ImageImageImageImage

Deal with Philly

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

T12
Junior
And1: 159

Re: Deal with Philly 

Post#181 » by T12 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Dude they gave up a top 5 pick next year for the difference between Fultz and Fox or Jackson or Tatum...That's potentially a first overall pick. Horrible trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#182 » by Darth Magic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:49 pm

T12 wrote:Dude they gave up a top 5 pick next year for the difference between Fultz and Fox or Jackson or Tatum...That's potentially a first overall pick. Horrible trade.

Fultz is the best player in the draft and a perfect fit for their team. They needed a scoring guard and apparently, the guard crop next year ain't too great. I love the trade for them. Fox is a bad fit and so is Jackson. Tatum is not as good as Fultz in my opinion. I don't get the hate.
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
T12
Junior

Post#183 » by T12 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Unless Fultz is the next AI..no.

T12
Junior

Post#184 » by T12 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:51 pm

My Philly fan friends hate it

Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#185 » by Xatticus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Darth Magic wrote:
T12 wrote:Philly sold the farm for Brendan Roy 2.0... Don't get it

Wait. They just gave up this year first and Lakers first next year or Sacramento's pick in 2019. how is that selling the farm. If I'm a Boston fan I'd be pretty upset right now that we didn't get enough.

If that pick falls between two and five next year (which seems probable at the moment), they will be able to draft a heck of a player next year as well. I think it's great value for Boston.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Jameerthefear
Starter
And1: 1,716

Re: RE: Re: Deal with Philly 

Post#186 » by Jameerthefear » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:05 pm

I mean, Brandon Roy was pretty good and you're saying they get an even better version of him...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
ralphie9898
Analyst
And1: 390

Post#187 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Darth Magic wrote:

Wait. They just gave up this year first and Lakers first next year or Sacramento's pick in 2019. how is that selling the farm. If I'm a Boston fan I'd be pretty upset right now that we didn't get enough.

I think both made out just fine. It is only a move down a few spots. Next year they very well could have two top five picks now and if not could get a lottery pick from Sacramento. Jackson isn't that far off from Fultz or Ball in terms of talent. Jackson very well also might be a much better fit as they have PG well stocked with Thomas and Smart and SG is ok with Bradley. Plus they save some cap space which I believe they needed a little bit more to sign Hayward. They also still have plenty of assets to make a deal for Jimmy Butler or Paul George without having to necessarily give up the Brooklyn pick they get next year. Plus there could still be more to this deal as it isn't official yet but anyway I would be just fine with this deal if I were a Boston fan.
Darth Magic
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#188 » by Darth Magic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:31 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:

I think both made out just fine. It is only a move down a few spots. Next year they very well could have two top five picks now and if not could get a lottery pick from Sacramento. Jackson isn't that far off from Fultz or Ball in terms of talent. Jackson very well also might be a much better fit as they have PG well stocked with Thomas and Smart and SG is ok with Bradley. Plus they save some cap space which I believe they needed a little bit more to sign Hayward. They also still have plenty of assets to make a deal for Jimmy Butler or Paul George without having to necessarily give up the Brooklyn pick they get next year. Plus there could still be more to this deal as it isn't official yet but anyway I would be just fine with this deal if I were a Boston fan.

Yeah. I think it's a win win. I really can't see how philly fans are upset at this.
"Real Gs move in silence; like lasagna" Jeff Weltman
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#189 » by Bakomagic » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Jameerthefear wrote:

I mean, Brandon Roy was pretty good and you're saying they get an even better version of him...

Roy seems like the best comparison and he was a helluva player at his peak.... only behind wade and Kobe at the SG. Sixers will come out great if he ends up a healthy Roy. Plus the reason you stack assets is to eventually consolidate. I mean they are already set at the both forward spots and Center, with fultz they can lock up a guard spot with an all star scorer/facilitator. Gives them great flexibility for filling their other guard spot. Just pick up a 3 and D guard at pg or SG.... pat Beverly type would be great and they are set.

How many picks does a team need anyway?
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#190 » by yoyojw17 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Jameerthefear wrote:

Brandon Roy is a great comparison.... probably a more athletic version. but people who are undervaluing him are forgetting how great a talent that he was.... his career was robbed by injury. I thought that there were 2 picks being sent along with the #3. But it seems like it's either Laker's pick (2-5 protected) or a phoenix pick the following year. That could be a very valuable pick.... BUT.... getting Fultz who is not only a superior talent... but also an absolute perfect pick for them is probably worth it. They are going to be rather exciting to watch next season. Depending on how much improvement the Laker's make (No use of them tanking this season) It could easily just be a late lottery pick.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#191 » by ralphie9898 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:56 pm

Darth Magic wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:

Yeah. I think it's a win win. I really can't see how philly fans are upset at this.

ok but you if you were a boston fan you would be upset? Yeah for now I agree with this post as it is a fair deal that looks like a win win deal. But only time can tell as The Boston/Brooklyn deal looked better(yeah that is not saying much) back when it was made but from our perspective Brooklyn got fleeced like few have been through the History of the NBA.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#192 » by fendilim » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:45 am

lol at philly getting the short end of the deal. at what point do you stop accumulating assets? They are trying to win now. Boston didn't need the number 1 pick either cause they have IT. Its a win win for both teams.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#193 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:36 am

fendilim wrote:lol at philly getting the short end of the deal. at what point do you stop accumulating assets? They are trying to win now. Boston didn't need the number 1 pick either cause they have IT. Its a win win for both teams.

But he is a free agent next summer. Now they have to decide whether or not they want to throw a max deal at him or not. And it might seem easy but he will be 29 yo... and still 5'-9" and a defensive liability. With fultz.... they might have missed out on a possible replacement. But as said.... only time will tell!
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#194 » by fendilim » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:57 am

yoyojw17 wrote:
fendilim wrote:lol at philly getting the short end of the deal. at what point do you stop accumulating assets? They are trying to win now. Boston didn't need the number 1 pick either cause they have IT. Its a win win for both teams.

But he is a free agent next summer. Now they have to decide whether or not they want to throw a max deal at him or not. And it might seem easy but he will be 29 yo... and still 5'-9" and a defensive liability. With fultz.... they might have missed out on a possible replacement. But as said.... only time will tell!

Well, it could also be the danny saw there is litte difference between josh and fultz.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#195 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:17 am

ralphie9898 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
6ersfolife wrote:Hey Guys... I wanted to amend my post. We are not trading our pick now. lol Just teasing. I really think you guys can still move to three with Boston...would you do it?

I doubt Boston is trading down to the 6th pick with Orlando outside the Magic giving up the farm as in AG and this years 1st for the 3rd pick type scenario. I prefer to just stick with picking 6th unless Boston would take the 6th pick and next years 1st as that is how much I like Jackson. He would be worth that.

No way to that last part. Our pick next year is still going to be pretty high and I am not giving up two high lottery picks just to move upa few spots for Jackson when I think Isaac isn't too far of from Jackson. Isaac has more risk but he has just as much of a ceiling if not higher one then Jackson. And we could add just as good of a player next year as anyone in this class. If I am the Magic I am not giving up draft picks unless they net us better draft pick or picks in return.

I don't think next years pick will be worse than 10th and I think Josh Jackson is definitely worth this years 6th and next years 10th at worst. Magic gonna start proving em all wrong!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Post#196 » by drsd » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:37 am

I think this is a great trade for both teams. The Process is now over in Phillyland. They can see what it all means. Boston gets long-term depth. That all of this is leveraged off of the Nets making a horrible win-now trade (with no actual wins) means this is all freebie for the Celts.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#197 » by ralphie9898 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:56 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
ralphie9898 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
I doubt Boston is trading down to the 6th pick with Orlando outside the Magic giving up the farm as in AG and this years 1st for the 3rd pick type scenario. I prefer to just stick with picking 6th unless Boston would take the 6th pick and next years 1st as that is how much I like Jackson. He would be worth that.

No way to that last part. Our pick next year is still going to be pretty high and I am not giving up two high lottery picks just to move upa few spots for Jackson when I think Isaac isn't too far of from Jackson. Isaac has more risk but he has just as much of a ceiling if not higher one then Jackson. And we could add just as good of a player next year as anyone in this class. If I am the Magic I am not giving up draft picks unless they net us better draft pick or picks in return.

I don't think next years pick will be worse than 10th and I think Josh Jackson is definitely worth this years 6th and next years 10th at worst. Magic gonna start proving em all wrong!!!

Yeah sure just like all the other times you have said that. sorry but even with Josh Jackson I wouldn't expect much improvement even if we make any at all. Our offense will likely still be bad as there are concerns about Jackson's shooting ability. And Gordon was just as good of a defensive prospect as Jackson was and Gordon didn't make our D much better. Sorry but no way am I trading a future first that could even better than this years. Josh Jackson is a good prospect but I don't think he is that good yet to improve us much as a rookie.
ralphie9898
Analyst

Post#198 » by ralphie9898 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:05 am

yoyojw17 wrote:

Yeah Thomas could leave but do you really expect he will. I doubt he leaves and they still have Smart as well as a bunch of assets that could get them a replacement for Thomas if he leaves but why would he. He is on a team that can already at least challenge Cleveland and has a very bright future and can also offer him more money. I think this is a win win trade and only time will tell how it fares. Yeah Fultz makes sense as a security option but if Thomas stays which is likely he could be sitting more on the bench then you would typically like for the #1 pick.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,001

Post#199 » by p0peye » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:46 am

Provided Embiid gets healthy from now on and they deal Okafor for a SG, Philly is ridiculously set. Great rebuild.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#200 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:07 pm

ralphie9898 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

Yeah Thomas could leave but do you really expect he will. I doubt he leaves and they still have Smart as well as a bunch of assets that could get them a replacement for Thomas if he leaves but why would he. He is on a team that can already at least challenge Cleveland and has a very bright future and can also offer him more money. I think this is a win win trade and only time will tell how it fares. Yeah Fultz makes sense as a security option but if Thomas stays which is likely he could be sitting more on the bench then you would typically like for the #1 pick.

I was going mainly off of the discussion where some people are weary about Isaac being a title contending PG given his size and defensive capabilities. But for sure I can see y they would want to keep him as the guy is an offensive machine.

And as fendilim said... they might not have had a huge separation between the two players.... while fit might have come more into play for philly!

Return to Orlando Magic