ImageImageImageImage

Official Lotto Odds Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Re: Official Lotto Odds Thread 

Post#441 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Apr 4, 2016 6:30 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
j-ragg wrote:It's who you can guard. He guards the perimeter much better than bulky power forwards. He should be a 3 going forward, wouldn't you rather have elite size at the position than being borderline undersized?

Finding a top PF is much harder than finding wing players. There are tons of Harris's or Fournier's in the league whereas finding another Draymond Green or Rodman type of talent is much harder.

Gordon has primarily been a PF here since the day he came into the league. Each NBA coach has used him that way. Thus, if Coaches see him as a PF, then fans perception is nill. There is a zero chance Gordon will be used as an SF.

Thus, unless you are talking about NBA2k16, then there is no use talking about Gordon as an SF unless it is fantasy.
He has to do some bulking up if he's going to stay at the PF spot. That and keep working on that shot. Gordon is a mismatch nightmare for PF in this league. His versatility and speed allow him to blow by his opponent. If only we ran more plays for him. We will most likely start seeing more of that next year. He needs to play next to a defensive big though because we are allowing too many paint points. He has a good block here and there but he is no Draymond Green.

Gonna be a big offseason for AG this year. Lets see who he morphs into in 16-17.

He is bigger and stronger than many PF's in the league already at his young age. I think he fills out nicely. Rodman played his first 2 years in the NBA at SF as he was a beanpole starting at 22 years old. Then, he bulked up big time around 24-25 years old. I think Gordon is already fairly big and will be much bigger in the years to come. I expect him to dominate at PF much like Draymond has but much better on Defense and the Boards.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Whoompthereitis
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#442 » by Whoompthereitis » Tue Apr 5, 2016 4:05 am

Lord hear my prayers
ImageUploadedByRealGM Forums1459829114.476301.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#443 » by Skin » Tue Apr 5, 2016 6:20 am

Whoompthereitis wrote:Lord hear my prayers

:crazy:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#444 » by j-ragg » Tue Apr 5, 2016 6:05 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Finding a top PF is much harder than finding wing players. There are tons of Harris's or Fournier's in the league whereas finding another Draymond Green or Rodman type of talent is much harder.

Gordon has primarily been a PF here since the day he came into the league. Each NBA coach has used him that way. Thus, if Coaches see him as a PF, then fans perception is nill. There is a zero chance Gordon will be used as an SF.

Thus, unless you are talking about NBA2k16, then there is no use talking about Gordon as an SF unless it is fantasy.
He has to do some bulking up if he's going to stay at the PF spot. That and keep working on that shot. Gordon is a mismatch nightmare for PF in this league. His versatility and speed allow him to blow by his opponent. If only we ran more plays for him. We will most likely start seeing more of that next year. He needs to play next to a defensive big though because we are allowing too many paint points. He has a good block here and there but he is no Draymond Green.

Gonna be a big offseason for AG this year. Lets see who he morphs into in 16-17.

He is bigger and stronger than many PF's in the league already at his young age. I think he fills out nicely. Rodman played his first 2 years in the NBA at SF as he was a beanpole starting at 22 years old. Then, he bulked up big time around 24-25 years old. I think Gordon is already fairly big and will be much bigger in the years to come. I expect him to dominate at PF much like Draymond has but much better on Defense and the Boards.

What are you talking about?

How many starting power forwards is Gordon already bigger than? Maybe he will fil out nicely in 4 or 5 years but for now, he's still small for a starting 4.

You expect him to dominate at power forward like Draymond except much better on defense :lol: Draymond is already the best defensive power forward in the game in case you didn't know, we'd all be happy with Gordon reaching that level.

Not sure why you and B&W both have this tendency to put your opinions out there but state them like facts and as if everyone is dumb to disagree with you, which is ironic in itself considering what both of you spout out there. Oh and then there's his famous line "well uh the coaches play him at the 4, and they're coaches that know way more than you so that makes it right". I guess coaches have never adjusted before. What the hell is the point of critiquing a team on a message board if none of us ever know more than coaches or GMs?
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#445 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Apr 5, 2016 6:50 pm

j-ragg wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:He has to do some bulking up if he's going to stay at the PF spot. That and keep working on that shot. Gordon is a mismatch nightmare for PF in this league. His versatility and speed allow him to blow by his opponent. If only we ran more plays for him. We will most likely start seeing more of that next year. He needs to play next to a defensive big though because we are allowing too many paint points. He has a good block here and there but he is no Draymond Green.

How many starting power forwards is Gordon already bigger than? Maybe he will fil out nicely in 4 or 5 years but for now, he's still small for a starting 4.

You expect him to dominate at power forward like Draymond except much better on defense :lol: Draymond is already the best defensive power forward in the game in case you didn't know, we'd all be happy with Gordon reaching that level.

Not sure why you and B&W both have this tendency to put your opinions out there but state them like facts and as if everyone is dumb to disagree with you, which is ironic in itself considering what both of you spout out there. Oh and then there's his famous line "well uh the coaches play him at the 4, and they're coaches that know way more than you so that makes it right". I guess coaches have never adjusted before. What the hell is the point of critiquing a team on a message board if none of us ever know more than coaches or GMs?

I think Coaches who spend 24/7 thinking about basketball as their livelihood know a helluva lot more than fanatics who just think,"Dude, he is fast and agile, so he must be a 3!!!!!"

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Official Lotto Odds Thread 

Post#446 » by j-ragg » Tue Apr 5, 2016 6:57 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I think Coaches who spend 24/7 thinking about basketball as their livelihood know a helluva lot more than fanatics who just think,"Dude, he is fast and agile, so he must be a 3!!!!!"

Another typical BMP response. Avoid doing anything that would require any thought and go with whatever the coaches do is perfect. Never change bro this board needs real intellect like you provide on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#447 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Apr 5, 2016 7:23 pm

j-ragg wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
j-ragg wrote:What are you talking about?

Another typical BMP response. Avoid doing anything that would require any thought and go with whatever the coaches do is perfect. Never change bro this board needs real intellect like you provide on a daily basis.

Well, I agree with coaches as they know a great deal more than fans and put much more time into their analysis than a Forum.

I knew the moment he was drafted he was a career 4. It is so obvious even the coaches agree with me. It just surprises me that fans automatically think if a 19 year old player is not the size of Tim Duncan and shows quickness and agility, then they must play the 3 because said fan dreams of the mismatches.

Well, sorry to break it to ya'll, but AG is a career 4 and Mario will be a career 3.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#448 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Apr 5, 2016 7:28 pm

I just know that 10 years from now someone will create a thread that will be titled,"What if Aaron Gordon had played the 3?"

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#449 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 5, 2016 7:32 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Well, I agree with coaches as they know a great deal more than fans and put much more time into their analysis than a Forum.

I knew the moment he was drafted he was a career 4. It is so obvious even the coaches agree with me. It just surprises me that fans automatically think if a 19 year old player is not the size of Tim Duncan and shows quickness and agility, then they must play the 3 because said fan dreams of the mismatches.

Well, sorry to break it to ya'll, but AG is a career 4 and Mario will be a career 3.

its because his game screams 3 not 4. He doesnt have a post game, he is not a great post defender. More comfortable with the ball, moving around, passing. He doesnt have the size or strength to match up with most PF's, that is why many of us dont see him as a PF. And even at SF, he does not create that many mismatches. Look around the league, a lot of SF's are his size. But you go ahead and keep stating your opinions as fact, its amusing to read.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#450 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Apr 5, 2016 8:09 pm

tiderulz wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Another typical BMP response. Avoid doing anything that would require any thought and go with whatever the coaches do is perfect. Never change bro this board needs real intellect like you provide on a daily basis.

its because his game screams 3 not 4. He doesnt have a post game, he is not a great post defender. More comfortable with the ball, moving around, passing. He doesnt have the size or strength to match up with most PF's, that is why many of us dont see him as a PF. And even at SF, he does not create that many mismatches. Look around the league, a lot of SF's are his size. But you go ahead and keep stating your opinions as fact, its amusing to read.

Ryno doesn't have post game. Shard didn't have a post game. Garrity didn't have a post game.

FYI. Garrity was 6'9" and 238lbs.

Aaron at 20 years old is already 6'9" and 230lbs.

Rodman came into the NBA at 6'9" and around 210lbs and became one of the best Defensive and Rebounding PF's of all time. He had zero post game.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#451 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 5, 2016 8:14 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Ryno doesn't have post game. Shard didn't have a post game. Garrity didn't have a post game.

FYI. Garrity was 6'9" and 238lbs.

Aaron at 20 years old is already 6'9" and 230lbs.

Rodman came into the NBA at 6'9" and around 210lbs and became one of the best Defensive and Rebounding PF's of all time. He had zero post game.

I agree with your overall point but when Rashard was with Seattle, he was most dangerous in the post. Yes, he could stroke it from deep...but the dude was a BEAST in the post. Stan never let him use that part of his game by moving him to the 4...which indirectly supports your opinion even more. He had a post game as a 3 and didn't as a 4. That detail means nothing when dictating what position you are, on paper.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,151

Post#452 » by Def Swami » Tue Apr 5, 2016 8:16 pm

Gordon's position is perhaps the most useless debate on this board. It doesn't matter what you want to call him. The 3/4 positions have become so homogenized that there's almost no distinguishing them. His position will and should be malleable for the rest of his career. To pigeon-hole him to a specific role or spot on the court would be a gross underutilization of his skill set. He should continue to be used in a role based on his match ups. The main thing is that he can defend either position very well so he'll almost never be a detriment on that end of the floor. And for the very few players that can overpower Gordon in the post, he should be able to take advantage of that kind of player on the offensive end, especially as his 3 point shot comes along.

Gordon's position is the absolute least of my concerns with this team.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#453 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Apr 5, 2016 8:17 pm

Def Swami wrote:Gordon's position is perhaps the most useless debate on this board. It doesn't matter what you want to call him. The 3/4 positions have become so homogenized that there's almost no distinguishing them. His position will and should be malleable for the rest of his career. To pigeon-hole him to a specific role or spot on the court would be a gross underutilization of his skill set. He should continue to be used in a role based on his match ups. The main thing is that he can defend either position very well so he'll almost never be a detriment on that end of the floor. And for the very few players that can overpower Gordon in the post, he should be able to take advantage of that kind of player on the offensive end, especially as his 3 point shot comes along.

Gordon's position is the absolute least of my concerns with this team.

True. He may start as a 4 and have opposing 4's guarding him on offense, but on Defense, he can be called upon to guard 2 thru 4.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#454 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Apr 5, 2016 8:44 pm

A few games to keep an eye on tonight...

It is unlikely that Milwaukee takes down Cleveland...cementing us further in to the #11 slot.

Chicago is currently tied with Utah and Dallas. Utah going up against San Antonio is not promising and Chicago has a winnable game against Memphis. Could be a tough night for our picks.
Greenraida
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#455 » by Greenraida » Wed Apr 6, 2016 5:32 am

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:A few games to keep an eye on tonight...

It is unlikely that Milwaukee takes down Cleveland...cementing us further in to the #11 slot.

Chicago is currently tied with Utah and Dallas. Utah going up against San Antonio is not promising and Chicago has a winnable game against Memphis. Could be a tough night for our picks.

Memphis won :)
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#456 » by shadrock » Wed Apr 6, 2016 5:50 am

Skin wrote:
Whoompthereitis wrote:Lord hear my prayers

:crazy:

Didn't pray hard enough clearly hahaha.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,007

Post#457 » by Ducklett » Wed Apr 6, 2016 1:29 pm

I am so glad we won meaningless games into the 11 slot. Thanks Skiles!
flying_mollusk
Sixth Man
And1: 798

Post#458 » by flying_mollusk » Wed Apr 6, 2016 1:48 pm

Ducklett wrote:I am so glad we won meaningless games into the 11 slot. Thanks Skiles!

I know. What the **** is wrong with the players who are paid to play basketball trying to win? What a bunch of ****.
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#459 » by darthcheech2000 » Wed Apr 6, 2016 2:33 pm

Umm Shard had a post game, one that he didnt use very much, and it was high percentage if memory serves me right.

And the only way we don't win these last few games would be to bench most of the starters... which shouldn't happen on a professional sports team. The reality is we're going to end up with an accurate season record, better then last year but not playoff worthy.
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#460 » by Jiwol » Wed Apr 6, 2016 2:43 pm

Ducklett wrote:I am so glad we won meaningless games into the 11 slot. Thanks Skiles!

Those are not meaningless games! The better our records is, the better chance we have to lure some priced free agents. Good ending of the season might also encourage our young players to give extra effort during the next campaign.

And if you think that 8th pick instead of 11th makes any difference to this roster, you're obviously wrong. BTW, Klay Thompson was picked 11th. JJ Redick, Allan Houston and Robert Horry too. And at 8th you might end up wit Joe Alexanders of the world. It's a crap shoot as usual, so no need to throw fits that we're winning.

Return to Orlando Magic