ImageImageImageImage

minor question about the Orlando Summer League teams

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,325

minor question about the Orlando Summer League teams 

Post#1 » by Gant » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:33 pm

I saw the the Magic are sending out two squads in the league they host— a White team and a Blue team. What is the reason for this? It seems most franchises don't have enough real prospects to fill one team.

Is it to give players as many minutes as possible? To give young coaches more experience? Something else?

Thanks.
yeti_
Sophomore
And1: 92

Re: minor question about the Orlando Summer League teams 

Post#2 » by yeti_ » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:42 pm

Last year it was just to make an even number of teams for the league. I haven't seen what they're doing this year.
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#3 » by seeingstars » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Cant wait to see Zimmerman dominate and bring the championship back to Orlando!
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#4 » by Orlwillbeback » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:47 am

i thought it was a little embarassing how our real team played like **** and our scrub makeshift fill-in team almost won it all.
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#5 » by magicman112 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:12 am

Gant wrote:I saw the the Magic are sending out two squads in the league they host— a White team and a Blue team. What is the reason for this? It seems most franchises don't have enough real prospects to fill one team.

Is it to give players as many minutes as possible? To give young coaches more experience? Something else?

Thanks.

Last year I think it was Philly that pulled out so they made a 2nd team to fill the spot. This year idk maybe the same thing
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,828

Post#6 » by RookieStar » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:57 am

Orlwillbeback wrote:i thought it was a little embarassing how our real team played like **** and our scrub makeshift fill-in team almost won it all.

well.... guess which team didn't have guaranteed contracts?

Return to Orlando Magic