ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread 2016 Volume VIII - Defense Wins Championships

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Re: Official Speculation Thread 2016 Volume VIII - Defense Wins Championships 

Post#1621 » by Statlanta » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Found this on the Charlotte board

Includes a list of all guards younger than 20 with greater than 15 minutes played ranked by Win Shares

I just found this interesting
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#1622 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:26 pm

OrlandoTill wrote:Found this on the Charlotte board

Includes a list of all guards younger than 20 with greater than 15 minutes played ranked by Win Shares

I just found this interesting

5th guy from a list. Future Hof :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#1623 » by DiplomaticMagic » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:44 am

Gomagic44 wrote:Yeah this has been my least favorite magic season I've ever followed.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Mine as well, It will be even worse if we don't get a top pick out of it. At least when we went 21-61, we got Dwight Howard out of it.

We also had the pleasure of watching T-Mac every night, there's absolutely no one on this team I really enjoy watching, individually and as a team.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Official Speculation Thread 2016 Volume VIII - Defense Wins Championships 

Post#1624 » by Gomagic44 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:49 am

I find the "wait out the season, give a diplomatic exit" thing pathetic too. Why does it take a bitchy player like Howard to get a gm(and coach) out the door but the worst stretch in franchise history deserves organic timing to occur.

I was talking to the owner of my restaurant, I mentioned I was a magic fan. This dudes a millionaire and he said "I quit following the team 3 years ago. I cancelled my season tickets 4 years ago. The Devos' are nice people, but they shouldn't be running a basketball team. Oh, and who's that greased hair guy? I don't like him."

Martins strikes again! Lol

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#1625 » by fendilim » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:00 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:Yeah this has been my least favorite magic season I've ever followed.

Mine as well, It will be even worse if we don't get a top pick out of it. At least when we went 21-61, we got Dwight Howard out of it.

We also had the pleasure of watching T-Mac every night, there's absolutely no one on this team I really enjoy watching, individually and as a team.

Unfortunately, this is true.

This team has been sooooo disappointing to watch.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#1626 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:12 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:

Mine too. And I didn't think it would get any worse after last season.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#1627 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Gomagic44 wrote:I find the "wait out the season, give a diplomatic exit" thing pathetic too. Why does it take a bitchy player like Howard to get a gm(and coach) out the door but the worst stretch in franchise history deserves organic timing to occur.

I was talking to the owner of my restaurant, I mentioned I was a magic fan. This dudes a millionaire and he said "I quit following the team 3 years ago. I cancelled my season tickets 4 years ago. The Devos' are nice people, but they shouldn't be running a basketball team. Oh, and who's that greased hair guy? I don't like him."

Martins strikes again! Lol

I'm tired of people dogging the Devos family. They're fine owners we need basketball minds running the team.

Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Mrrags009
Junior
And1: 34

Post#1628 » by Mrrags009 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:25 am

Rob should quit right now... Devin Booker (who wanted to play here ) just scored 70 points

Sent from my XT1650 using RealGM mobile app
Mrrags009
Junior
And1: 34

Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread 2016 Volume VIII - Defense Wins Championships 

Post#1629 » by Mrrags009 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:26 am

Mrrags009 wrote:Rob should quit right now... Devin Booker (who wanted to play here ) just scored 70 points

And they lost ...That's #goals

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Post#1630 » by Bensational » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 am

Mrrags009 wrote:Rob should quit right now... Devin Booker (who wanted to play here ) just scored 70 points

Daaaaaamn. Even though they lost, that's an impressive effort from any player.

Never mind, Rob traded for this guy this season:

PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#1631 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:47 am

Here I was impressed with Marios 6 point and 6 assist game than I look and see Booker scored 70.. What could have been :cry:
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,141

Re: RE: Re: Official Speculation Thread 2016 Volume VIII - Defense Wins Championships 

Post#1632 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:31 am

PrimeShaq wrote:Here I was impressed with Marios 6 point and 6 assist game than I look and see Booker scored 70.. What could have been :cry:

Last guy that begged us to draft him was....oh it was Booker. Before that? Penny.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#1633 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:38 am

Yea that 70 point game essentially sealed Rob's fate. Yea we've been unlucky but we've also blown several picks.

aka: prorl
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1634 » by pepe1991 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:41 am

PrimeShaq wrote:Here I was impressed with Marios 6 point and 6 assist game than I look and see Booker scored 70.. What could have been :cry:

Honestlly that 70 points game was such a joke. 40 FGA , 26 free trow attemps. He wasn't even hot from 3 point line ( 4-11 ). Just kept shooting like it's NBA 2 K career mode game.

Picking him over Hezonja ( Winslow, Johnson, Kaminsky, WSC and Mudiay for that matter too) , from retrospective is no brainer, but it actually says more about them than him. Boy is such a chucker. Last night he took 26 FGA, made 9. Played 40 min, despite fact that game was over midway through a third quater. So they just let him stay in a games , despite blowouts, and chuck as much shots as he wants. Suns are literally only team in NBA that would allow him or any other player to play that way ( no defense, 25 FGA on offense ,40 min, no restrictions,just pure chucking )
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Post#1635 » by Bensational » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:13 am

pepe1991 wrote:

Honestlly that 70 points game was such a joke. 40 FGA , 26 free trow attemps. He wasn't even hot from 3 point line ( 4-11 ). Just kept shooting like it's NBA 2 K career mode game.

Picking him over Hezonja ( Winslow, Johnson, Kaminsky, WSC and Mudiay for that matter too) , from retrospective is no brainer, but it actually says more about them than him. Boy is such a chucker. Last night he took 26 FGA, made 9. Played 40 min, despite fact that game was over midway through a third quater. So they just let him stay in a games , despite blowouts, and chuck as much shots as he wants. Suns are literally only team in NBA that would allow him or any other player to play that way ( no defense, 25 FGA on offense ,40 min, no restrictions,just pure chucking )

Agreed.

I think Booker has become massively overrated and this game will just inflate that.

He's a good scorer and he has the potential to grow into a legit star, but right now he's just a chucker with low %'s, low numbers (for his season averages) and no wins.

Brandon Jennings and Terence Ross at examples of guys who had big scoring nights early in their careers but it was no indicator they'd go on to be stars, as we've seen.

I also think Hezonja will grow to be a more valuable player than Booker. He has the potential to be for us what Turkoglu was for our Dwight teams. Booker, to me, has a ceiling of what Michael Redd was to his Buck's teams.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#1636 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:17 am

pepe1991 wrote:

Im not the biggest Booker fan, trust me. I think he is overrated but I would take him over Hezonja any day of the week. He has flaws in his game but I think he is one of the best young scorers in the league. 70 points is 70 points and if you gave Mario the same amount of FG attempts i'm not convinced he could score half of that at this point.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1637 » by pepe1991 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:20 am

PrimeShaq wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Im not the biggest Booker fan, trust me. I think he is overrated but I would take him over Hezonja any day of the week. He has flaws in his game but I think he is one of the best young scorers in the league. 70 points is 70 points and if you gave Mario the same amount of FG attempts i'm not convinced he could score half of that at this point.

I'm pretty sure that whole Magic team can't fool refs into 26 free trow attemps :lol:
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1638 » by pepe1991 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:23 am

Bensational wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Agreed.

I think Booker has become massively overrated and this game will just inflate that.

He's a good scorer and he has the potential to grow into a legit star, but right now he's just a chucker with low %'s, low numbers (for his season averages) and no wins.

Brandon Jennings and Terence Ross at examples of guys who had big scoring nights early in their careers but it was no indicator they'd go on to be stars, as we've seen.

I also think Hezonja will grow to be a more valuable player than Booker. He has the potential to be for us what Turkoglu was for our Dwight teams. Booker, to me, has a ceiling of what Michael Redd was to his Buck's teams.

Tyreke Evans was notorious chucker on start of his career,but even he wasn't taking 24 FGA. I can't remember when was last time somebody on this pathetic team like Suns are, took as much shots as Booker is taking right now. Kobe in 2005 ? But they were actually competitive becasuse of him. Suns are not competitive, they get blown away every game.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#1639 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:51 am

Bensational wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Agreed.

You are delusional if you prefer Mario. Booker is a bonafide NBA scorer even if his numbers are inflated because of his huge shot volume. Hedo was really good at basketball. What is Mario good at really? I'm still waiting to see a redeeming quality. He looks like an upgraded version of Rudez.

aka: prorl
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Post#1640 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:57 am

pepe1991 wrote:

Their coach also had Suns players intentionally fouling and calling timeouts to give Booker more opportunities to reach that 70 point mark... :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic