ImageImageImageImage

GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO MARIOS vs NEW YORK KRISTAPS 02/26/16

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

chosen12141
Junior
And1: 117

Re: GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO MARIOS vs NEW YORK KRISTAPS 02/26/16 

Post#421 » by chosen12141 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:00 am

Immature Luigi wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Rough night. Going to be tough to make the playoffs with losses like this.

yep, perfect time to hand the keys over to the future

The new guys are not making a good case for themselves.....but they free up a lot of cheese for the off season!!!!!

Here is hoping FA's want to live in the sunshine!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Waiting for the Championship parade at Lake Eola!
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,120

Post#422 » by Dennis Reynolds » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:01 am

407Junkie wrote:
Daboone696 wrote:
407Junkie wrote:Mario cant shoot yall.

we should start finding things people said about Aaron during his rookie year
Gordon is doing the same things he did in Arizona except shoot more 3's. His first year everyone knew he was a project player so what you're saying holds no water. If you're supposed to be known as a shooter that is something that never goes anywhere.

My God,did you hear of a thing called shooting slump? He was doing well before the All star break but Skiles just decided to take away his minutes. Confidence is a big thing when it comes to shooting and having somebody who is **** you in the head doesn't help at all. His shot will come around. I am glad he is able to make a positive contribution even when his shot isn't falling.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#423 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:01 am

ChosenSavior wrote:Can't have losses like this when you're trying to sell to Magic fans that you are fighting for a playoff berth. Sounded like Victor had an awful game tonight. Once again, we do not have a dominant scorer to rely on and it's getting frustrating to pretend that Victor will eventually reach that level.

Looks like we played better D in the 2nd half (or NYK just missed shots) which bothers me because we never seem to show any level of consistency as a team on both ends.

I got a call from a ticket rep guy today!
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#424 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:03 am

chosen12141 wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:Rough night. Going to be tough to make the playoffs with losses like this.

yep, perfect time to hand the keys over to the future

The new guys are not making a good case for themselves.....but they free up a lot of cheese for the off season!!!!!

Here is hoping FA's want to live in the sunshine!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The ticket rep mentioned that Dipos troubles were a natural part of handing over the keys of the city to him. :lol:
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,151

Post#425 » by Def Swami » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:03 am

Said this in the Playoff tracker thread yesterday. The team isn't ready for primetime. No focal piece to build around and Skiles is just an unimaginative, stubborn coach who isn't really getting the most out of this roster. Instead of continuing to run Jennings and Ilyasova, 2 guys who probably won't even be here in 4 months, meaningless minutes, they should focus on developing their draft picks for the rest of the season. The season is shot anyway.
Daboone696
Junior
And1: 82

Post#426 » by Daboone696 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:04 am

I was trying to find former players quoted about playing for Skiles and I saw that he has like 6 children with multiple women. Am i just really late to this?
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,141

Post#427 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:04 am

That loss just kicked our projections in the nuts. We're now on pace for 35 wins and I honestly have thought that was out of reach over a month ago. Now sitting at a 3% chance for the playoffs. 8th best odds projected. If we can get into 7th we have a at least outside chance of jumping into the top 3.;
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,728

Post#428 » by thelead » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:06 am

Daboone696 wrote:I was trying to find former players quoted about playing for Skiles and I saw that he has like 6 children with multiple women. Am i just really late to this?

Yes... and he was arrested for possession of cocaine as well.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#429 » by OrlandoNed » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:06 am

Gomagic44 wrote:
chosen12141 wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:yep, perfect time to hand the keys over to the future

The ticket rep mentioned that Dipos troubles were a natural part of handing over the keys of the city to him. :lol:

This franchise is hooking its wagon to the wrong guy. Oladipo is a slightly better dion waiters. He will always be a poor decision making, inefficient chucked.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#430 » by JF5 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:06 am

Daboone696 wrote:I was trying to find former players quoted about playing for Skiles and I saw that he has like 6 children with multiple women. Am i just really late to this?

Yeah... Late to the point that the party is over and they're setting up for the next event...
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#431 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:06 am

Def Swami wrote:Said this in the Playoff tracker thread yesterday. The team isn't ready for primetime. No focal piece to build around and Skiles is just an unimaginative, stubborn coach who isn't really getting the most out of this roster. Instead of continuing to run Jennings and Ilyasova, 2 guys who probably won't even be here in 4 months, meaningless minutes, they should focus on developing their draft picks for the rest of the season. The season is shot anyway.

Jennings and Ersan combined for 26, Hezonja played 26, Gordon played 34. Can you just let it go?
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#432 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:06 am

thelead wrote:

Yes, and what does this have to do with our loss?
thelead
RealGM

Post#433 » by thelead » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:06 am

rcklsscognition wrote:That loss just kicked our projections in the nuts. We're now on pace for 35 wins and I honestly have thought that was out of reach over a month ago. Now sitting at a 3% chance for the playoffs. 8th best odds projected. If we can get into 7th we have a at least outside chance of jumping into the top 3.;

It's over man. We're not making the playoffs.
thelead
RealGM

Post#434 » by thelead » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:07 am

Gomagic44 wrote:
thelead wrote:

Nothing just replying to his question.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#435 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:07 am

LOL @ people actually thinking moving Tobias was to get veterans to actually try to make push for the playoffs

That was simply a salary dump nothing more nothing less. Sure, if Jennings came here straight balling and for some miraculous reason we made a strong push to the playoffs yea the front office would act like that was on purpose, but they know that's extremely far fetched.

We have no interior defense and will continue to struggle until that is resolved (our main concern this off season).

Hennigan will be happy with another top ten pick he can dangle in front of teams come draft. The playoffs are out of his sights by now and we should just simply accept that and kinda look at the bigger picture. Never lose hope of course, but as I said many times this off season will certainly mold the outlook of the Orlando Magic for a very long time. Something major WILL happen you could count on that.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#436 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:08 am

thelead wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:That loss just kicked our projections in the nuts. We're now on pace for 35 wins and I honestly have thought that was out of reach over a month ago. Now sitting at a 3% chance for the playoffs. 8th best odds projected. If we can get into 7th we have a at least outside chance of jumping into the top 3.;

It's over man. We're not making the playoffs.

I believe I said that a few days into January. Just happy everyone is finally on board and I can start talking about draft order soon. I'll wait till Philly beats us Sunday to start though :D
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#437 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:08 am

OrlandoNed wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:
chosen12141 wrote:

This franchise is hooking its wagon to the wrong guy. Oladipo is a slightly better dion waiters. He will always be a poor decision making, inefficient chucked.

I agree. He was a really cool guy, he talked about ball for like 45 minutes before he ever made a pitch. The only other golden moment was "when was the last time you went to a game?" in reguards to my weekday fastpass. "uhhh, Oh yeah, when Philly beat us". He had to actually work to respond well to that one. He was a fan.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,120

Post#438 » by Dennis Reynolds » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:09 am

Henny needs to find another gem in the draft so we can bury him and let superstars like Smith take a shot every time he catches a ball.
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#439 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:09 am

thelead wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:
thelead wrote:Yes... and he was arrested for possession of cocaine as well.

Nothing just replying to his question.

Sorry, I really meant it for him. It was only relevant in the chain.
Daboone696
Junior
And1: 82

Post#440 » by Daboone696 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:09 am

Gomagic44 wrote:
thelead wrote:

nothing. we're in a fan forum about the effing Orlando Magic. It's a pretty appropriate place to ask.

Return to Orlando Magic