ImageImageImageImage

Game 58: San Antonio Spurs (42-13) @ Orlando Magic (21-36) - 7:00 PM ET

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

zelenooq
Pro Prospect
And1: 252

Re: Game 58: San Antonio Spurs (42-13) @ Orlando Magic (21-36) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#401 » by zelenooq » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:57 am

mario attack the rim 5 times and that is really good
he attack the rim more and more and improving finishing step by step
with better ballhandling he will be awesome
than confidence will come and shoot with it
i mean, use last shooting game and this attacking rim game and join it in one game
and it can only be improved
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,296

Post#402 » by pepe1991 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:03 pm

Skybox wrote:Trying to see positive things, but...Damn. I like having Watson on the team, even Green can have a role...but this starting #@*t at this point in the season? Are they going to re-sign Jeff Green? WTF is the objective? This is now a developmental season, why play old, unrestricted free agents so much? I understand that moving Gordon into PF against the Spurs is a bit much and he's our best shot on Kawhi...but why continue to mess with Elf? He's our best PG, he's young, he's playing more minutes anyway and he needs work. Even if you doubt EP is your future, why play Watson over him?..I want to be all in on Vogel but I'm just SMH/confused.

GM's tank, coaches recognize situation and develop players for next year, players fight to win no matter what...This team is almost the reverse. I felt like the Skiles year was a step backward in development of players confidence and team culture (at least in the second half). This doesn't feel much different.

I agree that Payton should start but he played like crap last night. He still got 30 min but didn't do much. I think that Vogel started Green at PF because of matchups, Green on Leonard would be suicide. Gordon and Hezonja acually contested most of Leonards shots, he is just too good. ON other hand Aldrige killed them because Green was on him, later Vučević.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,625

Post#403 » by Skybox » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Agree. The young guys aren't very good (yet?) and San Antonio will kill them...but throw them in anyway and let them take their lumps. I think telling them they're not good enough now (like Green and Watson are) is more damaging mentally than letting them play and, when they get killed, work on the team dynamics of what we could have done (tons of film work, nobody over 26 allowed in meeting :wink: )...Hezonja, Ross, Gordon, Evan, Payton, Biz need to run together. Vuc is trickier, because he's already solid and developed (and therefore frustrated). He might have to go - because he's the best guy on the team...just like Ibaka did. Wrong time for him to be stuck here. I love Vuc's game and his methodical, unstoppable, McHale-like fundamentals on offense - I say get as high a pick as you can for him and wish him the best.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,109

Post#404 » by tiderulz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:31 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:Not sure why everyone is complaining. We need to lose a lot of games the rest of this season. Embrace it.

I think most if not all are fine with the losing. I certainly am as it is clear we rushed this thing and need to start over. It's the embarrassing losses where the team shows no effort whatsoever that people are having trouble with.

Who cares? You guys want everything perfectly scripted. A hard fought loss every night? It doesn't work like that on losing teams. You have to hit rock bottom like Philly did. That's when you get your best draft picks.

Guys aren't going to give hardcore effort every night when the team has a record this bad. It's never worked that way.

people like Elf, Payton and Hezonja should, to prove they belong in the NBA
JAY DASH
Pro Prospect
And1: 455

Post#405 » by JAY DASH » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:06 pm

SOUL wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:I've been saying dd is better than Bismarck since we got him and I was laughed at....

I have a feeling Bismack would look better on SA than Dedmon here if the tables were turned. We just don't really know what we're doing.

If they were in the same tax bracket this would be a good point. Honestly Biz is doing pretty much what he did last season for Toronto, he's just being paid like a starter and that was a head scratcher from the beginning because we already had Vooch. There were a few teams that could have used Biz...we weren't one of those teams. Now he's getting paid big bucks to play one more minute per game than he played last year. That's just poor roster construction when you can get a Dedmon or a Willie Reed for pennies on the dollar to fill the same role.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#406 » by trebone » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:18 pm

I would give Rob a cookie if he could move Biz for an expiring contract
JAY DASH
Pro Prospect
And1: 455

Post#407 » by JAY DASH » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:21 pm

Not many thoughts on the game. It's the Spurs. We beat them earlier this season so there was zero chance they were going to slack off against us last night. Disappointed in Evan's performance more than anything. I like how we used Mario. Really didn't have any issues with the way he played either. The Spurs are the Spurs for a reason.
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#408 » by CraZyPraiZ » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:44 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
CraZyPraiZ wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
I didn't say 4 bigs.

He's obviously not playing any other position. He'd start right next to Aldrich.

You've misunderstood my comment. He'd fit in there because they wouldn't have to rely on him so much because they have much better players already. Vuc can just play a role.

You're 100% correct. I stand corrected. :)
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,179

Post#409 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:11 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:If Mario was the athlete they said he was, he would have dunked that.

Everything about him has been a disappointment. Not the uber athlete that was talked about. Not the sharpshooter that was expected.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,296

Post#410 » by pepe1991 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:If Mario was the athlete they said he was, he would have dunked that.

Everything about him has been a disappointment. Not the uber athlete that was talked about. Not the sharpshooter that was expected.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

He is crazy athletic but his ballhandling is holding him down. Athletic doesn't only mean jumping high, when he is in transition he is fastest man on the floor.

Shooting is tied with consistency of playing time ,hard to be solid shooter when you get DNPed for 1 mistake for 1 week so Jeff Green can play.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic