ImageImageImageImage

Marc Spears - Magic Sign CJ Watson (3 Years, 15 mil)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,419

Re: Marc Stein - Magic Closing in on CJ Watson 

Post#81 » by UCFJayBird » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:53 pm

Would be a great signing. Hoping the numbers are favorable. W'eve been after Watson for like 8 years, lol.
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#82 » by Tayswagzzz » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:54 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
MoMM wrote:
Versubio wrote: Not bad at all! :nod:

No, just a guess.

Great guess, lol.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
The a Magic have agreed to a three-year, $15 million deal with guard C.J. Watson, a source told Yahoo.

MoMM = Hennigan?
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#83 » by ralphie9898 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:54 pm

tiderulz wrote:
SHAQ32 wrote:I don't know when the last time we had a legit backup PG. Maybe Brian Shaw?

Rafer

Yeah thats what I was thinking as I am just now getting to read some of this thread and was scrolling through to see if anyone mention Rafer Alston who i would say was just as good if not a better backup. He came in and helped us big time when Jameer went down.

But yeah I do like this signing and apparently everyone else does too. We needed a backup point and one that can shoot and has veteran status is a good get behind Payton.
Melvinlocker
Bench Warmer
And1: 650

Re: Marc Spears - MAgic Sign CJ Watson (3 Years, 15 mil) 

Post#84 » by Melvinlocker » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:55 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/617330061369147392[/tweet]
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Re: Marc Spears - Magic Sign CJ Watson (3 Years, 15 mil) 

Post#85 » by MitchellUK » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:02 pm

Nice, a lot of us mentioned CJ as a player we'd like to acquire this summer. That's our backup PG spot vastly improved over last season.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#86 » by CourtsideTV » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:05 pm

nice. he's one of those PG's who could start on a terrible team. luckily we don't need him to. he is a lights out shooter. good 3 pt % and goes to the rim hard. i'm not sure about his playmaking but he is aggressive
Work Hard
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#87 » by OrlandO » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:09 pm

AddiFB wrote:Somewhere, in a small, desolate Dunkin Donut shop, store manager Otis Smith is reading todays newspapers when he slams his fist on an article he was reading, annoyingly pulls off his apron and throws it onto the wall.

"THAT WAS MY GUY, GADEMMIT!" he shouts as he slams a deep frying skimmer to the floor. "I called it first! My guy! I should be the GM, not that guy!".

Fuming, deeply hyperventilating, he thinks what he should do, how he was right.

*DING* goes the fryer as Smith stares into the boiling oil, the bubbling sound getting louder and louder. Focused on his years in Orlando playing through his mind as the overcooked donuts swim around, craving for his attention. He shakes his head to snap out of it, picks up the skimmer from the floor, whipes it with his shirt and fishes up ten greasy new donuts.

The door opens and a small, freckled store cashier pops in "Sir, a customer wants to talk to the general manager.. he's unhappy with some donuts he got. Says they're overcooked. Again."

Otis looks down at the newspaper, throws it in the trash and puts on his manager cap.

"Here, I am at least wanted..." he mumbles to himself as he walks to the store front - "Hello sir, what seems to be the problem?" he asks the unhappy customer. "You overdid the thing man. It's bad.." says the customer, an avid Dunkin Donut fan.

Smith takes a bite out of the donut in question "Hmm.. I like this donut".

:lol: do Vaughn next
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#88 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:11 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
SHAQ32 wrote:I don't know when the last time we had a legit backup PG. Maybe Brian Shaw?

Rafer

Yeah thats what I was thinking as I am just now getting to read some of this thread and was scrolling through to see if anyone mention Rafer Alston who i would say was just as good if not a better backup. He came in and helped us big time when Jameer went down.

But yeah I do like this signing and apparently everyone else does too. We needed a backup point and one that can shoot and has veteran status is a good get behind Payton.

Technically Rafer was never a backup here. He started and was only brought in when Jameer went down.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#89 » by MoMM » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:11 pm

Tayswagzzz wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
MoMM wrote:No, just a guess.

Great guess, lol.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
The a Magic have agreed to a three-year, $15 million deal with guard C.J. Watson, a source told Yahoo.

MoMM = Hennigan?

Yes, they were waiting my final word to announce it :lol:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,112

Post#90 » by tiderulz » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:14 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Rafer

Technically Rafer was never a backup here. He started and was only brought in when Jameer went down.

my bad. I didnt look it up, but i thought we had him for part of the next year and he was backing up Jameer. I looked it up and saw that we moved him that off season.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,964

Post#91 » by Last Guardian » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:17 pm

He is a very good backup PG. It is a waste for him to be on this team honestly.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Marc Spears - Magic Sign CJ Watson (3 Years, 15 mil) 

Post#92 » by Max Power » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:19 pm

On the best back up pg argument...didn't Darrell Armstrong win Most Improved AND Sixth Man of the year? I'm pretty sure he wasn't a power forward...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#93 » by MoMM » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:19 pm

MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#94 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:22 pm

Last Guardian wrote:He is a very good backup PG. It is a waste for him to be on this team honestly.

That's the spirit :lol:
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,964

Post#95 » by Last Guardian » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:31 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:He is a very good backup PG. It is a waste for him to be on this team honestly.

I love my team but we should be playing young guys and every season during the rebuild we sign vets for some reason. Watson is more quality than what we have signed in the past but it still makes little sense to me.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#96 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:34 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Rafer

He was a backup in the finals 8-)
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,818

Post#97 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:35 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:

:lol:
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#98 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:36 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:Yeah thats what I was thinking as I am just now getting to read some of this thread and was scrolling through to see if anyone mention Rafer Alston who i would say was just as good if not a better backup. He came in and helped us big time when Jameer went down.

He was a backup in the finals 8-)

People often misremember that. Rafer actually started every Finals game and Jameer came off the bench.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#99 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:41 pm

Watson will make about as much as Bum Garbage made last season. MASSIVE UPGRADE!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,365

Post#100 » by tooler » Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:44 pm

Last Guardian wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:

I love my team but we should be playing young guys and every season during the rebuild we sign vets for some reason. Watson is more quality than what we have signed in the past but it still makes little sense to me.

You can't win NBA games when all your players are 24 or younger. Again, look at how much the misfit veterans contributed to the Bucks last season. There was a great synergy there. Both young guys and veterans played well.

The important thing is getting quality veterans instead of the trash we had last year.

Return to Orlando Magic