ImageImageImageImage

LaMarcus Aldridge to Orlando? Let's get it done!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Mule Tears
Starter
And1: 216

Re: LaMarcus Aldridge to Orlando? Let's get it done! 

Post#41 » by Mule Tears » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:30 am

29 is old?
The Future Has Arrived: Paolo Banchero is coming to Orlando!
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#42 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:38 am

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
ivDT wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:My god how does this make any sense? U agree its a long shot but it's all henny fault if it doesn't get done ???

yeah, but he's like paid millions of dollars to be a genius.

Damn man he might be smart doesn't mean he can do magic

But...but..but...he's paid to be a genius! He can convince a guy that should have 0 interest in coming to Orlando to sign a contract for less money than he could earn in a better situation! Genius!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#43 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:45 am

The chances of Aldridge to Orlando is about slim to none. He has been on a bottom feeding team his whole career. He wants to contend and the Spurs or New York are the places he can do that, not the Magic.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,620

Post#44 » by SOUL » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:00 am

There is no way LMA turns Carmelo and nothingness into a contender.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#45 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:03 am

SOUL wrote:There is no way LMA turns Carmelo and nothingness into a contender.

Better with Melo than Orlando. If they got Aldridge, they could lure other cheaper FA's. I bet they could still be a deep playoff team and endorsements would flow for him. Anyways, he is going to the Spurs, so why argue.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,040

Post#46 » by dsg2021 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:14 am

OrlandO wrote:
dsg2021 wrote:
OrlandO wrote:It was exactly the same the previous season, too.

You are shoehorning him too negatively OrlandO

He shoots a 2P FG about 90% of the time, at .475 last season and about .490 on the career. The FG% of the ranges he loves to shoot at, compared to the league average FG% of those areas, shows he is actually above average, on a slightly down season, and with the offensive weight on himself to score 23+ PPG. That's really good in that light.

Did you read my full comment or just stop after the first sentence about LMA? You seem to think I'm taking a shot at LMA. I am not. I did not give my opinion on whether I think LMA's game is good or not. My point is about the mentality of some of the fans here about his style, which is heavily reliant on jumpers, and using how Vuc is treated as a reference. There is a group on this board that constantly rips into Vuc for supposedly relying too much on his jumper even though he's above average at it AND most of his FGA are actually in the paint. Just pointing out that group would absolutely hate LMA's offense, even if they don't realize it yet, because he takes even more jumpers at less efficiency than Vuc.

Yea, I see your point now. I can understand that. I don't remember too many fellow posters here complaining about Vuc's number of jumpers tho? I read here a lot but maybe I missed these complaints? People can't be knocking an efficient 2 point shot I hope, Vuc has hit plenty of those in clutch moments to save the team.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,253

Post#47 » by eyriq » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:15 am

Vucevic and Aldridge have very similar games. Aldridge has the advantage in athleticism while Vucevic in size.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,040

Post#48 » by dsg2021 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:16 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:

Better with Melo than Orlando. If they got Aldridge, they could lure other cheaper FA's. I bet they could still be a deep playoff team and endorsements would flow for him. Anyways, he is going to the Spurs, so why argue.

No way BMP, I agree with you often here, but not here. Melo & nothing + LMA is not anywhere near better than our talented full squad (1 season more experienced no less) + LMA.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#49 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:17 am

He'll be going to the Spurs.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#50 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:29 am

NEM wrote:Old? He's in his prime and his game is very fundamental and low to the ground. I can easily see him being an all star into his late 30's. By that time our young players will all be in their prime. It would be a perfect storm.

That is a very good point. LMA (and Vuc, for that matter) has a very sustainable game. Not built on athleticsm. Built on fundamentals, great footwork.
wowski
Pro Prospect
And1: 592

Post#51 » by wowski » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:44 am

This is the age of team ups and super teams. No way Aldridge comes here with our current roster. Unless we're talking about Carmelo of course where having a decent team won't really matter. And even then, we're not NY or LA.

Our best chance for a superstar coming here is Oladipo morphing into a 23 5 and 5 player next season, then we'll be at least attractive. We also have Hezonja but it will be 3-4 more years (Fingers crossed here. I really think he has "it")

^^
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#52 » by OrlandoDream » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:51 am

It would be a dream come true, but its not gonna happen. He wants to win now and despite being in the competitive western conference, his best shot would be to join the Spurs. I see him there next year.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#53 » by SD2042 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:52 am

Max Power wrote:Got to agree, LMA isn't coming to the Magic, love the enthusiasm and I'd love him to play here. Aldridge is at that point in his career where he wants to win a championship, the Spurs, despite losing to the Clips this year, are his best shot.

I still find it incredibly strange how the Magic are building, it's almost backwards. Get 4 starting quality guys and a bench, then worry about a superstar later.

I have a feeling we're going all in on recruiting Kevin Durant next summer.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

That would be cool if this team somehow landed KD. He'll only be what 27 or 28 by next summer.

As for Aldridge as a Magician, as much as I respect him and his game, it's only wishful thinking. LMA has been the playoffs and has only been to the second round twice and has not gone beyond that to this point in his career. Coming here with all due respect, would be a backwards move. We're a few moves away from becoming a playoff team and establishing our identity. LMA wants more than that and he deserves such.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,013

Post#54 » by KillMonger » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:56 am

if i was him at this point i'll look at my career and say i'm 29 and i made a lot of money, i want the glory now. Would love to get someone like him here but it's just logical that someone like him would want to spend the rest of his career competing.
Edual
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#55 » by Edual » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:09 am

what does aldridge do better than vuc? take more shots ?
gumbyr24
Senior
And1: 443

Post#56 » by gumbyr24 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:11 am

Elf - Vic
Vic - Hezonja/Fournier
Tobias - Hezonja/Fournier - Gordon
Aldridge - Gordon
Dedmon - O'Quinn

Flip Vuc for best package available.. SAC is ready to make some more stupid moves. WCS + Stauskis + picks
Would be nice.
magicfan217
Lead Assistant
And1: 985

LaMarcus Aldridge to Orlando? Let's get it done! 

Post#57 » by magicfan217 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:25 am

Did anyone read the entire OP?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#58 » by ralphie9898 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:56 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:The chances of Aldridge to Orlando is about slim to none. He has been on a bottom feeding team his whole career. He wants to contend and the Spurs or New York are the places he can do that, not the Magic.

Portland hasn't been a bottom feeding team lately and I doubt if he goes to new York he makes them into a contender. That team with him even in the east might get into the playoffs but I don't think they would be much of a threat in the playoffs. I think the best hope for the Knicks is getting Gasol which I doubt happens either. NY looks like a mess and there is noise that Carmelo wants out. We know he isn't happy. A trade is tough so he likely stays but I think a Carmelo and Aldridge pairing would be more hype than actual substance.

But yeah I agree that Aldridge coming here is slim to none. Not that I would want him as I think he is close to be an aging and declining player that isn't a great fit with our young team.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#59 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:18 pm

dsg2021 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

No way BMP, I agree with you often here, but not here. Melo & nothing + LMA is not anywhere near better than our talented full squad (1 season more experienced no less) + LMA.

Nobody can say Aldridge would be better in Orlando than San Antonio with Pop.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#60 » by KingRobb02 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:22 pm

OrlandO wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:
OrlandO wrote:73% of his shots were jumpers last year... and he shot below 40% on those. With how much hate Vuc gets for taking less jumpers more efficiently, people would turn on LMA so fast here...

Well he did play with a **** up hand for much of a season. Easily could have shut it down, but kept playing instead.

I'd be shocked if he even considered coming here. The Texas teams are going hard at him.

It was exactly the same the previous season, too.

Most people see that he's an all-star and stop there. He isn't what this team needs. He is a jump shooter who doesn't protect the rim and isn't a great rebounder. Not really needed here.

Return to Orlando Magic