ImageImageImageImage

What now happens to Nikola Vucevic?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

orthoman
Senior
And1: 207

What now happens to Nikola Vucevic? 

Post#1 » by orthoman » Sat Jul 2, 2016 10:29 pm

Was wondering if Vucevic will be traded now that we've signed Biyombo and Ibaka.

Any chance of making a trade for Jimmy Butler?
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,015

Re: What now happens to Nikola Vucevic? 

Post#2 » by KillMonger » Sat Jul 2, 2016 10:31 pm

not likely, we stand pat with what we have then re-evaluate at the deadline.....no rush
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,263

Post#3 » by eyriq » Sat Jul 2, 2016 10:36 pm

First all-star appearance, representing Orlando. 3rd team All-NBA. Lead the league in double doubles.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#4 » by j-ragg » Sat Jul 2, 2016 10:37 pm

eyriq wrote:First all-star appearance, representing Orlando. 3rd team All-NBA. Lead the league in double doubles.

BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#5 » by Orlwillbeback » Sat Jul 2, 2016 10:37 pm

Traded hopefully
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#6 » by KillMonger » Sat Jul 2, 2016 10:51 pm

Orlwillbeback wrote:Traded hopefully

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,635

Post#7 » by SOUL » Sat Jul 2, 2016 10:54 pm

OKC utilizes their bigs with ease and gets praised for it, we have the potential to start the season with these three and its already a log jam that makes no sense.. funny.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#8 » by Max Power » Sat Jul 2, 2016 10:55 pm

I don't understand the Vuc hate, the guy was a throw in on the Howard deal and turned into a 20/10 guy, arguably having better seasons that his predecessor the last 2 years. No he didn't block 30 shots a game, so what. If you think Biyombos an upgrade wait till you watch him try to score in the post. Payton can't score, Gordon can't score yet. Ibaka isn't a threat to score a lot and Fournier isn't Kevin Durant. Gotta put the ball in the basket. No defenses pitch shutouts in the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
You look confused...let me fill you in.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#9 » by shadrock » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:00 pm

All im going to say is having too much talent and not being sure on how it all fits its a FAR better problem than not having enough talent. The possibilities for us to make a further trade and shape this team are very real now, and i feel we are closer than we have been since Dwight left to having a competitive team in Orlando.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#10 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:01 pm

Nothing. He stays and starts.
sportsrock37
Starter
And1: 233

Post#11 » by sportsrock37 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:02 pm

Gotta keep Vuc. Plenty of time to go around. The real question is what role was Jeff Green promised. I hope he's not taking many of Mario or AG's mins.

PF/C: Ibaka 32 mpg Vuc 28 mpg, Biz, 26 mpg, Gordon 10 mpg(at PF)
SF: Gordon 20 mpg, Mario 10 mpg
SG: Fournier 32 mpg, Mario 16 mpg
PG: Elf: 30 mpg, DJ 18 mpg.

You have 18 extra minutes to give to the combo of Green, Meeks, and CJ Watson. I'd expect Green gets most of those. You can also play Evan or Mario at PG in stretches or use those minutes to give Vuc, Biz, or AG/Mario more.

Having Green/Meeks/CJ allows us to handle the inevitable injuries/foul trouble that happens.
Florida Gator Alum
Orlando Magic
Atlanta Braves
Washington Redskins
Washington Capitals

@badamsufl
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#12 » by KillMonger » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:02 pm

Max Power wrote:I don't understand the Vuc hate, the guy was a throw in on the Howard deal and turned into a 20/10 guy, arguably having better seasons that his predecessor the last 2 years. No he didn't block 30 shots a game, so what. If you think Biyombos an upgrade wait till you watch him try to score in the post. Payton can't score, Gordon can't score yet. Ibaka isn't a threat to score a lot and Fournier isn't Kevin Durant. Gotta put the ball in the basket. No defenses pitch shutouts in the NBA.

gotta wait and see...the guys saying trade vuc is the usual suspects, soon as you see the username you pretty much know where they stand. Just let vogel and staff figure it out and if we got to make a deal at the deadline we will
tf407
Ballboy
And1: 4

Re: Re: What now happens to Nikola Vucevic? 

Post#13 » by tf407 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:02 pm

Max Power wrote:I don't understand the Vuc hate, the guy was a throw in on the Howard deal and turned into a 20/10 guy, arguably having better seasons that his predecessor the last 2 years. No he didn't block 30 shots a game, so what. If you think Biyombos an upgrade wait till you watch him try to score in the post. Payton can't score, Gordon can't score yet. Ibaka isn't a threat to score a lot and Fournier isn't Kevin Durant. Gotta put the ball in the basket. No defenses pitch shutouts in the NBA.

I agree with you but keep in mind if vuc were traded we can all agree it would be for a scorer or solid pg, in which case we wouldn't be losing the scoring output. Just transferring it to the back court

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Raider_MXD
Senior
And1: 75

Post#14 » by Raider_MXD » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:09 pm

Nothing I assume. Ibaka might just be a one year rental, and as far as Biyombo is concerned - a starting front court lineup consisting of him, Ibaka and Gordon is awful offensively. From my point of view Biyombo is the backup at PF and C as well as an insurance if Ibaka walks.
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#15 » by purpleswordfish » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:10 pm

I don't think anything changes. I think he's still the unquestioned starter at center for the Magic, Ibaka will start next to him and Biyombo will be the first big off the bench. Personally, I think the Magic will need Vucevic's scoring now more than ever considering moves made recently. In spot situations, mostly due to injuries, I could see Biyombo starting at 4 or 5. But, I think we're jumping to conclusions if we somehow think this signing means the Magic are going to trade Vucevic or bench him.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#16 » by The Effect » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:35 pm

Im praying he stays and is a mainstay on this team for a long long time, would hate to see him go somewhere else as i think hes one of the better offensive C in the league. Sure hes not a prime Dwight on defense, but sometimes having an offensive C is a huge advantage in this league
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#17 » by Max Power » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:36 pm

I hope we keep Nik, the guy has been the gem of the rebuild and deserves to feel it when things turn around here. Don't start Biyombo, he's a fad signing. An over pay based on potential. He'll be a great backup. I understand the possible trade effect here, Vuc can help us land a perimeter scorer, but at least one of the 4-5 spots need to be at least somewhat of an offensive threat. Ibaka is far from sure thing offensively.

You look confused...let me fill you in.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#18 » by KillMonger » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:44 pm

Max Power wrote:I hope we keep Nik, the guy has been the gem of the rebuild and deserves to feel it when things turn around here. Don't start Biyombo, he's a fad signing. An over pay based on potential. He'll be a great backup. I understand the possible trade effect here, Vuc can help us land a perimeter scorer, but at least one of the 4-5 spots need to be at least somewhat of an offensive threat. Ibaka is far from sure thing offensively.

i wouldn't say all that, it's hard to stand out when you have two MVP caliber players on your team who are such offensive talents. Maybe here he gets to show out a bit?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#19 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:46 pm

Vuc and Evan are our best scorers so we need them to get shots up. Idk why people keep saying we need to trade Vuc he is one of the best and skilled scoring bigs and we need his scoring. Now he can focus more on scoring what he does best. Rob is building a team to bring in guys that shore up the deficiencies of others players, its why its called a team.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
Incognito76
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#20 » by Incognito76 » Sat Jul 2, 2016 11:51 pm

I am sure he will stay and play between 25-31 min depending on match up. Unless we trade him to stud PG.

Return to Orlando Magic