot jump shooting machine then I'd be fine to plug WCS in the middle, just don't think he's good enough to ever warrant a top 5 pick. Who knows.

Oh and in Rob we trust.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,011

Post#76 » by KillMonger » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:44 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:

well fine but you got to do more research man, go a little deeper.....you got the read the stuff where he's asking the Vets questions on how to be better, you got the read the stuff where his own teammates are saying he's first in the gym last one to leave......you got the read the stuff where when there isn't people to practice with he sets up chairs and cones to better himself, it's obvious he takes his craft seriously and he's passionate about it but....yeah....he seems like a dick, i'll let you live man it is your opinion.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,140

Post#77 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:46 pm

This guy is staying in Europe and skipping the NBA draft because of practice, practice man. He doesn't have attitude issues. He's just confident.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#78 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:51 pm

Prediction: KP (if on the board), Winslow (if KP is off the board)

Want: Winslow. I've come around on Porzingis but not sure if he will be there

Thoughts: if KP is taken I think Winslow is Rob's guy. Fits the hennigan criteria.. Defensive minded, athletic, team player/character, hard worker, and a mediocre jump shot. High floor with a decent ceiling, has some Jimmy Butler potential. Questions about size but I'm confident he will guard wings that play either position.. Probably can't guard Durant but who can? Not a perfect fit on this roster but the fit vs bpa debate will never be settled, there are a lot of fluid pieces on this team that may not be in Orlando in a few years.

I think Mudiay gets passed upon by Magic brass. TBH there are a lot of guys in play at #5: Porzingis, Winslow, mudiay, hezonja all would not surprise me. There are some good trade down prospects too: Turner, WCS, Stan Johnson. This draft has me stumped! Rob's going to have to earn his Money this draft
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,149

Post#79 » by Def Swami » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:53 pm

I really don't mind if a guy is a cocky dick (pun intended) so long as he can back it up with his play.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#80 » by spinedoc » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:02 am

Prediction: Winslow
Want: Winslow

If Henny gets a sweet deal to trade down, maybe to 10 for Chalmers and Birdman in a salary dump for example, and after they take WCS for us, then I can see us being movers. He did something similar last year. Henny isn't locked in to being a chalk kind of guy, I think he keeps his options open.

Return to Orlando Magic