ImageImageImageImage

OT: Seth Curry

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: OT: Seth Curry 

Post#21 » by Skin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:58 pm

OrlandO wrote:
Skin wrote:
OrlandO wrote:If Harvey can't shoot in the d-league what makes you think he can shoot in the NBA?

OK, you made me look up recent stats. He was doing better than that throughout the year. I think he is a gifted 3pt shooter. Maybe if he focuses on that in the pros, and doesn't try to do more like he does in the D League, then he can do what we need off the bench.

Seth was way better than Harvey though.

Well I haven't watched Harvey in the DL except for that one highlight video where he went off from 3... but it seems to me he is focusing on 3s in that league with over six 3pt attempts per game and well over eight 3pt attempts per36... just isn't very good at this point. I actually wanted Harvey to make the roster prior to the season so it's a little disappointing that he's struggling with his shot in a league where it's pretty easy for scorers to score.

Harvey gon prove ya'll wrong! :wink:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
ORL_on_FIRE
Starter
And1: 1,849

Post#22 » by ORL_on_FIRE » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:24 am

Personally I don't think he's that good.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,629

Post#23 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:39 am

Well reality is showing he is... at least as a backup or third string PG which we seem to use (Jennings/Watson lineups frequently..)
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#24 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:44 am

This is rediculous. I know it has been a rough couple of years here but are you guys really crying over scraps like Seth Curry and Shabazz Napier?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#25 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:50 am

MagicFan101 wrote:This is rediculous. I know it has been a rough couple of years here but are you guys really crying over scraps like Seth Curry and Shabazz Napier?

Seth is proving to be better than any backup PG on our roster which has many people saying it's our weakest position.. so considering we had a very good shot at keeping him, I think it's a mistake that we let him go.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#26 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:51 am

If we get a decent backup in the offseason I won't give a **** though.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#27 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:51 am

SOUL wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:This is rediculous. I know it has been a rough couple of years here but are you guys really crying over scraps like Seth Curry and Shabazz Napier?

Seth is proving to be better than any backup PG on our roster which has many people saying it's our weakest position.. so considering we had a very good shot at keeping him, I think it's a mistake that we let him go.

Garbage stats on a garbage team in garbage minutes.

Seth is proving nothing.

Again, I know it has been a rough few years but you guys are better than this...
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#28 » by fendilim » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:54 am

Bette rvackup than Jennings? Maybe as a better shooter. But playmaking?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#29 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:58 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Seth is proving nothing.

Again, I know it has been a rough few years but you guys are better than this...

Kings are arguably as good as us.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#30 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:03 am

SOUL wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Seth is proving nothing.

Is that supposed to be an argument in your favor or mine?

We are the same roster that played bad enough to spawn Tobias Harris groupies...
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#31 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:05 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
SOUL wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Seth is proving nothing.

Is that supposed to be an argument in your favor or mine?

We are the same roster that played bad enough to spawn Tobias Harris groupies...

I'm saying we have players that can be putting up garbage stats on a garbage team in "garbage minutes" off the bench they aren't .. or are (Nicholson, Smith) etc and people here will argue til their face is blue that they aren't scrubs (whether it's true or not)..

all I'm saying is he's a serviceable backup in my opinion and we could've got him a friendly team deal, and for the style Skiles likes to run, he would sure be nice off the bench even if its for spot 10-20 minutes.
ORL_on_FIRE
Starter
And1: 1,849

Post#32 » by ORL_on_FIRE » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:18 am

He won't stay on the Kings.. He will opt out when he gets the chance.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Post#33 » by Bensational » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:33 am

Guys, c'mon...

He's obviously not ready yet.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Bensational » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:36 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Seth is proving nothing.

Seth is symbolic of what a lot of people on this board have failed to realise - opportunity is everything. He's been given an opportunity, and he's stepping up.

Our team refuses to give those opportunities to the right players.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#35 » by OrlandO » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:40 am

Tron Carter- wrote:He won't stay on the Kings.. He will opt out when he gets the chance.

which is this summer... if we really want him back we can overpay him to ride the bench.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#36 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:46 am

Bensational wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Seth is proving nothing.

Seth is symbolic of what a lot of people on this board have failed to realise - opportunity is everything. He's been given an opportunity, and he's stepping up.

These are professional basketball players in a 48 minute game where a given amount of shots are all but guaranteed for each team. Stats are naturally going to happen regardless of the talent.

History has countless examples of guys performing far above their talent in garbage minutes and failing to reproduce those results in meaningful minutes. But fans want the easy fix and refuse to let hard realities or facts get in the way of hope.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Bensational » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:38 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Bensational wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Seth is proving nothing.

These are professional basketball players in a 48 minute game where a given amount of shots are all but guaranteed for each team. Stats are naturally going to happen regardless of the talent.

History has countless examples of guys performing far above their talent in garbage minutes and failing to reproduce those results in meaningful minutes. But fans want the easy fix and refuse to let hard realities or facts get in the way of hope.

I honestly can't figure out what your point is here. What easy fix?

And how do you apply these same set of standards to our team? We've got a bunch of guys who have failed to consistently deliver in meaningful minutes for the 2nd/3rd season in a row now.
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#38 » by purpleswordfish » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:44 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Seth is proving nothing.

Kings have 33 wins this season, Magic have 35. By that logic, nothing any of the current Magic players are putting up is worthwhile, either.

Just playing devil's advocate.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,713

Post#39 » by thelead » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:08 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Bensational wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Seth is proving nothing.

Have you seen his percentages? Efficiency easily blows your argument out of the water.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#40 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:19 am

He looks like an NBA player which a few here said he couldn't be. Nobody thought Jeremy Lin was an NBA player until Linsanity either. Not a franchise changer, but looks a hell of a lot better than Napier.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414

Return to Orlando Magic