ImageImageImageImage

With the 6th pick, the Orlando Magic, select...

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Re: With the 6th pick, the Orlando Magic, select... 

Post#1901 » by fendilim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:56 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:Ive got that feeling Tatum falls to us and we take him ....
and Im not happy about it

So Josh Jackson didn't work out with the Celtics? Any news if he worked out with the Magic?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#1902 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:00 am

I would do Gordon and 6# for KP, Knicks and 8# in second
Not only that you get far superior talent ,you only move 2 slots down and still will draft Monk, Frank, Lauri or Smith.

So you go into 2017-18 to test Payton and his value, use him as trade bait, you bring whoever you drafted slowly, you give Hezonja last chance and in FA you can actually offer somebody like Otto Porter a max because now your main core is athletic wing, athletic unicorn and whoever you drafted.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Post#1903 » by cedric76 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:28 am

fendilim wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
fendilim wrote:It goes down to who you'd pick at that time? WCS? Winslow? Stanley?

With KP out, Mario was the most logical choice at that time.

nope the most logic was to get a 3+D big like mr turner :-)
He wasn't on the radar at that time. There were red flags on the way he ran.

on your radar maybe but was on mine and many other GM
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,111

Post#1904 » by tiderulz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:48 am

Skin wrote:
Landshark wrote:Isaac shot 34.8% on threes on 2.8 attempts/game, took mostly assisted jump shots, and doesn't have NBA range. He has a lot of left/right misses, which according to DraftExpress, is because of "upper body stiffness."

DSJ shot 35.9% on on 4.8 attempts/game, took attempts with a higher degree of difficulty, created his own shots, and shot 40% on a relatively high volume of NBA threes.

Yet shooting is a big weakness for DSJ while Isaac is a modern floor-spacer. :dontknow:

Mad love for DSJ. I don't like comparing him to Isaac. Would be equally happy with either.

But the point you're making is a little weird. DSJ is a PG where shooting is MANDATORY. Fascination behind Isaac is with his development into a new age Center... a spot where 3pt shooting isn't mandatory, but rather cutting edge of the future.

I would be a lot more concerned about Isaac's shooting if he had bad form, a slow release or a bad FT%... but none of those things are true. It's crazy hard to find a guy who does what he does on defense with even the raw skills he has on offense. He's Nerlens Noel with offense.

...and to be fair, when people are talking about DSJ's shooting, they aren't necessarily calling him out for his range.

this is a good thing to think about. you cant and shouldnt compare DSJ to Isaac. they both bring different things. DSJ will be able to score and get his own shots and for others. Isaac will provide defense in a way that DSJ cannot, while at least being capable of outside shooting. they should both be judged for their individual merits, not how they compare to each other.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1905 » by tiderulz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:52 am

pepe1991 wrote:
orlando1214 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Post shot attemps not just percentages.

It shows the shot attempts. It's the FGA number under the percentage. It stands for "Field Goals Attempted", or basically shots taken.

Numbers don't really add up. Isaac took 89 threes but this chart shows 84, Smith Jr took 153 attemps but this only shows 151 . Not big difference but still.

btw how da hell you shoot 0% from central 3 point line. In general it's second easiest three after corner one.
Also Smith took 164 shot attemps more so it probably hurts his stats.
That's my biggest fear with Isaac in general, he was 3rd option on bad coached team. Maybe. Or maybe he is just that, third option on bad team right now. In small sample size he can add some stats but can he expend his game to the point where he is 15-20 ppg treat or he will be like Ibaka situation type a player who can't create anything for himself most of the time ?

how does taking more attempts "hurt" his stats? if he shot 40% on 20 shots or 200 shots, thats still 40%. if he shot 40% on 20 shots but 35% on 200 shots, that just means that his true shooting is more at 35% not 40%. more shots would provide a better baseline of his shooting accuracy
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1906 » by tiderulz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:55 am

fendilim wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
fendilim wrote:It goes down to who you'd pick at that time? WCS? Winslow? Stanley?

With KP out, Mario was the most logical choice at that time.

he should have been on the radar. And who cares about how he ran, just because it was different than most. just shows scouts dont know everything
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1907 » by tiderulz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:56 am

pepe1991 wrote:I would do Gordon and 6# for KP, Knicks and 8# in second
Not only that you get far superior talent ,you only move 2 slots down and still will draft Monk, Frank, Lauri or Smith.

So you go into 2017-18 to test Payton and his value, use him as trade bait, you bring whoever you drafted slowly, you give Hezonja last chance and in FA you can actually offer somebody like Otto Porter a max because now your main core is athletic wing, athletic unicorn and whoever you drafted.

KP + 8 to move up 2 spots? KP could get a top-3 pick by himself.
Orlando Tragic
Junior
And1: 87

Post#1908 » by Orlando Tragic » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I would do Gordon and 6# for KP, Knicks and 8# in second

KP + 8 to move up 2 spots? KP could get a top-3 pick by himself.

Throw in #25. :rock:
fendilim
RealGM

Post#1909 » by fendilim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:33 pm

tiderulz wrote:
fendilim wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

he should have been on the radar. And who cares about how he ran, just because it was different than most. just shows scouts dont know everything

It always easy to say in retrospect.

The guy that drafted Myles Turner, he traded Kawhi For George Hill.

Heck, even Poppovich wasnt even sure about trading for Kawhi.

The spurs also passed up drafting Manu until the latter picks of the draft.

Even the spurs passed on guys like Arenas (who was a superstar pre-injury).

There's no way to judge a player accurately 4-5 years down the line. But the general consensus was turner was a 2 year project. And Hezonja provided somethig we badly need. And it was his shooting. Its easy to connect the dots and see that Turner simply didnt fit the timeline considering that we wanted to win asap.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1910 » by tiderulz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:09 pm

fendilim wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
fendilim wrote:He wasn't on the radar at that time. There were red flags on the way he ran.

There's no way to judge a player accurately 4-5 years down the line. But the general consensus was turner was a 2 year project. And Hezonja provided somethig we badly need. And it was his shooting. Its easy to connect the dots and see that Turner simply didnt fit the timeline considering that we wanted to win asap.

i do agree that it is easy to look back. But that is what makes the difference between a professional scout and me sitting in my chair at home. and almost every Euro prospect needs a couple of years to adjust to the NBA game, so Hezonja wouldnt be an instant contributor either.
Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#1911 » by Truth24 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 pm

One more day fellas and it's all over, I'm still hoping for Tatum but I honestly don't know how it's going to turn out.
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#1912 » by Patrick1978 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Lauri markkanen from the university of arizona :lol:

Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Post#1913 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Truth24 wrote:One more day fellas and it's all over, I'm still hoping for Tatum but I honestly don't know how it's going to turn out.

I've got a feeling top 5 will go

Fultz
Ball
Tatum
Isaac
Jackson

Kings would be dumb to pass on Jackson for Fox since they could grab a PG at 10 with Monk or Frank... if they pass I'll be super pumped
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Re: RE: Re: With the 6th pick, the Orlando Magic, select... 

Post#1914 » by cedric76 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:12 pm

fendilim wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
fendilim wrote:He wasn't on the radar at that time. There were red flags on the way he ran.

You can check past threads in was pushing for magic to draft him and few other gm agreed (skin and Co)
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
Truth24
Starter
And1: 443

Post#1915 » by Truth24 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:36 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Truth24 wrote:One more day fellas and it's all over, I'm still hoping for Tatum but I honestly don't know how it's going to turn out.

Fultz
Ball
Tatum
Isaac
Jackson

Kings would be dumb to pass on Jackson for Fox since they could grab a PG at 10 with Monk or Frank... if they pass I'll be super pumped

True but with King ownership, you just never know how it could play out. If they are ensnared with Fox it doesn't matter who is available when they pick. Although I agree it would be dumb on there part to pass on Jackson.
fendilim
RealGM

Post#1916 » by fendilim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:43 pm

Truth24 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Fultz
Ball
Tatum
Isaac
Jackson

True but with King ownership, you just never know how it could play out. If they are ensnared with Fox it doesn't matter who is available when they pick. Although I agree it would be dumb on there part to pass on Jackson.
While I do know that the Kings have a poor draft record under Vivek, I am sure a Front office veteran like Scott Perry would play a key role in the draft.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#1917 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:31 pm

With Boston appearing ready to take Jayson Tatum due to JJ not working out for them, are we interested in leap frogging Phoenix for that #3 pick?

They take JJ, we take Tatum and make a swap with a sweetener tossed in.

Everyone is happy!
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#1918 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:33 pm

cedric76 wrote:
fendilim wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

I was also on the draft Turner #5 wagon. As draft drew closer and knew he wouldn't be picked, I grew to like Mario.
melasdas
Junior
And1: 302

Post#1919 » by melasdas » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Celtics are gonna pick Tatum. Suns could take Isaac?

Jackson declining workouts hahaha He hopes that teams dont see how bad is his shooting. He is falling and he is a perfect fit for us because we like to collect poor shooting players like he is. Payton, Jackson and Gordon in the starting lineup. Teams will be scared, trust me. Come with us Jackson, come on, we want to be the worst offensive time in this league.

:banghead: :banghead:

Regardless whoever fall to us, please, pick Smith. Please. Please. Please.

Please. :D
fendilim
RealGM

Post#1920 » by fendilim » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

I was also on the draft Turner #5 wagon. As draft drew closer and knew he wouldn't be picked, I grew to like Mario.

That draft was heartbreaking. Was on the KP bandwagon even the year prior, and to hear his name picked one pick earlier... damnnnnnnnnnn

Return to Orlando Magic