ImageImageImageImage

Other Teams "Stealing" Our Arena Sounds

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,175

Other Teams "Stealing" Our Arena Sounds 

Post#1 » by Kent » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:50 am

I realize arena sounds aren't "trademarked" but does it bother you when other teams utilize those that are the same as ours?

For example, I'm watching the Spurs game and they played our "star charm" sound for a made free throw. That sound is as exclusive to the Magic as it gets, am I right?

And there was an opposing team during our last road trip that played -- multiple times, mind you -- the Steve Miller "Jungle Love" intro that sounds like lasers after made field goals.

They need to get their own sounds, you know?

Anyone have any other examples?
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,141

Re: Other Teams "Stealing" Our Arena Sounds 

Post#2 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:12 am

I watch international league pass so instead of commercials i get jumbotron feed. Almost every arena does the exact same stuff, multiple even have the old guy usher that dances crazy along with just about every other act and entertainment routine, all the same. I wonder if the entire league is manages by one organization that handles the sites and sounds.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#3 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:11 pm

I am sure the sound guys share their sounds with each other.

But, you doubt you would hear an Orlando Magic theme song played in Los Angeles.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,180

Post#4 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Yes i noticed too they stole our charm after the FTs. I think in the 30 for 30 movie that they did about Shaq and Penny someone was talking about how Boston came to Orlando and they had no idea what was going on with the sound and effects, apparently we were one of the first or the first to do it.
aka: prorl
ButchMcRae
Junior
And1: 167

Post#5 » by ButchMcRae » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:07 pm

When we were playing the Hawks in Atlanta all the song that they were playing were modern songs played by an Organ. Drove me crazy. So I would imagine it isn't all uniformed. I would agree that all the sound engineers do trade back and forth.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#6 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:10 pm

ButchMcRae wrote:When we were playing the Hawks in Atlanta all the song that they were playing were modern songs played by an Organ. Drove me crazy. So I would imagine it isn't all uniformed. I would agree that all the sound engineers do trade back and forth.

:lol: Lil Penny in your avi! That was Tyra Banks fool!
ButchMcRae
Junior
And1: 167

Post#7 » by ButchMcRae » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:19 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
ButchMcRae wrote:When we were playing the Hawks in Atlanta all the song that they were playing were modern songs played by an Organ. Drove me crazy. So I would imagine it isn't all uniformed. I would agree that all the sound engineers do trade back and forth.

:lol: Lil Penny in your avi! That was Tyra Banks fool!

Cant kill the classics!
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#8 » by PennytoShaq » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Our arena sounds are so lame and annoying. I would seriously much rather have none. Orlando seems like they try so hard to make it a family disney event and they play cheesy sounds every possession the entire game.

Watch the Celtics games and it's a lot less. Hell, I'd rather have a guy playing the organ like the Hawks.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#9 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:23 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:Our arena sounds are so lame and annoying. I would seriously much rather have none. Orlando seems like they try so hard to make it a family disney event and they play cheesy sounds every possession the entire game.

Watch the Celtics games and it's a lot less. Hell, I'd rather have a guy playing the organ like the Hawks.

The DJ, D Strong is getting annoying. The other night he was playing Oh baby - Justin Bieber during a timeout. :nonono: :crazy: :banghead: :curse:
magictime09
Junior
And1: 10

Post#10 » by magictime09 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:47 pm

I wonder how these things effect players and fans. I remember hearing the LA sounds during one final and theirs was on point. Every time the crowd died down they had lights and sounds to get them pumped up. They had good energetic music at all times. I noticed that Orlando still plays the superman theme even though we don't have Howard anymore. Do we have to pay the rights to the songs and sounds we play?
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#11 » by OrlandO » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:02 pm

magictime09 wrote:I noticed that Orlando still plays the superman theme even though we don't have Howard anymore.

That's for Rudez...

Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,253

Post#12 » by Statlanta » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Yeah I think it's mostly shared amongst the different arenas. I wonder what other things the Spurs would play for themselves after FTs(boots stomping, cartoonish gunshots?)

I know our stuff is corny but I think that's some of the appeal and in terms of authenticity we will still always have Star Wars before the 4th quarter and that B.o.B song after wins.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#13 » by EAS Law » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:39 pm

I noticed this for the first time with the Knicks at MSG. Is it hard to listen to in person? I always thought it was cooler than the usual cookie cutter garbage we have--like playing "Baby, baby, baby, ohhhhhhh" by the generational talent Justin Bieber. Gross.

Return to Orlando Magic