ImageImageImageImage

I love this team, man!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Re: I love this team, man! 

Post#41 » by Patrick1978 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 2:51 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
Patrick1978 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
YUP! Watching him switch and face up against harden and hold his own got me all giddy with excitement. the kid is a special talent. Hope last nights game makes him and his talent stand out more to the fans, the league and ...... especially Skiles... lol... #releaseairgordon

Aaron gordon has all the tools to be a Special player.he just needs to stay healthy.i think in 2-3 years he will be the best magic player with vucevic.gordon,vucevic,fournier,hezonja and payton are the core of the Team.i believe that harris or oladipo will be traded to get us a quality player and the last missing piece.

damn... you read my mind on the oladipo and harris trade. I like them both....don't get me wrong.... but when connecting all of the pieces of the team together I am starting to see them as the odd men out. This for a while with harris and most recently with Oladipo. I looooove oladipo's intensity... but he's currently starting to try tooooooo hard which seems to be hurting the team more than helping at times! And I'm not quite sure if he wants to or can dial it back. And with the way fournier and gordon are trending... I would rather see them in the starting line up sooner than later. Currently I would be more willing to throw Fournier the next big deal.... and if we can get a great defensive presence at the 4 for harris and/or oladipo... i would be cool with that!

amassing all this talent in my opinion has been a situation where we are putting together all the talent possible.... shaking it up and see what gels the most and sticks together. With a oladipo/harris for favors and a pick would make me a happy camper

BUT we're only 5 games in.... just a current assessment. I'll hope that things start meshing more as we continue to figure things out!

Hoping to hand Toronto their first loss tonight in ANOTHER possibly exciting Magic game! These games have been entertaining as hell!

For me payton is good but he is not a shooter,his qualities are defense ,passing ,driving to the rim.So pairing him with oladipo is not a good fit.Nothing against dipo ,he is a quality player.Fournier and mario are ftting very good with payton as they have much more shooting skills.For the draft next year i like stephen Zimmerman who will play for UNLV this year .Very skilled 7 footer with offense and rebounding and rim protection.He plays the 4 and 5 .Watch the scouting video at Draftexpress .
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
NxtGr8MagicCntr
Senior
And1: 573

Post#42 » by NxtGr8MagicCntr » Fri Nov 6, 2015 3:09 pm

I love the crisp ball movement this year. Say what you want about Skiles and his tactics so far, but it is night and day between him and Vaughn. While at the games in previous years, I have Vaughn engraved in my memory calling a timeout, standing at half court talking to his assistants and not even talking to the team. A real coach this year does wonders.

This year there is also no player that immediately enrages me when he walks on the court so far. (Willie Green, Channing Frye, Luke,etc). Hard not to cheer for a guy giving his all and we know if he isn't, Scotty is sending him to the bench. So far so good! Heart and Hustle 2.0
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#43 » by MagicFan32 » Fri Nov 6, 2015 4:07 pm

the bottom line is the team is 1-4 and is losing close games, at some point they have to learn to WIN.
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#44 » by Max Power » Fri Nov 6, 2015 5:37 pm

Have to agree, the team is improved and it's obvious but 1-4 is the results that matter. I've said for a while I don't think this is a playoff team but I did want to see them in the race till the end of the season. To me that's improvement we can build on.

As for the roster, our best players are still the same guys. This season started almost exactly like last year, Fournier's on fire, Oladipo and Harris struggling.

I'm not worried about Oladipo really. I think he will get his act together, I'm thinking Hennigan is going to look to ship Tobias, and maybe even Evan, if this team doesn't get close to a playoff spot Hennigans gone and I'm sure deep down he knows that, 4 straight losing seasons is as much patience as you can ask for a fanbase to endure. So I expect a splash move around the deadline in things don't improve starting tonight in Toronto.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
You look confused...let me fill you in.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#45 » by MagicMadness » Fri Nov 6, 2015 6:02 pm

According to RPI (Relative Percent Index) Rankings, the Magic's Expected Win Percentage (EWP) is .461, as of right now.

That would equate to 37.8 wins.

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#46 » by Skin » Fri Nov 6, 2015 6:17 pm

Zmill wrote:I love Aaron Gordon. He is seriously going to revolutionize the NBA. Waaay too big for SFs and too athletic for PFs.

He is going to be the reason people start caring about the Magic again

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I soooooo want him to find his spots on the floor that he can master his shot on. Pick 1 or 2 go to spots and go from there. We know he can do everything else. Good defense, rebounding, dunking, dribbling, creativity, picking up the scraps... But I think that is his first step towards becoming a true star. Finding his sweet spots. Right now, I see him trying to do too much like a chicken without it's head on. He's everywhere, but nowhere at the same time. I don't think the game has slowed down for him yet. But yeah... he's the guy that I have pegged as our Superstar too. Fell in love with his game in HS, and have cheered for him since.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#47 » by yoyojw17 » Sat Nov 7, 2015 3:55 pm

Patrick1978 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
Patrick1978 wrote:Aaron gordon has all the tools to be a Special player.he just needs to stay healthy.i think in 2-3 years he will be the best magic player with vucevic.gordon,vucevic,fournier,hezonja and payton are the core of the Team.i believe that harris or oladipo will be traded to get us a quality player and the last missing piece.

damn... you read my mind on the oladipo and harris trade. I like them both....don't get me wrong.... but when connecting all of the pieces of the team together I am starting to see them as the odd men out. This for a while with harris and most recently with Oladipo. I looooove oladipo's intensity... but he's currently starting to try tooooooo hard which seems to be hurting the team more than helping at times! And I'm not quite sure if he wants to or can dial it back. And with the way fournier and gordon are trending... I would rather see them in the starting line up sooner than later. Currently I would be more willing to throw Fournier the next big deal.... and if we can get a great defensive presence at the 4 for harris and/or oladipo... i would be cool with that!

amassing all this talent in my opinion has been a situation where we are putting together all the talent possible.... shaking it up and see what gels the most and sticks together. With a oladipo/harris for favors and a pick would make me a happy camper

BUT we're only 5 games in.... just a current assessment. I'll hope that things start meshing more as we continue to figure things out!

Hoping to hand Toronto their first loss tonight in ANOTHER possibly exciting Magic game! These games have been entertaining as hell!

For me payton is good but he is not a shooter,his qualities are defense ,passing ,driving to the rim.So pairing him with oladipo is not a good fit.Nothing against dipo ,he is a quality player.Fournier and mario are ftting very good with payton as they have much more shooting skills.For the draft next year i like stephen Zimmerman who will play for UNLV this year .Very skilled 7 footer with offense and rebounding and rim protection.He plays the 4 and 5 .Watch the scouting video at Draftexpress .

trust me that's what i was getting at. balancing the lineups will be important.... and doing so without damaging egos will be hard. will check up on him. but still loving the crap out of this team and it's potential! Will check on zimmerman... thanks
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#48 » by drsd » Sat Nov 7, 2015 5:03 pm

I love this team, man!

Indeed!

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,015

Post#49 » by KillMonger » Sat Nov 7, 2015 6:22 pm

We're must see t.v at this point so to speak. All close games, nail-biters at the end where we have to grind it out and the thing that's keeping us in the game is our defense the improvement is real. I do believe we can be a playoff team, we just got to keep refining....it's like we're a clay bust the finished product is already there you just got to keep chipping away at it until you get there, we got a long way to go but we're close...all these close games mean that we're on the right track, though i would love a blowout preferably tonight against the sixers.
Heatmagic84
Bench Warmer
And1: 29

Post#50 » by Heatmagic84 » Sat Nov 7, 2015 6:31 pm

I'm really enjoying them again!!

I'm surprised the attendance has been so bad. I know the record isn't good, but they have been playing good basketball.

I bought that magic pass that gives you tickets at $6 a pop. You really can't beat that and it's still empty there!
"Fallen soldiers my homies lay in caskets
They couldn't survive the Heat just like the Mavericks"
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#51 » by EAS Law » Mon Nov 9, 2015 8:39 pm

Heatmagic84 wrote:I'm really enjoying them again!!

I'm surprised the attendance has been so bad. I know the record isn't good, but they have been playing good basketball.

I bought that magic pass that gives you tickets at $6 a pop. You really can't beat that and it's still empty there!

I've lived in Orlando almost my entire life. I love Orlando. With that said, it's sad that we have too many transplant NBA fans and fair-weather fans. Outside of the hard core Magic people like us and corporate ticket holders, it's going to take a while before we fill up the seats again. It could also take a household name to motivate people in the city to start coming again. Remember in 2009 when we made The Finals? EVERYONE was a huge Magic fan... not so much now.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#52 » by SD2042 » Mon Nov 9, 2015 9:15 pm

I know it's early, but I really like the Magic's chance on becoming a playoff team for the first time in three years. It's an exciting time for it to happen. This team has a young nucleus who's willing to contend with other teams on game nights to compete and take the fight to their opponents. Like the phoenix, the Magic shall rise again.

Return to Orlando Magic