ImageImageImageImage

With the 25th pick, the Orlando Magic select....

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,475

Re: RE: Re: With the 25th pick, the Orlando Magic select.... 

Post#101 » by Bensational » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:40 am

TDJacksonville wrote:
Bensational wrote:With the 25, 33 and 35 picks, the names that interest me most that might be available are:

Patton, Giles, Adebayo, Rabb, Lydon, Evans, Bell, Motley, Swanigan, Dorsey, Dozier and Thornwell.

I like them all for a variety of reasons and would be happy with any 3 of those names, in any order.

What about sweet shooting Bolden. Good shooter and good stats. Stretch 4 who might work as a stretch 5 or play as a 3

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about him. Got any links to scouting reports or highlights of his?

I could probably add Tyler Dorsey to my list of guys I would be happy with in the 2nd round. I like him as a shooter who can make big shots and light up the scoreboard off the bench.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: With the 25th pick, the Orlando Magic select.... 

Post#102 » by TDJacksonville » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:46 am

Bensational wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:
Bensational wrote:With the 25, 33 and 35 picks, the names that interest me most that might be available are:

Patton, Giles, Adebayo, Rabb, Lydon, Evans, Bell, Motley, Swanigan, Dorsey, Dozier and Thornwell.

I like them all for a variety of reasons and would be happy with any 3 of those names, in any order.

What about sweet shooting Bolden. Good shooter and good stats. Stretch 4 who might work as a stretch 5 or play as a 3

I don't know anything about him. Got any links to scouting reports or highlights of his?

I could probably add Tyler Dorsey to my list of guys I would be happy with in the 2nd round. I like him as a shooter who can make big shots and light up the scoreboard off the bench.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jonah-bolden

#action=share

Looks like a solid new age big.

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,475

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: With the 25th pick, the Orlando Magic select.... 

Post#103 » by Bensational » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:04 am

TDJacksonville wrote:
Bensational wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:What about sweet shooting Bolden. Good shooter and good stats. Stretch 4 who might work as a stretch 5 or play as a 3

#action=share

Oh nice, I didn't realise he was Aussie and the son of Bruce Bolden! The name tipped me he might've been, but because I hadn't heard of him I didn't assume.

How come he isn't place on draftexpress? Is he likely to go undrafted? If so, I'd absolutely give him a summer league spot and see how he goes. But, that might just be my Aussie bias speaking. Then again, Hammond did bring in Thon and Delly in one year, so maybe I can finally have an Aussie to cheer for on the Magic!

I bet Utah or SAS give him a chance if nobody else. They love Aussies.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: With the 25th pick, the Orlando Magic select.... 

Post#104 » by TDJacksonville » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:09 am

Bensational wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:
Bensational wrote:

#action=share

Oh nice, I didn't realise he was Aussie and the son of Bruce Bolden! The name tipped me he might've been, but because I hadn't heard of him I didn't assume.

How come he isn't place on draftexpress? Is he likely to go undrafted? If so, I'd absolutely give him a summer league spot and see how he goes. But, that might just be my Aussie bias speaking. Then again, Hammond did bring in Thon and Delly in one year, so maybe I can finally have an Aussie to cheer for on the Magic!

I bet Utah or SAS give him a chance if nobody else. They love Aussies.

He is. They just don't have much recent stuff on him.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonah-Bolden-72870/

He seems to me a 2nd round lock. I think he could go late 1 at the earliest.

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,033

Re: With the 25th pick, the Orlando Magic select.... 

Post#105 » by KillMonger » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:22 am

Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#106 » by Patrick1978 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:49 am

Solid Snake wrote:

I am on board
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,680

Post#107 » by SOUL » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:43 am

What do you guys think about him with one of our later picks?
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#108 » by nymets1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:27 am

I've looked at every mock draft I can find if kostja Mushidi is on a mock draft, he's not. It be a waste to draft him when he's going undrafted. We can add him as undrafted free agent or at least get him on the summer league team.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#109 » by SOUL » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:15 pm

nymets1 wrote:I've looked at every mock draft I can find if kostja Mushidi is on a mock draft, he's not. It be a waste to draft him when he's going undrafted. We can add him as undrafted free agent or at least get him on the summer league team.

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

If he does go undrafted, that would be a decent coup. I've seen him anywhere from low 20's to 2nd round on a lot of mock drafts from YouTube people that do yearly draft things. To be honest, some of them are more dead-on with the picks than a lot of these guys that write mock drafts for Sports Illustrated or The Ringer or whatever. Only DX and a few others actually do some real research into these guys. I just think if you like somebody's talent, especially in the 2nd round, pick him. Especially since our new front office seems to want to draft really high upside guys. Chancing them being undrafted is dangerous.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#110 » by nymets1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:28 pm

I got a feeling this draft goes beyond the 60 drafted players. There will be a good amount of guys that go undrafted that won't be undrafted free agents for very long. I don't know if we sign any of them but I'm sure we will try to get them on our summer league team. I imagine the magic will be very aware of draft prospects that are about to undrafted and will try to jump on them as soon as the 60th pick is final.

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#111 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:28 pm

SOUL wrote:
nymets1 wrote:I've looked at every mock draft I can find if kostja Mushidi is on a mock draft, he's not. It be a waste to draft him when he's going undrafted. We can add him as undrafted free agent or at least get him on the summer league team.

If he does go undrafted, that would be a decent coup. I've seen him anywhere from low 20's to 2nd round on a lot of mock drafts from YouTube people that do yearly draft things. To be honest, some of them are more dead-on with the picks than a lot of these guys that write mock drafts for Sports Illustrated or The Ringer or whatever. Only DX and a few others actually do some real research into these guys. I just think if you like somebody's talent, especially in the 2nd round, pick him. Especially since our new front office seems to want to draft really high upside guys. Chancing them being undrafted is dangerous.

Height: 6'-5"
WIngspan: 7'-0"
Weight: 226lb

and still under 19 yo...

if he is in the draft... he is getting picked off of the eye test alone. Doubt that goes undrafted. Looking at the videos... he has handles... vision... and a decent stroke. I would totally take a flyer on him.

on another note... if that was our draft... i would be excited. Semi or Bell at #35 would be clutch.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#112 » by Xatticus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:31 pm

SOUL wrote:

I don't know much of anything about him, but you don't get invited to the Nike Hoop Summit unless you are a legit prospect. It looks like he has some skills in that video, but that's not nearly enough to really go on. You can tell by that flamboyant uniform that he has had a lot of scouts' eyes on him as well, given the number of NBA prospects on that roster the last couple years. If I really liked him, I certainly wouldn't rely on the hope that he slips through both rounds of the NBA draft.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#113 » by nymets1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:40 pm

But Kostja Mushidi hasn't got any hype in the draft so it seems he would go undrafted. Yes I would much rather take a flyer on Kostja than guys like Luke Kennard, Caleb Swanigan, Laurin Markannen, Tony Bradley but I think we can get Kostja undrafted. See my ideal draft for us would be:

6th- Isaac, DSJ or Ntilikina
25th-Jordan Bell( Hopefully he's available)
33.Jawuan Evans, Frank Mason or Frank Jackson
35. DJ Wilson, Thornwell, Dillon Brooks, Motley, Lydon

So I probably wouldn't draft Kostja over the guys I want at each pick.

nymets1
Head Coach

Post#114 » by nymets1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Well this is happens when a person mentions if I really like this draft prospect, I wouldn't chance him of going undrafted. Our senses need to try to slow down and try to find out is another NBA team have interest in drafting a guy like Kostja. If we are the only NBA team interested in drafting a guy like Kostja than it's easy to just back off and let him undrafted. I have not heard any NBA team mention the guy Kostja Mushidi so my senses are telling me he won't make the top 60 and go undrafted. But throughout the draft process there are smokescreens, misinformation, misleading stuff, etc. So can we tell the difference between smokescreens, misinformation, misleading stuff and what's real?

Guys like Jordan Bell, Frank Mason, Frank Jackson, Jawuan Evans, DJ Wilson, Tyler Lydon, Motley, Josh Hart, Dillon Brooks are not going undrafted so I wouldn't pass up any of these guys.

NBAchamps2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 336

Post#115 » by NBAchamps2017 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:34 am

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,022

Post#116 » by fendilim » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:59 am

Jawun evans seems likely to be a bust. I really doubt he can score over the bigs in the nba. He doesnt possess any scoring ability of IT.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,304

Post#117 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:28 am

SOUL wrote:

What do you guys think about him with one of our later picks?

Team he plays for has nice history with nba prospects: Jokić, Zubac, TLC and Celtics stash prospect dropped 35 on them :lol:

But this season in ABA league was one of worst ever in terms of talent, so i'm not sure how talented he is. I know lot of players that i view as scrubs who had some jaw dropping numbers this year there.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#118 » by SOUL » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 am

pepe1991 wrote:Team he plays for has nice history with nba prospects: Jokić, Zubac, TLC and Celtics stash prospect dropped 35 on them :lol:

But this season in ABA league was one of worst ever in terms of talent, so i'm not sure how talented he is. I know lot of players that i view as scrubs who had some jaw dropping numbers this year there.

Ah okay interesting. Well he took his name out of the draft today so he'll have another year to show what he has. Will be interesting to keep an eye on. First glance he looks like Lance Stephenson with a better shot/less crazy.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#119 » by SOUL » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:32 am

I want this guy at 25, but I think he'll be gone.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#120 » by Xatticus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:40 am

SOUL wrote:
I want this guy at 25, but I think he'll be gone.

I like him too. You just don't see many players his size with feet that quick. It's that combination that really impressed me about Porzingis. He has an impressive set of tools, but his production is a bit underwhelming. He isn't a good rebounder yet and his block and steal rates are underwhelming, but he looks active on defense and I think good coaching can get a lot more out of him. He needs to add some physicality, but he has already carved out a role on a solid team in the top league in Europe.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991

Return to Orlando Magic