ImageImageImageImage

All the things I was wrong about this season...

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Re: All the things I was wrong about this season... 

Post#21 » by purpleswordfish » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:30 pm

- I thought Frank Vogel was going to make an impact as a coach with a roster that was lacking talent. I was expecting to see jumps from Payton, Gordon and Vucevic, as well. Seems like we really only saw discernible improvement from Vucevic (his defense has been sneaky good). Meanwhile, Gordon was stuck playing a position he has no business playing and Payton was bouncing in and out of the starting lineup. Vogel's rotations and lineups have been really questionable and I think that's something we can all agree upon.
- I thought Biyombo was going to thrive as a first big off the bench and the defense would be better considering we were building a team to be elite defensively. For a number of reasons, that just didn't ever come together. It looked better on paper than it did on the court, for sure.
- While I thought the Magic wouldn't make the playoffs, I certainly didn't envision them having a worse record this year than last season. The only thing that lessens that blow for me is that the draft is something to look forward to, but that's getting a bit old after 5 years out of the playoffs.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,141

Re: All the things I was wrong about this season... 

Post#22 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:07 pm

For me, everything as usual. Except this season I tried to just post my stuff on my own and tried not to reply to or engage anyone specifically with my terrible opinions. For those who have suffered through my terrible opinions innocently as you've scrolled through the threads, I apologize.

Maybe one day we will be good, maybe one day I'll be right. :-?

Return to Orlando Magic