ImageImageImageImage

The Elfrid Payton/Aaron Gordon contract extension conundrum

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Re: The Elfrid Payton/Aaron Gordon contract extension conundrum 

Post#61 » by OrlandoNed » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:30 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:
fullrespect wrote:At least Marcus Smart plays harder. Payton can be a triple double machine, but his motor is the biggest problem here, not his shooting. Shooting can be mastered if there's hard work and will (anybody remembers 'ason Kidd?), but a weak motor is a deal breaker. (same problem with Drummond)

Another red flag is that he refuses to grow up and cut that hair. Obviously he would be better without it, he loves his ugly hair more than his game. There's no doubt in my mind that Payton is not a true professional. Not yet, but it may be already too late.

just out of curiosity, do you feel the same way about Harden's beard? That it makes him unprofessional?

Harden's beard isn't making contact with the ball when he shoots unlike Payton. Both Harden's beard and Payton's hair are disgusting, but only one of them affects it's owners job performance.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#62 » by fendilim » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:36 pm

I think between the two, the management should prioritize extending AG and risk it on Elfrid.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#63 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:47 pm

tiderulz wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:
fullrespect wrote:At least Marcus Smart plays harder. Payton can be a triple double machine, but his motor is the biggest problem here, not his shooting. Shooting can be mastered if there's hard work and will (anybody remembers 'ason Kidd?), but a weak motor is a deal breaker. (same problem with Drummond)

Another red flag is that he refuses to grow up and cut that hair. Obviously he would be better without it, he loves his ugly hair more than his game. There's no doubt in my mind that Payton is not a true professional. Not yet, but it may be already too late.

just out of curiosity, do you feel the same way about Harden's beard? That it makes him unprofessional?

hardens beard doesnt affect his shooting.

OrlandoNed wrote:Harden's beard isn't making contact with the ball when he shoots unlike Payton. Both Harden's beard and Payton's hair are disgusting, but only one of them affects it's owners job performance.

Fair points. I could be stubborn and demand an analysis determining the difference in his shooting between when the ball hits his air and when it doesn't, but I think it's pretty common sense that it would impact his shot when it makes contact. Heck, I used to get annoyed when I had sleeves and believed it impacted my shot, lol.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach

Post#64 » by OrlandoNed » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:58 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:

hardens beard doesnt affect his shooting.

OrlandoNed wrote:Harden's beard isn't making contact with the ball when he shoots unlike Payton. Both Harden's beard and Payton's hair are disgusting, but only one of them affects it's owners job performance.

Fair points. I could be stubborn and demand an analysis determining the difference in his shooting between when the ball hits his air and when it doesn't, but I think it's pretty common sense that it would impact his shot when it makes contact. Heck, I used to get annoyed when I had sleeves and believed it impacted my shot, lol.

Payton can have whatever kind of goofy haircut he wants as long as it's not hanging so far in front of his face touching the ball when he shoots.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#65 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:26 pm

fullrespect wrote:At least Marcus Smart flops harder. Payton can be a triple double machine, but his motor is the biggest problem here, not his shooting. Shooting can be mastered if there's hard work and will (anybody remembers 'ason Kidd?), but a weak motor is a deal breaker. (same problem with Drummond)

Fixed that for you bud.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#66 » by fendilim » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Lol. I actually thinkI'd take Smart over Payton. Smart can be really annoying to watch, but his defensive awareness is top notch.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach

Post#67 » by OrlandoNed » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:42 pm

fendilim wrote:Lol. I actually thinkI'd take Smart over Payton. Smart can be really annoying to watch, but his defensive awareness is top notch.

Better D and the same bricks we all love!
Jameerthefear
Starter
And1: 1,716

Post#68 » by Jameerthefear » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Lol at the thought of Marcus Smart being the main creator for a team. That would be an unmitigated disaster

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#69 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Jumping the shark.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
fullrespect
Ballboy
And1: 54

Post#70 » by fullrespect » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:01 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:

I think that Harden's beard is actually an asset - bothering defenders. Also, as stated by other guys before, doesn't affect his shooting form. Other than that, swag level is high on this one :D

Elfrid has to cut the crap - and by crap, I mean his hair. Fresh start: new haircut, new jersey number, new mentality.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach

Post#71 » by OrlandoNed » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:25 pm

Jameerthefear wrote:Lol at the thought of Marcus Smart being the main creator for a team. That would be an unmitigated disaster

We already have an unmitigated disaster on our hands, dude.
anothermagicfan
Junior
And1: 232

Post#72 » by anothermagicfan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Extend them asap. If they turn into stars we will get them on long term team friendly deals and become a Destination that free agents are wanting to go too. If they regress or have already reached there ceilings we will still be in the lottery so any salary cap saved would only be wasted on the Jeff greens of the world.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Re: RE: Re: The Elfrid Payton/Aaron Gordon contract extension conundrum 

Post#73 » by TDJacksonville » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:25 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
Jameerthefear wrote:Lol at the thought of Marcus Smart being the main creator for a team. That would be an unmitigated disaster

We already have an unmitigated disaster on our hands, dude.

The lack of talent and skill on this team

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by TDJacksonville » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:26 pm

anothermagicfan wrote:Extend them asap. If they turn into stars we will get them on long term team friendly deals and become a Destination that free agents are wanting to go too. If they regress or have already reached there ceilings we will still be in the lottery so any salary cap saved would only be wasted on the Jeff greens of the world.

Why spend money on crap that isn't good when u can save future cap

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,609

Post#75 » by SOUL » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:27 pm

TDJacksonville wrote:
anothermagicfan wrote:Extend them asap. If they turn into stars we will get them on long term team friendly deals and become a Destination that free agents are wanting to go too. If they regress or have already reached there ceilings we will still be in the lottery so any salary cap saved would only be wasted on the Jeff greens of the world.

Our roster is full of "crap". they're among the least crappy and still have good ceilings.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Elfrid Payton/Aaron Gordon contract extension conundrum 

Post#76 » by TDJacksonville » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:28 pm

SOUL wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:

Our roster is full of "crap". they're among the least crappy and still have good ceilings.
ceilings of roleplayers at best minus issac.

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,609

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Elfrid Payton/Aaron Gordon contract extension conundrum 

Post#77 » by SOUL » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:32 pm

TDJacksonville wrote:
SOUL wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:Why spend money on crap that isn't good when u can save future cap

I'm glad you know the futures of 21/23 year olds.. what's the winning lotto numbers? :wink:
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Elfrid Payton/Aaron Gordon contract extension conundrum 

Post#78 » by TDJacksonville » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:34 pm

SOUL wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:
SOUL wrote:

I'm glad you know the futures of 21/23 year olds.. what's the winning lotto numbers? :wink:
why would I tell u so I would have to split the winnings ;)

We should have hired Hinkie to rebuild us.

Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#79 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:53 pm

I would sign them both now before the season starts as they will improve and command more money next summer. They could always be traded later on as assets.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
mr2good
Senior
And1: 355

Post#80 » by mr2good » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:34 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I would sign them both now before the season starts as they will improve and command more money next summer. They could always be traded later on as assets.

I agree, especially if they give us a hometown discount.

Return to Orlando Magic