ImageImageImageImage

Traveling for the Warriors v. Magic 1/22/16

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Jsilerio
Ballboy
And1: 2

Traveling for the Warriors v. Magic 1/22/16 

Post#1 » by Jsilerio » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:52 pm

I don't believe the game is sold out but I could be mistaken. Just wanted to know what's the best way to get tickets from the real fans of the team. Are scalpers around the stadium reliable? Get them at the box office? Or just grab them from online from 3rd party sites? Any insight is appreciated...
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Re: Traveling for the Warriors v. Magic 1/22/16 

Post#2 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Jsilerio wrote:I don't believe the game is sold out but I could be mistaken. Just wanted to know what's the best way to get tickets from the real fans of the team. Are scalpers around the stadium reliable? Get them at the box office? Or just grab them from online from 3rd party sites? Any insight is appreciated...

Go with Stubhub. Been using them for years, never had a problem.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#3 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Jsilerio wrote:I don't believe the game is sold out but I could be mistaken. Just wanted to know what's the best way to get tickets from the real fans of the team. Are scalpers around the stadium reliable? Get them at the box office? Or just grab them from online from 3rd party sites? Any insight is appreciated...

Stubhub is your best bet. Ive purchased tickets from scalpers in the past and haven't had any problems either so I guess whatever you're comfortable with.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#4 » by purpleswordfish » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Scalpers are always a huge roll of the dice from my experience. Never had anything shady happen, but sometimes there's a good amount of supply and other nights there's nearly none. Stubhub is my preferred method because I can check the site multiple times leading up to the game and oftentimes the closer you get to gametime, the better the pricing.
Jsilerio
Ballboy

Post#5 » by Jsilerio » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:39 pm

purpleswordfish wrote:Scalpers are always a huge roll of the dice from my experience. Never had anything shady happen, but sometimes there's a good amount of supply and other nights there's nearly none. Stubhub is my preferred method because I can check the site multiple times leading up to the game and oftentimes the closer you get to gametime, the better the pricing.

I've heard the price drops dramatically close to game time but never tried. I want to wait until the day of the game only thing is I am going with one other person. Anyone believe it will be sold out?
Jsilerio
Ballboy

Post#6 » by Jsilerio » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Also thanks everyone for the replies and insight.
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#7 » by purpleswordfish » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Jsilerio wrote:
purpleswordfish wrote:Scalpers are always a huge roll of the dice from my experience. Never had anything shady happen, but sometimes there's a good amount of supply and other nights there's nearly none. Stubhub is my preferred method because I can check the site multiple times leading up to the game and oftentimes the closer you get to gametime, the better the pricing.

I've heard the price drops dramatically close to game time but never tried. I want to wait until the day of the game only thing is I am going with one other person. Anyone believe it will be sold out?

From my experience, you're always going to have supply on Stubhub. There's always season ticket holders looking to unload tickets.
BCS
Sixth Man
And1: 675

Post#8 » by BCS » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Stubhub and Ticketmaster are your best bet, at least that's where I sell my season tickets.
Jsilerio
Ballboy

Post#9 » by Jsilerio » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Had a great time at the game yesterday. Beautiful arena and great atmosphere. If I travel more to Florida I will definitely be back to catch more action.
rusoopE
Sixth Man
And1: 678

Re: RE: Re: Traveling for the Warriors v. Magic 1/22/16 

Post#10 » by rusoopE » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Jsilerio wrote:Had a great time at the game yesterday. Beautiful arena and great atmosphere. If I travel more to Florida I will definitely be back to catch more action.

Well ofcourse you are a steph fan. Lol jk glad you enjoyed
"It's like 60 minutes on acid" - David Byrne

Vuc and Isaac supporter
Jsilerio
Ballboy

Re: RE: Re: Traveling for the Warriors v. Magic 1/22/16 

Post#11 » by Jsilerio » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:15 pm

rusoopE wrote:
Jsilerio wrote:Had a great time at the game yesterday. Beautiful arena and great atmosphere. If I travel more to Florida I will definitely be back to catch more action.

Well ofcourse you are a steph fan. Lol jk glad you enjoyed

Not even. Wore me a USA KD shirt but it's always Spurs first and foremost. Friend is a big Steph/Warriors fan and the arena was filled with blue/gold so we made the trip down from Jacksonville where she stays.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#12 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:51 pm

I wasn't online to see this thread yesterday so hope it all worked out for ya. Scalpers are the way to go for me. Usually, I show up right at gametime when they are desperate to unload tickets about half face value price. Then, I demand they follow me to the ticket booth to ensure I get thru safe. They are usually in groups of scalpers all working together, so that is not a problem for me.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Jsilerio
Ballboy

Post#13 » by Jsilerio » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:51 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

I wasn't online to see this thread yesterday so hope it all worked out for ya. Scalpers are the way to go for me. Usually, I show up right at gametime when they are desperate to unload tickets about half face value price. Then, I demand they follow me to the ticket booth to ensure I get thru safe. They are usually in groups of scalpers all working together, so that is not a problem for me.

I honestly wanted to go that route but since it was a highly scouted game I didn't want to take that chance being I had someone else with me. That method sounds like something I would do. I get these scalpers need to make a living too but I don't want to be taken advantage of.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#14 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Jsilerio wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I honestly wanted to go that route but since it was a highly scouted game I didn't want to take that chance being I had someone else with me. That method sounds like something I would do. I get these scalpers need to make a living too but I don't want to be taken advantage of.

I haggle and argue with them and sometimes give them the 10th degree (half jokingly) like I do to posters here. Thus, they are usually game to my demands. I have had some stand next to me until they scan my ticket to let me in. That is how aggressive I can be, lol.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic