ImageImageImageImage

Game Thread: Phoenix Suns vs Orlando Magic Friday March 4th....

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,630

Re: Game Thread: Phoenix Suns vs Orlando Magic Friday March 4th.... 

Post#701 » by SOUL » Sat Mar 5, 2016 12:58 pm

Ah yes, same posters follow the same script lol
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#702 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Mar 5, 2016 1:00 pm

Hate equally, elf and Vuc aren't taking us anywhere. Skiles either. Dipo or elf may be a 6th man, but not starters on a contender. Keep Mario and Gordon, maybe elf as a backup until/if he turns it around. Blow it up this summer rob.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,702

Post#703 » by Viper1500 » Sat Mar 5, 2016 1:26 pm

This is the first Magic game in years that I've missed on TV completely and thank god I did. What an embarrassment
407Junkie
Starter
And1: 603

Post#704 » by 407Junkie » Sat Mar 5, 2016 1:26 pm

premo321 wrote:
FFBlitzace wrote:To be fair, a lot of Ilyasova's FGAs were on missed tip ins (he was credited with 7 offensive rebounds). But even so, there's no legitimate reason for him to play more minutes than AG unless he's really playing well and AG is struggling mightily. I don't even know what AG supposedly did wrong tonight. I can't pinpoint anything that Skiles could have been so pissed out. He finished the game with 2 fouls, so it's hard to say foul trouble played any kind of significant role.

Im sure its because of charge in transition, same thing happened with aaron month ago IIRC and also once with hezonja on similar transition charge(altough refs cooked) and despite good games till that moment both times doghouse for them whole game. I guess he hates transition charges more than anything
If that's the case Tobias Harris would've never played under him.
FloridaHoosier
Starter
And1: 1,083

Post#705 » by FloridaHoosier » Sat Mar 5, 2016 3:29 pm

thelead wrote:
FloridaHoosier wrote:I think I'm going to go watch some people remodel a house of hunt for one.

the last five minutes are the only minutes worth watching on those shows... then again, that's more entertainment than the magic gave us tonight, so....

Absolutely, the before and after are my favorite parts.
"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure." "Try not to suck."
"I don't vibrate at that frequency." ~ Joe Maddon
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#706 » by Furinkazan » Sat Mar 5, 2016 4:02 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:ultimate chuckers team of misfit mascots
meanwhile Harris
17 ppg 50%fg 46% 3pt

but yeah it was a very good trade for us trading for a chucking cap space that we wont use because none will come here anyway

You're right, Harris would've lead us to the promise land! :crazy:

Not sure why people are overrating Harris now all of a sudden.

staying with the core would lead us to the promise land eventually isnt this what Henny the God and his suporters were preachin?

We spent some much time( AND I MEAN PLAYING TIME) to develop this guy just to throw a towel because he is just a top 50 player not top 10 and in top of that we got nothing in return.
premo321
Junior
And1: 132

Post#707 » by premo321 » Sat Mar 5, 2016 4:03 pm

407Junkie wrote:
premo321 wrote:
FFBlitzace wrote:To be fair, a lot of Ilyasova's FGAs were on missed tip ins (he was credited with 7 offensive rebounds). But even so, there's no legitimate reason for him to play more minutes than AG unless he's really playing well and AG is struggling mightily. I don't even know what AG supposedly did wrong tonight. I can't pinpoint anything that Skiles could have been so pissed out. He finished the game with 2 fouls, so it's hard to say foul trouble played any kind of significant role.

Im sure its because of charge in transition, same thing happened with aaron month ago IIRC and also once with hezonja on similar transition charge(altough refs cooked) and despite good games till that moment both times doghouse for them whole game. I guess he hates transition charges more than anything
If that's the case Tobias Harris would've never played under him.

You kinda leveled yourself here
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#708 » by Furinkazan » Sat Mar 5, 2016 4:04 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
zelenooq wrote:Skiles shouldn't bench all starters in 3Q
He should leave ag and hezonja in
We didn't score for 6,5 mins and didn't play bad

I didn't watch the game, but I usually agree with this. I'm all for the pulling a player out of the game if he makes mistakes thing, but I don't understand punishing someone that's playing well, it sends the wrong message, imo. I'm a guy that likes Skiles for the record, just never understood pulling all the players out.

and best comment so far ... "I didnt watch the game ":)
but ive got so much to say about it
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,120

Post#709 » by Dennis Reynolds » Sat Mar 5, 2016 4:17 pm

shinoff2183 wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Cmon...since when has he let facts get in the way of misguided skiles hate...if you filter out the name Skiles from his posts, he'd have like 3 posts in the past year and those say "coach" :lol:

the king of low hanging fruit and1's

Talking about Ilyasova in that post but you still mention Skiles. I guess you used :lol: to laugh at yourself for supporting Skiles for so long. I actually praised him after the last game.

Again do you watch the games? As was mentioned a few pages back, ersan had like 7 tips cant blame him to much. Honestly he wasnt bad on defense either IMO. I think this is one game we just lost, I also believe we missed victor, couldve been a game changer. As far as AG maybe he got hurt, sprained ankle, or something to that effect.

I didn't watch this game but he usually shoots too often,just like Smith. Skiles needs to hold people accountable for offense too.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 847

Post#710 » by axl_c_cool » Sat Mar 5, 2016 4:43 pm

Some understandable upset comments, but our core still have massive potential, the only one I'd trade is Vucevic and that if we got a good return.

Payton/Jennings
Oladipo/Fournier
Hezonja/defensive 3
Gordon/shooting forward
Defensive centre/scoring centre

That is the core to me, they have to let those guys play and work it all out. I don't like the long benching's for mistakes, 15mpg is not acceptable. A strong defensive centre and keeping vets to back up our guards is what we really need

FORMALLY LC MAGIC
Von Bismarck
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#711 » by Von Bismarck » Sat Mar 5, 2016 4:48 pm

Jennings core? He's been absolute trash for us so far.

I agree with the rest though.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#712 » by OrlandO » Sat Mar 5, 2016 4:53 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:ultimate chuckers team of misfit mascots
meanwhile Harris
17 ppg 50%fg 46% 3pt

but yeah it was a very good trade for us trading for a chucking cap space that we wont use because none will come here anyway

It will be disappointing if we don't upgrade our roster this summer with the money we created by dumping harris as that would prove to be a waste of an asset, but let's be real... he is not a 50% fg/44% 3pt shooter. He will level off to his usual solid overall fg% and below average to average 3pt shooting.
ORL_on_FIRE
Starter
And1: 1,849

Post#713 » by ORL_on_FIRE » Sat Mar 5, 2016 4:54 pm

Notice the ones complaining all the time are the ones that don't even watch the games. I never knew the type of following Orlando had online until I found this place... I probably would've been better off not knowing.

What are your expectations? Whatever they are lower them. Real Magic fans should know we aren't quite there yet. Even before this season started. Some of you like nothing about this team. What are you here for?
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Post#714 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Mar 5, 2016 5:42 pm

Tron Carter- wrote:Notice the ones complaining all the time are the ones that don't even watch the games. I never knew the type of following Orlando had online until I found this place... I probably would've been better off not knowing.

What are your expectations? Whatever they are lower them. Real Magic fans should know we aren't quite there yet. Even before this season started. Some of you like nothing about this team. What are you here for?

Didn't use to be this way around here but all of the losing has frustrated people to the point of what you see now on this forum.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#715 » by ezzzp » Sat Mar 5, 2016 6:17 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
The game was lost when Skiles sat EP for 7 minutes of the 2nd quarter and we went to our slow crappy motion offense. We couldn't break out of it from there.

Nah...

The game was tied at the end of the 1Q (29-29) EP played all of it. Skiles sat EP/Mario to begin the 2Q and they sat until the 5 minute mark - the score was (44-42).

In that 5 minute span to close out the half is when EP started to fall apart and Price began affecting hm - after missing a jump shot he thought he was fouled on, the following possession he gets the call but clanks both free throws badly...this is when Vuc visibly began to show frustration about not being able to stop Suns bigs. The score to close the half was (58-50).

Within the first two minutes of the second half:

• EP starts of the half by pounding the ball near the mid court line for most of the shot clock - with his defender standing a good 15 feet away, then screws up the screen and dumps the ball to Vuc who is forced to launch an off balance long two - that is partially blocked.
• Next possession he gets called for traveling after dribbling himself into the corner off an inbound pass
• He then bricked a long two with 20 seconds on the shot clock
• Next possession he makes a line drive kamikaze dive straight into 3 defenders - he missed badly
• He then stole mid court pass, but decided to go 1-1 vs Chandler (with a wide open Hezonja trailing him) and again missed badly
• He then makes lazy long pass over the mid court line that Price steals and takes for a dunk.

Skiles is forced to call a time out...the single digit lead has at this point ballooned to 17 within 2 minutes of the 2nd Half. The tempo and double digit lead was never lost by the Suns after that.

For the rest of the game Ronnie MF Price frustrates him and distorts the offense. I love EP, but he is not ready for a starting role if the Magic want to win games...which I guess doesn't really matter anymore.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#716 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Mar 5, 2016 6:35 pm

Tron Carter- wrote:Notice the ones complaining all the time are the ones that don't even watch the games. I never knew the type of following Orlando had online until I found this place... I probably would've been better off not knowing.

So "real" fans are okay with getting blown out at home by what may be the worst team in the NBA? Whatever you say dude lmao

ORL_on_FIRE
Starter

Post#717 » by ORL_on_FIRE » Sat Mar 5, 2016 6:38 pm

Zmill wrote:

So "real" fans are okay with getting blown out at home by what may be the worst team in the NBA? Whatever you say dude lmao

Who said that? Stop acting like people here still wouldn't be complaining even if we blew them out.

Kind of odd how you took offense to what I said don't you think?
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Re: RE: Re: Game Thread: Phoenix Suns vs Orlando Magic Friday March 4th.... 

Post#718 » by ezzzp » Sat Mar 5, 2016 6:51 pm

zuppafly wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Bensational wrote:Payton looked good tonight.

And most of those plays looked like they were off the Skiles script.

It's clear that Skiles doesn't run a system that gets the most out of Elf. And given that we're a losing team, it's a fair question to ask who exactly we are getting the most out of?

Payton looked good? He was ok in the first half, but maybe you and I saw two different games.

Within the first two minutes of the second half:

• EP starts of the half by pounding the ball near the mid court line for most of the shot clock - with his defender standing a good 15 feet away, then screws up the screen and dumps the ball to Vuc who is forced to launch an off balance long two - that is partially blocked.
• Next possession he gets called for traveling after dribbling himself into the corner off an inbound pass
• He then bricked a long two with 20 seconds on the shot clock
• Next possession he makes a line drive kamikaze dive straight into 3 defenders - and would you believe it - he missed badly
• He then stole a mid court pass, but decided to go 1-1 vs Chandler (with a wide open Hezonja trailing him) and again missed badly
• He then makes lazy long pass over the mid court line that Price steals and takes for a dunk.

Skiles is forced to call a time out...the single digit lead has at this point ballooned to 17 within 2 minutes of the 2nd Half. The tempo and double digit lead was never lost by the Suns after that.

But its Skiles' script?

The lovers and haters of Skiles are almost funny.
Yes, the execution was poor from the players (some more than others), but the sequence you describe comes after halftime where it's the coaching staff job to put the players in the position to execute plays correctly. Yes, EP dumped a big one starting the third, and yes it's also on Skiles and his coaching staff to have players execute so poorly. Training sessions happen for a reason, drawing and calling the correct plays at the right time is also the coach job. You are telling me that EP made all those stupid drives, taking those ill advised shots and those minutes where Phoenix trounced us and grew the lead to 20 were none of Skiles fault? Honestly?

But yeah, keep licking his balls because all fault of this ridiculous January/February is due to the roster having the worst players of the league.

Hell, by your posts if it wasn't Skiles those guys wouldn't even be d-leaguers! Skiles and his "take all 5 out" messages are flawless on the process.

Yesterday Skilled was really bad, Vuc had his worst game on a Magic uniform, Payton was good on the first half and bad on the second, Evan was horrible. Lots of blame to throw around and contrary to what Skiles lovers might think: it's his fault too.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I get the coach takes some responsibility, but lets not pretend that once Price began to frustrate EP to close out the half that didn't change the game. In the last 5 minutes of half when EP entered game it was a tie, at the end of the half Suns had 8 point lead. Then to start the 3Q, EP falls even further off a cliff...by the time Skiles pulls him 2 minutes in the Suns are up by 17.

- Is it Skiles' fault that:

EP dribbled an inbound pass into a corner? Even middle school kids know not to do that.
EP jacked up a 26ft jumper with 20 seconds on the clock...you really think Skiles game planned that?
EP drove 1 on 3 including two Suns bigs? no coach ever in history draws up that play
EP went 1on1 while Mario was wide open...have you ever heard a coach show a PG thats how to handle a fast break?

I could care less about Skiles, but why ignore the real reasons for the breakdown this game and many others. The Magic have a 21 year old point guard, who isn't very good offensively and more often than not defensively either. They also don't have a good defensive interior...plus 5 of the top 6 minute guys are still under 23 and the sixth is 25.

...sure Skiles hasn't exceeded expectations, and absolutely deserves some blame - but its a farce to say he is teaching them incorrectly how to play defense or how to execute an inbound pass etc.

...and btw those players prior to Skiles won 25, 23 and 20 games...so yea with or without him they were still not very good.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#719 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Mar 5, 2016 6:58 pm

Tron Carter- wrote:
Zmill wrote:

Who said that? Stop acting like people here still wouldn't be complaining even if we blew them out.

Why would I take offense to what you said? I watched the game. I'm pretty sure most here are "real" fans or they wouldn't be following the team. You think there are bandwagoners of the magic? Lmao

You being a glutton for punishment doesn't make me any less of a fan. Last night was a **** show.

ORL_on_FIRE
Starter

Post#720 » by ORL_on_FIRE » Sat Mar 5, 2016 7:08 pm

Zmill wrote:
Tron Carter- wrote:
Zmill wrote:

Why would I take offense to what you said? I watched the game. I'm pretty sure most here are "real" fans or they wouldn't be following the team. You think there are bandwagoners of the magic? Lmao

You being a glutton for punishment doesn't make me any less of a fan. Last night was a **** show.

Idk maybe because you went out of your way on your iPhone to respond to me? It had to of made you feel some type of way.

I'm not calling anyone a "fake" fan if that's what you're getting at.

But there are trolls here and it's easy to seperate them. As well as Mario has brought on quite a crowd of new fans from over sea's that may not understand where this team is at.

Clearly it was a **** show. Welcome to the NBA where kids that aren't old enough to rent a car yet are going to struggle during a 82 game season. Wow what a discovery! Let's gut the whole team they suck! Better yet why don't you coach Zmill!!

Return to Orlando Magic