ImageImageImageImage

Magic Need To Offer D.Wade The Max!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Re: Magic Need To Offer D.Wade The Max! 

Post#41 » by drsd » Tue Jun 7, 2016 5:49 am

Howard Mass wrote:Dwayne Wade is an aging player who is injury prone.

Luring him is not going to convince LeBron to come here. In fact, many speculate that Wade's injuries were a big factor in LeBron going back to Cleveland.

I appreciate the suggestion but The Magic would be better off using this money on a front court and/or younger player.

Miami's requirement to hang on to Wade is crippling the Heat's growth. Wade is not an elite player. And he might not be playing basketball in 2 year's time. His notches surgeries are rapidly catching up to him.

shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#42 » by shadrock » Tue Jun 7, 2016 6:41 am

People around here get all uppity at the suggestion that we target a free agent who would provide a veteran leadership and experience, when the exact thing this team lacks is veteran leadership and experience.

smfh.
shadrock
Lead Assistant

Post#43 » by shadrock » Tue Jun 7, 2016 6:44 am

JF5 wrote:
Von Bismarck wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:The second post is pretty insane too. I can't believe people think Oladipo is as good as Dwayne Wade.

Ahahaha indeed!

Wade won the championship in his 3rd season, he averaged 27-6-7 if I'm not mistaken :D

lol, sarcasm aside the consensus is that Oladipo will most likely surpass Wade by next season. Its a waste of a signing.

Sure, when the only criteria you assess is talent, you are probably right.

I would argue that giving max money to a standout veteran presence would have more impact on this team than giving max money to a talent like Batum or Harrison Barnes. That's why I don't understand why so many people are not on board with us going hard at Noah. He is exactly what this team needs. Throw the money at a vet like Noah or Wade or heck even Paul Pierce. I don't care. That is something that will make Elf and Mario and AG and Vic all take huge strides forward. They need to be shown how to win and how to act when things get tough. That's invaluable.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,766

Post#44 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 6:47 am

shadrock wrote:People around here get all uppity at the suggestion that we target a free agent who would provide a veteran leadership and experience, when the exact thing this team lacks is veteran leadership and experience.

smfh.

You can add veteran leadership that won't be aging out of the league before we are ready to contend though. Wade has maybe 2 years left at a high level, and we won't be title contenders in that window. So why waste the money when it can be used on someone like Conley or Horford who bring the same stuff but are still in their prime?
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#45 » by darthcheech2000 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:05 am

I'm disappointed that none of you have suggested we trade for bosh, unless I missed it.

I'll get uncle Rico's time machine and we can go back to 2010

let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#46 » by Flannerz » Tue Jun 7, 2016 12:10 pm

rusoopE wrote:
Flannerz wrote:Image

Never got tired of this gif and always fits so well lol

I try and post it every chance I get! :D
shadrock
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by shadrock » Wed Jun 8, 2016 12:31 am

darthcheech2000 wrote:I'm disappointed that none of you have suggested we trade for bosh, unless I missed it.

I'll get uncle Rico's time machine and we can go back to 2010

Hes probably going to medically retire.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#48 » by T-Cat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:31 pm

In other news D.Wade to explore other options in free agency! I wonder if Rob's plan was to give LeBron and company their own dream team in Orlando?

I like how a lot of folks want C. Parsons on this team (who could not stay healthy) vs D. Wade (Who is a proven winner and can possibly bring other big names to Orlando, despite his age).

This franchise is NOT afraid to overspend to get to the next level, so get D.Wade and LeBron on board (with the plan to get CP3 and Melo in the future). Maybe Vucevic for Melo? (That's after we sign Wade and LeBron)

What do we have to lose?

C-Ibaka-Dedmon
PF-Melo-Gordon
SF-James-??
SG-Wade-Hezonja
PG-Payton-??
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#49 » by seeingstars » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:28 pm

T-Cat wrote:In other news D.Wade to explore other options in free agency! I wonder if Rob's plan was to give LeBron and company their own dream team in Orlando?

I like how a lot of folks want C. Parsons on this team (who could not stay healthy) vs D. Wade (Who is a proven winner and can possibly bring other big names to Orlando, despite his age).

This franchise is NOT afraid to overspend to get to the next level, so get D.Wade and LeBron on board (with the plan to get CP3 and Melo in the future). Maybe Vucevic for Melo? (That's after we sign Wade and LeBron)

What do we have to lose?

C-Ibaka-Dedmon
PF-Melo-Gordon
SF-James-??
SG-Wade-Hezonja
PG-Payton-??

This will bappen
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#50 » by Hilltop » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:52 pm

T-Cat wrote:In other news D.Wade to explore other options in free agency! I wonder if Rob's plan was to give LeBron and company their own dream team in Orlando?

What do we have to lose?

C-Ibaka-Dedmon
PF-Melo-Gordon
SF-James-??
SG-Wade-Hezonja
PG-Payton-??

True
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#51 » by rusoopE » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:58 pm

What do we have to lose?

C-Ibaka-Dedmon
PF-Melo-Gordon
SF-James-??
SG-Wade-Hezonja
PG-Payton-??

"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
T-Cat
Sixth Man

Post#52 » by T-Cat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:32 pm

rusoopE wrote:

What do we have to lose?

C-Ibaka-Dedmon
PF-Melo-Gordon
SF-James-??
SG-Wade-Hezonja
PG-Payton-??

Let's hear your ideas!
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#53 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:33 pm

this actually is a possibility now.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#54 » by glennathan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:41 pm

No it is not a possibility. It is not going to happen. Hennigan is not going to give a max contract to someone who cannot play a full season.

Sent from my SM-N910T using RealGM mobile app
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
zerp
Rookie
And1: 36

Post#55 » by zerp » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:43 pm

For fans : Durant James
Hennigan try De roozan Horford
Reality: Crawford and Barnes overpay
Go MAGIC
T-Cat
Sixth Man

Post#56 » by T-Cat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:23 pm

glennathan wrote:No it is not a possibility. It is not going to happen. Hennigan is not going to give a max contract to someone who cannot play a full season.

Good thing your not the GM! You mean to tell me you would not give D Wade the max and with his leverage to possibly get one of the games greatest player in LeBron to sign here for the max as well?

That's sort of the price we have to pay to get a guaranteed trip to the NBA Finals and then some!

With almost EVERY team having cap space for a max player, we have to be willing to do what most teams are not willing to possibly do...
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#57 » by glennathan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:06 pm

T-Cat wrote:
glennathan wrote:No it is not a possibility. It is not going to happen. Hennigan is not going to give a max contract to someone who cannot play a full season.

Good thing your not the GM! You mean to tell me you would not give D Wade the max and with his leverage to possibly get one of the games greatest player in LeBron to sign here for the max as well?

That's sort of the price we have to pay to get a guaranteed trip to the NBA Finals and then some!

With almost EVERY team having cap space for a max player, we have to be willing to do what most teams are not willing to possibly do...

Good thing you are not the GM! If you want to offer a max contract to an injury riddled player go right ahead. More power to you. There are other people who are completely healthy and can play all 82 games plus playoffs that can bring star power to Orlando... Does the name Durant mean anything to you? Either way Orlando is not getting Wade, James, Durant or anyone high caliber. Not a possibility and not going to happen.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Post#58 » by rusoopE » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:58 am

T-Cat wrote:
rusoopE wrote:

What do we have to lose?

C-Ibaka-Dedmon
PF-Melo-Gordon
SF-James-??
SG-Wade-Hezonja
PG-Payton-??

Let's hear your ideas!

Lebron aint going nowhere, melo and wade in orlando doesnt make the magic a contender, and offer a max contract to a 34 years old dude? wtf? And how do you expect to get melo who's on a huge contract? Vuc is earning 11m and melo 24,5m!!!!! its just not even possible (despite NYK would never trade melo for vuc), this aint 2k my friend.
My idea is to sign conley to a 2 years max contract (benefits both sides), move Payton to the bench to be our 6th man and signing a proven center like mahinmi to backup vuc. No need for parsons imo, AG needs to play over 30mins
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#59 » by Xatticus » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:09 am

Age is quickly catching up to Wade. Whatever money they throw at Wade is going to be bad money. The more he gets, the better it is for the Magic in the long-term.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,441

Post#60 » by Bensational » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:11 am

Wade would be awesome in a 6th man role during the regular season so he can stay fresh for the post season. He had a huge series against Toronto.

he wouldn't accept that or the money to make it worthwhile, either, IMO. But we're gonna need someone with his go to game once we reach the playoffs.

Return to Orlando Magic