ImageImageImageImage

Game 29: Raptors @ Magic 6PM

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Re: Game 29: Raptors @ Magic 6PM 

Post#481 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:32 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
The other night Reggie Jackson completely lost his shoe and kept playing defense if not still allowing his guy to score, lol.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18258427

You see guys play on all the time. Must drive a coach mad to see a guy completely stop to fix a shoe in the middle of a defensive sequence. I bet vogel was annoyed as hell last night... we're getting crushed and then hezonja comes in with his shoe untied and forces coach to call a timeout because he's too busy tying it in the middle of an inbounds play. Total lack of awareness. So much for... "I'm motivated, and I'm ready" and "whenever coach calls me, I'm ready." He's looking way too comfortable filling the role of scrub player who only plays in garbage time. I was against it earlier, but I think it's time to send him to the d-league.

You do understand that nobody has " whenver coaches call my name " mentality in real life and that's just BS that players are told to say? That rael life does not works like that ? You ride bench for 15 games, you sit down on bench for 2 and half hours and you are asked to " earn min" by playing garbage time just because starters are getting blown out of building by other team.
Life is not NBA 2K when you put guy on bench forever and he gets in 100% motivated because you turned players emotions in option box down.
ALL players that ride a bench, who are not 36 years old vets who just collect money are frustrated by not playing. And when you have in that position 21 years old kid that didn't play serious basketball game for 2 months on lottery team you get this, guy that has horrific body language .

Being every pro coach Mario has ever played for forces him to ride the bench, Mario should be used to it by now.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie
And1: 349

Post#482 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:44 pm

I was at the game last night as I was at the LAC game. It's like watching two totally different teams out there within 5 calendar days. I like many of the Magic faithful tried to hold out till the end but ended up leaving early 4th Quarter. I took no pleasure in my call of a 32 win season in the off-season but I stood by it. I still stand by 32 wins but have to say this is ugly, frustrating basketball. I want 40 wins but it's just not going to happen. I absolutely do not think that Vogel is the answer. Starting Jeff Green and ruining Aaron Gordon by playing him at the 3 amounts to basketball coaching malpractice. Running Pick and Roll Sets with Biyombo as the roll man is also criminal. He can juggle the SL all he wants the players aren't playing defense for him and he sure as heck has them out of correct positions on offense. I don't know what the Henny firing will even accomplish in the near-term as we are 2 years out from seeing playoff basketball. He should have been cut loose two years ago so that we had a shot this year.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#483 » by tiderulz » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:46 pm

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:I was at the game last night as I was at the LAC game. It's like watching two totally different teams out there within 5 calendar days. I like many of the Magic faithful tried to hold out till the end but ended up leaving early 4th Quarter. I took no pleasure in my call of a 32 win season in the off-season but I stood by it. I still stand by 32 wins but have to say this is ugly, frustrating basketball. I want 40 wins but it's just not going to happen. I absolutely do not think that Vogel is the answer. Starting Jeff Green and ruining Aaron Gordon by playing him at the 3 amounts to basketball coaching malpractice. Running Pick and Roll Sets with Biyombo as the roll man is also criminal. He can juggle the SL all he wants the players aren't playing defense for him and he sure as heck has them out of correct positions on offense. I don't know what the Henny firing will even accomplish in the near-term as we are 2 years out from seeing playoff basketball. He should have been cut loose two years ago so that we had a shot this year.

cmon man :lol:
Mc-o
Veteran
And1: 1,507

Post#484 » by Mc-o » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:54 pm

tiderulz wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:I was at the game last night as I was at the LAC game. It's like watching two totally different teams out there within 5 calendar days. I like many of the Magic faithful tried to hold out till the end but ended up leaving early 4th Quarter. I took no pleasure in my call of a 32 win season in the off-season but I stood by it. I still stand by 32 wins but have to say this is ugly, frustrating basketball. I want 40 wins but it's just not going to happen. I absolutely do not think that Vogel is the answer. Starting Jeff Green and ruining Aaron Gordon by playing him at the 3 amounts to basketball coaching malpractice. Running Pick and Roll Sets with Biyombo as the roll man is also criminal. He can juggle the SL all he wants the players aren't playing defense for him and he sure as heck has them out of correct positions on offense. I don't know what the Henny firing will even accomplish in the near-term as we are 2 years out from seeing playoff basketball. He should have been cut loose two years ago so that we had a shot this year.

I dont think he is ruining AG but it is obvious that ag is much better offensively when he plays the 4.and our offense is alot better. If they committ to AG at the 4 i believe the team will be able to play better defense but would need time to get defensive chemistry. it will also get Payton back in the starting line up. Than we can trade Vooch or Ibaka to upgrade the SF position . Now i do think ag getting this experience will help him because it will make him more versatile .
SalamiNcheese
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,249

Post#485 » by SalamiNcheese » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:02 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
Laylabjays wrote:
Sakkreth wrote:
Ehh not here to make enemies. But yeah it will be enough to make ECF anyways.

No reasoning with that guy. Clearly gone off the deep end because Canada. #murica

No reasoning with me because he came in here and insulted our guards while blowing us out. Raps fans are great trolls, that's for sure. Also, I never said anything about being against Canada or that we're better, so you can follow him out.

Lowry is top 10 Player in league. Our coach plays him to the ground. He gives a lot more than scoring...

He dives for balls, gets gritty rebounds, he is physical and can turn it on both defensively and offensively when he wants to take control of a game. He is smart and gets his team going. The team goes with Lowry. You can not play derozan all game and the team is very similar. If Lowry out we have about the same record as your team.

Now imagine how you feel with the refs, thinking they are favoring us. We feel exact same every time we play CAVS. Our team is deep and much better than last year. So if you think we going to get knocked out by some 7th spot. There is no chance this year unless Lowry is hurt.

Also you made a comment about Powell being over rated and all he does is sit on the bench. I would rather have Powell over Payton. Powell plays Derozan position and Lowry usually eats up all the SG minutes when Derozan on bench. So how does powell get play time. He only gets time @ 3 when Carroll sits out. Coach hates powell but he is going to be one of our best players in years to come. So stay salty because BOTH Raptors and Orlando have same salaries and we have nothing but young talent that have upside.

Just wanted to add that in December Lowry averaging 23.6 PPG 55.8 FG% 3 pt FG% 58.7%

So yea I guess Lowry is ****.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#486 » by Gomagic44 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:03 pm

We are a sad franchise and I am about 2 years past flaming other teams fans. I just don't have the confidence

Beat the cavs in the playoffs please.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie

Post#487 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:03 pm

tiderulz wrote:

AG doesn't have the handle off the dribble to do it at the 3 just yet. He may be able to do so in time.
AG is a 4. Everyone on planet earth with exception to Vogel knows this.
Let the man play 4 build his confidence out there before 1) stunting his confidence 2) diminishing his trade value in the longer term. Zach Lowe and a few over pundits basically said the same thing I did about them ruining AG so I don't get what's so off base about that take
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#488 » by tiderulz » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:06 pm

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

AG doesn't have the handle off the dribble to do it at the 3 just yet. He may be able to do so in time.
Let the man play 4 build his confidence out there before 1) stunting his confidence 2) diminishing his trade value in the longer term. Zach Lowe and a few over pundits basically said the same thing I did about them ruining AG so I don't get what's so off base about that take

so playing Dipo out of position at PG ruined him? Playing AG at the 3 isnt going to ruin him. Zach Low? tell me a player he has ever coached or developed?
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie

Post#489 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:12 pm

Mc-o wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

I dont think he is ruining AG but it is obvious that ag is much better offensively when he plays the 4.and our offense is alot better. If they committ to AG at the 4 i believe the team will be able to play better defense but would need time to get defensive chemistry. it will also get Payton back in the starting line up. Than we can trade Vooch or Ibaka to upgrade the SF position . Now i do think ag getting this experience will help him because it will make him more versatile .

AG has potential at the 3 but isn't ready. If you want to "win" games play people in there natural spot and don't get weird. I have no problem with AG at the 3 in garbage time or if he was doing a second team thing because it's lower pressure but by trotting out mis-mosh lineups Vogel is diminishing trade value of other players because everything looks so darn bad out there.
T-DOT KEEZY
Rookie

Post#490 » by T-DOT KEEZY » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:14 pm

tiderulz wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

so playing Dipo out of position at PG ruined him? Playing AG at the 3 isnt going to ruin him. Zach Low? tell me a player he has ever coached or developed?

Are you serious?? Oladipo at the PG was an absolute waste of time. Dubbing AG a three that one day can be a PG type player is a waste of time. Gordon is a do a little bit of everything 4. Nothing more. Why set the guy up for failure and then trade him off for an "established" 3....lol
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#491 » by PennytoShaq » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:46 pm

I don't think it was a waste of time, I actually loved the idea. But it was a failure. No doubt about that. If Oladipo could have played PG, we would have been in incredible shape. It's one of those things where it was clear that Rob expected Victor to be able to do it, and he simply did not ever develop the skillset.

Gordon at 3 is not a failure yet, but I agree that to win now, the Magic need to either get a true scorer at PG or at SF.

Watching Valincunas outrebound Vuc and Co all night showed me that sliding Ibaka to 5 and Gordon to 4 is probably not going to result in a major net loss for rebounding like some are concerned about.

I have always thought we would trade Vuc and Gordon, Biz and Ibaka were our frontcourt. I actually really like that a lot and feel that it could be a fantastic move. Especially since Vuc is playing well and has a very good contract. I'd like to think that we could get a very good SF for him.
Catledge
Starter
And1: 834

Post#492 » by Catledge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:31 pm

Gordon looks like more and more of a SF to me each game, and I don't know why we would move Ibaka off the 4 when he is giving us all the benefits of a stretch-4 with none of the drawbacks.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,444

Post#493 » by Bensational » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:32 pm

AG is doing fine at the 3. If he'd had a stagnant season to date and not shown any improvement then there might be reason for concern, but he is improving.

If we want to expect more from any positions in particular it should be Fournier and Augustin. They're both experienced in their roles and they're given plenty of opportunity to be playmakers, but neither are capable of carrying an offense every night.

I'm gonna continue maintaining that we give all these guys more time to develop. Maybe it costs us the playoffs and maybe it costs us a high lottery pick, but I feel like they deserve until the allstar break at least before we make any definitive decisions that individuals and the team in general can't continue to improve.

We were supposed to be an offensively inept team this season and we've been on an offensive tear the past bunch of games. Just before that we were an elite defensive team. If we can get both those happening at the same time we should be a regular season competitor.

We'll still struggle in the playoffs without a guy who can take over the game, but we gotta take some baby steps first.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,444

Post#494 » by Bensational » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Catledge wrote:Gordon looks like more and more of a SF to me each game, and I don't know why we would move Ibaka off the 4 when he is giving us all the benefits of a stretch-4 with none of the drawbacks.

I don't understand why people can't see the improvement. Unless the improvement isn't rapid enough and they expected him to be Paul George this season? AG is definitely getting a better handle on the role as the season progresses.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,149

Post#495 » by Def Swami » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:21 am

Gordon at the 3 isn't the problem with this team. We never know what we're getting out of our guards on a night to night basis and that's the real issue.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#496 » by tiderulz » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:31 am

T-DOT KEEZY wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
T-DOT KEEZY wrote:

Are you serious?? Oladipo at the PG was an absolute waste of time. Dubbing AG a three that one day can be a PG type player is a waste of time. Gordon is a do a little bit of everything 4. Nothing more. Why set the guy up for failure and then trade him off for an "established" 3....lol

it wasnt a waste of time. He did improve his ball handling. and it didnt "ruin" him
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Post#497 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:50 am

Def Swami wrote:Gordon at the 3 isn't the problem with this team. We never know what we're getting out of our guards on a night to night basis and that's the real issue.

This right here folks.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Post#498 » by The Real Dalic » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:51 am

SalamiNcheese wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
Laylabjays wrote:
No reasoning with that guy. Clearly gone off the deep end because Canada. #murica

No reasoning with me because he came in here and insulted our guards while blowing us out. Raps fans are great trolls, that's for sure. Also, I never said anything about being against Canada or that we're better, so you can follow him out.

Lowry is top 10 Player in league. Our coach plays him to the ground. He gives a lot more than scoring...

He dives for balls, gets gritty rebounds, he is physical and can turn it on both defensively and offensively when he wants to take control of a game. He is smart and gets his team going. The team goes with Lowry. You can not play derozan all game and the team is very similar. If Lowry out we have about the same record as your team.

Now imagine how you feel with the refs, thinking they are favoring us. We feel exact same every time we play CAVS. Our team is deep and much better than last year. So if you think we going to get knocked out by some 7th spot. There is no chance this year unless Lowry is hurt.

Also you made a comment about Powell being over rated and all he does is sit on the bench. I would rather have Powell over Payton. Powell plays Derozan position and Lowry usually eats up all the SG minutes when Derozan on bench. So how does powell get play time. He only gets time @ 3 when Carroll sits out. Coach hates powell but he is going to be one of our best players in years to come. So stay salty because BOTH Raptors and Orlando have same salaries and we have nothing but young talent that have upside.

Just wanted to add that in December Lowry averaging 23.6 PPG 55.8 FG% 3 pt FG% 58.7%

So yea I guess Lowry is ****.

So then stop trying to convince me and enjoy all "young talent with upside" you guys have that we don't even though our entire team is pretty much under 25. Good luck in the playoffs!
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#499 » by ivDT » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:38 am

who moved your rock?

Return to Orlando Magic