ImageImageImageImage

Mario Hezonja buyout complete. He is on his way

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Duradero
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Re: Mario Hezonja buyout complete. He is on his way 

Post#41 » by Duradero » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:33 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:
basketballRob wrote:it might take a couple days to get used to the time difference, he loses 8 or 9 hours.

6. Coming from Barcelona.

Adjustment time won't be too bad. A day, two tops.

Is he taking a fighter jet over?
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#42 » by NEM » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:45 am

He only loses 6 hour. I came back from Italy last month and my travel was 26 hours (never going through canada again, but that's another story) and it took me about 2 days to get used to it. Considering he's probably flying direct, he won't be as jet lagged/tired. Shouldn't take him more than a day or two to get used to the time difference. The best for him would be to fly at 9 am. He'd get in at MCO around 10:30 and he would be feeling like its 4:30. This way he's used to it by the next day.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,551

Post#43 » by AddiFB » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Yes the difference is 6 hours and he won't take long to adjust to it. Been to Florida 3 times and the difference has been 5 hours for me, and it was actually quite nice. Woke up at 1PM my time, but very early US time :D so a full day, yet fully rested.
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,610

Post#44 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:46 pm

If he gets off the plane at 2pm, then he should be good enough for a beer and a shot by 3pm.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,458

Post#45 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:47 pm

Anyone know what time he arrives and has his exact itinerary?
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#46 » by MrTwister » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:48 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:If he gets off the plane at 2pm, then he should be good enough for a beer and a shot by 3pm.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MarcMundet78/status/615855787697664000[/tweet]

In case somebody would like to count time he needs to be good enough for beer and a shot :D
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,400

Post#47 » by tooler » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:53 pm

Cool. Someone had mentioned Wednesday. Maybe we'll see a press conference that day instead.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#48 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:58 pm

MrTwister wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:If he gets off the plane at 2pm, then he should be good enough for a beer and a shot by 3pm.

In case somebody would like to count time he needs to be good enough for beer and a shot :D

He might as well drink now while on the plane over international waters, because he will be too young to drink in the states, legally!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MrTwister
Sixth Man

Post#49 » by MrTwister » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:02 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
MrTwister wrote:

He might as well drink now while on the plane over international waters, because he will be too young to drink in the states, legally!

Mario doesn't drink or smoke.But bar is much lower over here, when we talk about alcohol.Most guys have their first beer in age of 15, some even earlier.By 21 you can be full raged alcoholic :D
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#50 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:13 pm

MrTwister wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
MrTwister wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/MarcMundet78/status/615855787697664000[/tweet]

Mario doesn't drink or smoke.But bar is much lower over here, when we talk about alcohol.Most guys have their first beer in age of 15, some even earlier.By 21 you can be full raged alcoholic :D

Back in 2009 during his best season, Hedo Turkoglu used to smoke up to a pack a day and eat mad pizza. There are many things people don't know about our players.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,044

Post#51 » by fendilim » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:27 pm

CraZyPraiZ wrote:Yes. Thanks for the info. No more worrying about if and when he was coming. Wish we could keep him out of playing for his country so he can be rested for this upcoming season.

Well, honestly, I'd rather have him play FIBA than Summer League, so I'm fine with him playing FIBA Europe. I think it would help his development.
MrTwister
Sixth Man

Post#52 » by MrTwister » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:39 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
MrTwister wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Back in 2009 during his best season, Hedo Turkoglu used to smoke up to a pack a day and eat mad pizza. There are many things people don't know about our players.

I actually heard about it(Hedo).I know a lot of players(mostly soccer) which enjoy drinking and smoking almost every day.Like Andrea Pirlo, guy smokes 2 packs a day, drinks wine in his free time, and still had time to be one of the most briliant midfielders in the world.

One of the first euro players to play in NBA, Zarko Paspalj(who spent i think just one season in NBA before returning) shared his experience with Greg Popovich.He said he enjoyed Pizza Hut, how David Robinson used to bring him along to team dinners, how he came there, didn't know the language, how Larry Brown prefered Sean Elliott over him even he played poorly etc., how he lived for 3 months with Pop and his family, but was passionate smoker and Pop wanted him to stop.So Pop brought him to some guy in NY, he was told he can make people quit smoking.So he left him there to complete some weird ritual that was supposed to make him quit, as if make him find cigarette smoke disgusting.Zarko saw it was some kind of scam and just finished it off and when he met Pop outside, told him everything is fine, its gonna be ok and they split in 2 separate cabs to hotel.Pop was "happiest he ever seen him" that he was "cured".Once Pop arrived, he waited for Paspalj infront of a hotel only to find him getting out of a cab with a cigarette between his fingers :D He said he genuinely felt bad for him after he saw disappointment that he really tried to quit but he failed.

Anyway, I think Mario is probably coming tomorrow to Orlando as told, not today since flight is via Frankfurt
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#53 » by Rick Rolled » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:41 pm

fendilim wrote:
CraZyPraiZ wrote:Yes. Thanks for the info. No more worrying about if and when he was coming. Wish we could keep him out of playing for his country so he can be rested for this upcoming season.

Well, honestly, I'd rather have him play FIBA than Summer League, so I'm fine with him playing FIBA Europe. I think it would help his development.

I initially thought the same thing, although it looks like Croatia has a bunch of solid vets on their national team (this is via Wikipedia, which obviously isn't a great source, maybe the roster looks different now).... Mario probably wouldn't get much run there either due to the whole unspoken European hierarchy thing that most of these international teams go by. (Vets play over the young guys no matter what).
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#54 » by OrlDave » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:47 pm

Rick Rolled wrote:
fendilim wrote:

I initially thought the same thing, although it looks like Croatia has a bunch of solid vets on their national team (this is via Wikipedia, which obviously isn't a great source, maybe the roster looks different now).... Mario probably wouldn't get much run there either due to the whole unspoken European hierarchy thing that most of these international teams go by. (Vets play over the young guys no matter what).

And we complain that guys like WG and BG got any time this past year. Imagine a system where they were basically required to be the starters even though more talent was on the bench. Ugh.
FloridaHoosier
Starter
And1: 1,083

Post#55 » by FloridaHoosier » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:03 pm

Just wondering, has Mario ever been in the U.S. before?
"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure." "Try not to suck."
"I don't vibrate at that frequency." ~ Joe Maddon
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,979

Post#56 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:20 pm

FWIW:

Marc Mundet @MarcMundet78
Mario Hezonja has taken a flight this morning with destination to Orlando (via Frankfurt)

This was tweeted about 2 hours ago.
MrTwister
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by MrTwister » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:23 pm

FloridaHoosier wrote:Just wondering, has Mario ever been in the U.S. before?

No.But you can say he has luck playing in places with a lot of sunny weather.First his home city Dubrovnik(King's Landing for GoT fans),Barcelona and now Orlando,FL :D
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,261

Post#58 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:26 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
MrTwister wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

The cigarettes and the eating habits where the main reason Otis did not resign him after the Finals. Then he traded back for him lol. Either way Hedo is still one of my alltime fav Magic players despite the goofyness.
aka: prorl
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#59 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
MrTwister wrote:Mario doesn't drink or smoke.But bar is much lower over here, when we talk about alcohol.Most guys have their first beer in age of 15, some even earlier.By 21 you can be full raged alcoholic :D

The cigarettes and the eating habits where the main reason Otis did not resign him after the Finals. Then he traded back for him lol. Either way Hedo is still one of my alltime fav Magic players despite the goofyness.

Because of Hedo, I came up with the phrase, "Gonna prove em all wrong!!!"

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BlueBalls
Starter
And1: 710

Post#60 » by BlueBalls » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Excellent. Can't wait to see him stateside.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Return to Orlando Magic