ImageImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon sighting?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Re: Aaron Gordon sighting? 

Post#41 » by seeingstars » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:14 pm

SOUL wrote:6v6 basketball, david silver get on it plz

For real man!
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#42 » by OrlandO » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:15 pm

SOUL wrote:6v6 basketball, david silver get on it plz

You mean Adam Stern?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,628

Post#43 » by SOUL » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:15 pm

adam silver. dunno what i combined the names lol
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#44 » by ivDT » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:22 am

seeingstars wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:
seeingstars wrote:We're going to end up trading Dipo and Harris by the trade deadline for Nerlens Noel, picks, and salary trade fluff. I just have a feeling Hezonja will be best at 2 where his height makes a difference and Aaron will be a 3 where he'll be able to terrorize on D all around the perimeter & the key and Noel would help on weak side. Just s gut feeling, probably indigestion.

Hezonja will be fine he can play both 2 and 3 and dipo isn't going anywhere he and payton are the future man, maybe some Alka-Seltzer will help with that indigestion.

I love our team and our options. Really wish we could start 6 players. If Hezonja and Gordon are both 3s , who comes off the bench in 2 years.

honestly, i think it'll be end up being vic that comes off the bench. imo, a 2/3 tandem of hezonja and gordon is a lot sexier (a grown man doesn't need to say "no homo") than vic and hezonja.

where you went wrong was in suggesting that we trade the guy. in my house, you get beat with the buckle-end of the belt for that.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#45 » by seeingstars » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:56 am

ivDT wrote:
seeingstars wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:Hezonja will be fine he can play both 2 and 3 and dipo isn't going anywhere he and payton are the future man, maybe some Alka-Seltzer will help with that indigestion.

I love our team and our options. Really wish we could start 6 players. If Hezonja and Gordon are both 3s , who comes off the bench in 2 years.

honestly, i think it'll be end up being vic that comes off the bench. imo, a 2/3 tandem of hezonja and gordon is a lot sexier (a grown man doesn't need to say "no homo") than vic and hezonja.

where you went wrong was in suggesting that we trade the guy. in my house, you get beat with the buckle-end of the belt for that.

:lol: I'm not suggesting we do it, as a matter of fact I'm fearful of trading any of our young core. Merely stating what came to mind after debate about Gordons position. I guess I need to stop worrying about starters minutes and egos and trust these guys will all do what's best for the team in order to win.
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
jaydilla
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#46 » by jaydilla » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:05 am

SOUL wrote:david silver get on it plz

orlandomike
Starter
And1: 53

Post#47 » by orlandomike » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:37 pm

ivDT wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:AG is a 3/4 Henny pretty much said it himself...

whatever. you're also missing the point. i think he's best suited to the 3, but even i don't disagree with the idea that we can play him at either forward spots. i just can't go along with this idea that he needs to be 240~245 pounds like so many people seem to think.

AG is incredibly versatile i've watched him guard point guards pretty well all the way up to Power forwards he's the real deal defensively. Offensively he has the tools he just has to put it together, AG doesn't have to be this big hulking guy to play the PF position he just has to be strong and disciplined defensively plus there really isn't that many "back to the basket" pf's these days anyway.

agreed. so, why then the need to put on another 20 pounds like so many others have suggested? 20 more pounds puts him right around the league average for a power forward. why is that necessary? how is it even a good idea?

aaron's length and athleticism already makes him versatile enough to defend positions beyond his ideal position at the 3. the 3, by the way, being the position where he has the most potential to become an elite defender. (tell me if that's too controversial or "trolling".)

anything that might even slightly jeopardize this should be a non-starter. you don't blow your chance at having a player like that on your roster just so you can _maybe_ turn him into the latest cutesy gimmick forward ala draymond green or whomever. especially when it makes no sense for how you team is currently constructed. last i checked, draymond plays next to andrew bogut and festus ezeli. where are the players like that on our roster?

If he was an outside shooter his weight wouldn't be an issue. As long as he isn't he is an inside player offensively, and will get banged around, and though 20 pounds might not be easy to put on, he was only 19 and still naturally will grow out before his body type is established.
My 2 cents is worth 5 cents.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#48 » by ivDT » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:00 pm

not being an outside shooter doesn't mean you should be playing a power position, though. you might just as well have made bruce bowen a power forward--he was, after all, the same height as draymond...--given how awful his outside game was earlier in his career.

call me crazy, but i think being a bad outside shooter might mean that you just need to work on your jump shot.

Return to Orlando Magic