ImageImageImageImage

Emergency GT: Sixers @ Magic

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,151

Re: Emergency GT: Sixers @ Magic 

Post#421 » by Def Swami » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:11 pm

SaberT wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
Landshark wrote:Still confused why we didn't hire a single offense-minded coach. Apparently, D'Antoni has been available all this time and willing to coach as an assistant (even for the Sixers), yet Skiles hired 50 defensive assistants instead.

And still doesn't know that you should go under screens on fast PG's that can't shoot :lol:

They know but Skiles believes his players are too dumb to know when to go under or when to go over, so to keep it simple he forces going over every time (even when it is exposed heavily by driving PGs).

I'm not joking, at the beginning of the season he explained it that way, to be honest he didn't use word dumb but rather said they are not ready yet for adjustments mid game. I am guessing he still believes they cannot make adjustments and the result is we get exposed every single night.

rcklsscognition wrote:Skiles went postal on Hezonja after Mario complained about that out of bounds call. You could hear it on the broadcast. "Play the **** game! Just play the **** game!!" Next shot Mario is at the far end of the bench and Skiles is pounding a water after he probably coughed up blood.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I would say part of the reason Hezonja "does not just play the game" is because he gets benched after minor mistakes like having a turnover or a defensive lapse (where he improved immensly). So he complains because he knows that turnovers get him benched.

If Skiles showed more trust in Hezonja I believe that Hezonja would relax and start playing with more confidence. Probably would accept that some calls don't go his way.

It's absurd that Skiles benches Mario for the whole 2nd half when Magic is losing, has no energy and Mario played a really good 2nd quarter.

It's compounded by how inconsistent Skiles is. Fournier and Frye can get killed on defense all night and have their share of mistakes but get benefit of the doubt. How is Hezonja supposed to feel when he's treated differently than everyone else simply due to age?
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Re: Emergency GT: Sixers @ Magic 

Post#422 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Def Swami wrote:
SaberT wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:And still doesn't know that you should go under screens on fast PG's that can't shoot :lol:

They know but Skiles believes his players are too dumb to know when to go under or when to go over, so to keep it simple he forces going over every time (even when it is exposed heavily by driving PGs).

I'm not joking, at the beginning of the season he explained it that way, to be honest he didn't use word dumb but rather said they are not ready yet for adjustments mid game. I am guessing he still believes they cannot make adjustments and the result is we get exposed every single night.

rcklsscognition wrote:Skiles went postal on Hezonja after Mario complained about that out of bounds call. You could hear it on the broadcast. "Play the **** game! Just play the **** game!!" Next shot Mario is at the far end of the bench and Skiles is pounding a water after he probably coughed up blood.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I would say part of the reason Hezonja "does not just play the game" is because he gets benched after minor mistakes like having a turnover or a defensive lapse (where he improved immensly). So he complains because he knows that turnovers get him benched.

If Skiles showed more trust in Hezonja I believe that Hezonja would relax and start playing with more confidence. Probably would accept that some calls don't go his way.

It's absurd that Skiles benches Mario for the whole 2nd half when Magic is losing, has no energy and Mario played a really good 2nd quarter.

It's compounded by how inconsistent Skiles is. Fournier and Frye can get killed on defense all night and have their share of mistakes but get benefit of the doubt. How is Hezonja supposed to feel when he's treated differently than everyone else simply due to age?

I'm playing. I think Mario is outplaying Fournier too.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt

Return to Orlando Magic