ImageImageImageImage

The Official Jalen Suggs Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,981

Re: The Official Jalen Suggs Thread 

Post#1541 » by MagicMatic » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:13 pm

Skin wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Skin wrote:Happy to hear your reply! Glad you agree that Suggs is not in this caliber as a player. These are the types of players who I think would take us into true contender levels. I didn't even bother to list guys like SGA, Luka, PG, Beal, etc who are on contenders but are untouchable or out of our timeline. Suggs isn't even in the top half of the league in terms of starting SG value. You even admitted that we would have to add multiple 1sts to get there.

I did throw a couple of pet cats in there in Vassell and Sharpe. I would trade Suggs for Vassell in a snap and if POR would give us Sharpe AND MORE, hell yeah I'd take that offer too (but that would never happen).

But the bottom line is you helped to prove my point. Suggs is not at this level. He doesn't have that value. Maybe one day he'll get there, and I'll give him credit if he does... but he's not there right now. Believe it or not, I've come a long ways from where I used to be on him. His improved play has changed my opinion on him. I think he could be a starting SG for a contender, but he would not be the 3rd option on one. Certainly not our #2 option. If he was a starting SG on a contender then we would probably have to need a star at PG. A 4th option is pretty much a solid role player on any contender. That's where I see him.

Look how fast those goalposts moved!

The list was “ who can we trade him for? Is he good enough to get any of these guys?”

to

Is Jalen Suggs better than any of these guys? And if not I’m proving my point for a guy I was 100% wrong about 1.5 seasons ago and now comparing him against multi time allstars && dudes 8 seasons into their careers.

I even gave you Vassell. I also don’t think he’s anywhere close to Suggs defensively. I watch the Spurs quite often. You willing to trade Suggs for fkn Sharpe tell me all I need to know about how you view defense or understand what he means to this teams identity to winning basketball games when he’s out.

I didn’t prove your point. You proved MY point. You are drawing ridiculous hypotheticals without basis of salary cap and deal framework saying Suggs doesn’t equal a list of allstars. Even Vassell is a year ahead of Suggs and their numbers were similar in year 3 even if you don’t adjust for defense.

And yeah, Franz has fallen off a cliff for us offensively in the last 6-8 games so it’s not as far fetched as you’d imagine to say Suggs is up there in level of importance. The team looks like **** when he’s not on the floor with the starters.

I got you so bad bro. You wanted to believe that Suggs was our 2nd best player a few posts ago and are already backtracking. You got mad when I said that Suggs wasn't a starting caliber SG on a true contender and when you proved me right, that he's not even in the top half of the league, instead of having a debate on the player you got all fussy trying to make this more a personal attack. I love posters like you who get all riled up so easily and turn to personal agendas instead of keeping to basketball talk when you start losing a debate. Trying to make a point about me being wrong in the past is too funny. I just said I don't care. I never claim to be perfect, but you trying to make it a thing just cracks me up. Besides, I've always been right in my opinion of him. Called out his weaknesses, noted his strengths, been honest about his value. Guys like you make it fun around here for sure. It's boring when people just feed 100% homerism into every post and stroke each other's egos while wearing Orlando Magic jersey's behind their keyboards. So thanks

Personal agendas? You are claiming Suggs is better suited as a sixth man and literally nobody here that has watched the last 20 games would agree with you unless they had an agenda.

How is it backtracking? You gave a list of players asking "who can we trade him for"? like it was even a good faith question and get mad when I say its a dumb question for paragraphs of reasons as to why. Then you say "HAHA GOTCHA" when I say you moved the goalposts in less than an hour of responding reframing the question to "who's better forget about all context, ages, contracts, and timeframes". :lol:

Suggs has been the second OR third best player in the last few weeks lol. Have you not been watching games? That isnt even a hot take bro.

Stop pretending to make arguments focusing on him as a reason as to why he's the prime target to upgrade because you lack the ability to think outside the box. What about point guard? What about Center? You literally came to a Jalen Suggs thread and said "I guess hes gotten better. I don't care if I was wrong, he'd win sixth man of the year if it were up to me" lmao. Like that isn't conceding that you were wrong then and wrong now.

Your previous argument was "we need a better shooter at SG to alleviate the fact that Fultz is a broken loser that cant shoot plzzz thx" and now that Suggs is shooting near 40% on volume your take is "hes a 6th man durrrr because he isnt Devin Booker in year 3 durrr" Spare me. :lol:

Hilarious to say I made anything about my previous post a personal attack... considering the post I'm currently responding to is anything but that exactly. See I can choose when to make things personal. I'll even add stupid pepe emoji's after every paragraph :wink:
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#1542 » by Skin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Skin wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Look how fast those goalposts moved!

The list was “ who can we trade him for? Is he good enough to get any of these guys?”

to

Is Jalen Suggs better than any of these guys? And if not I’m proving my point for a guy I was 100% wrong about 1.5 seasons ago and now comparing him against multi time allstars && dudes 8 seasons into their careers.

I even gave you Vassell. I also don’t think he’s anywhere close to Suggs defensively. I watch the Spurs quite often. You willing to trade Suggs for fkn Sharpe tell me all I need to know about how you view defense or understand what he means to this teams identity to winning basketball games when he’s out.

I didn’t prove your point. You proved MY point. You are drawing ridiculous hypotheticals without basis of salary cap and deal framework saying Suggs doesn’t equal a list of allstars. Even Vassell is a year ahead of Suggs and their numbers were similar in year 3 even if you don’t adjust for defense.

And yeah, Franz has fallen off a cliff for us offensively in the last 6-8 games so it’s not as far fetched as you’d imagine to say Suggs is up there in level of importance. The team looks like **** when he’s not on the floor with the starters.

I got you so bad bro. You wanted to believe that Suggs was our 2nd best player a few posts ago and are already backtracking. You got mad when I said that Suggs wasn't a starting caliber SG on a true contender and when you proved me right, that he's not even in the top half of the league, instead of having a debate on the player you got all fussy trying to make this more a personal attack. I love posters like you who get all riled up so easily and turn to personal agendas instead of keeping to basketball talk when you start losing a debate. Trying to make a point about me being wrong in the past is too funny. I just said I don't care. I never claim to be perfect, but you trying to make it a thing just cracks me up. Besides, I've always been right in my opinion of him. Called out his weaknesses, noted his strengths, been honest about his value. Guys like you make it fun around here for sure. It's boring when people just feed 100% homerism into every post and stroke each other's egos while wearing Orlando Magic jersey's behind their keyboards. So thanks

Personal agendas? You are claiming Suggs is better suited as a sixth man and literally nobody here that has watched the last 20 games would agree with you unless they had an agenda.

How is it backtracking? You gave a list of players asking "who can we trade him for"? like it was even a good faith question and get mad when I say its a dumb question for paragraphs of reasons as to why. Then you say "HAHA GOTCHA" when I say you moved the goalposts in less than an hour of responding reframing the question to "who's better forget about all context, ages, contracts, and timeframes". :lol:

Suggs has been the second OR third best player in the last few weeks lol. Have you not been watching games? That isnt even a hot take bro.

Stop pretending to make arguments focusing on him as a reason as to why he's the prime target to upgrade because you lack the ability to think outside the box. What about point guard? What about Center? You literally came to a Jalen Suggs thread and said "I guess hes gotten better. I don't care if I was wrong, he'd win sixth man of the year if it were up to me" lmao. Like that isn't conceding that you were wrong then and wrong now.

Your previous argument was "we need a better shooter at SG to alleviate the fact that Fultz is a broken loser that cant shoot plzzz thx" and now that Suggs is shooting near 40% on volume your take is "hes a 6th man durrrr because he isnt Devin Booker in year 3 durrr" Spare me. :lol:

Hilarious to say I made anything about my previous post a personal attack... considering the post I'm currently responding to is anything but that exactly. See I can choose when to make things personal. I'll even add stupid pepe emoji's after every paragraph :wink:

I said you make personal attacks. That was your first go to instinct and reply. Besides, a personal attack is not the same thing as having a personal agenda. Lol. I have none.

You're just flustered at this point. You think I'm mad? That's hilarious. You're the one boiling that I called you out for saying Suggs is our 2nd best player and are now backtracking trying to say that you only meant it in the last couple weeks. Don't talk bad about hot takes and then spit out the most ridiculous hot take of all. I get it. You love Suggs. Let's just agree that it's a dumb love because you can't even admit that he's in the top half of the league in terms of starting SGs. It ok bro. It's called being a fan.

I had a dumb love for Fultz and while he recovered some, he's not the future PG of this team that I once thought he could be. I ain't mad about it. He's a good teammate.

PG is the biggest need right now, but I don't see a clear upgrade over Black based on where our projected pick lands. There are shooters if we want one. I personally think C is a good option for us in the draft this year.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#1543 » by MagicMatic » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:14 pm

Skin wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Skin wrote:I got you so bad bro. You wanted to believe that Suggs was our 2nd best player a few posts ago and are already backtracking. You got mad when I said that Suggs wasn't a starting caliber SG on a true contender and when you proved me right, that he's not even in the top half of the league, instead of having a debate on the player you got all fussy trying to make this more a personal attack. I love posters like you who get all riled up so easily and turn to personal agendas instead of keeping to basketball talk when you start losing a debate. Trying to make a point about me being wrong in the past is too funny. I just said I don't care. I never claim to be perfect, but you trying to make it a thing just cracks me up. Besides, I've always been right in my opinion of him. Called out his weaknesses, noted his strengths, been honest about his value. Guys like you make it fun around here for sure. It's boring when people just feed 100% homerism into every post and stroke each other's egos while wearing Orlando Magic jersey's behind their keyboards. So thanks

I said you make personal attacks. That was your first go to instinct and reply. Besides, a personal attack is not the same thing as having a personal agenda. Lol. I have none.

You're just flustered at this point. You think I'm mad? That's hilarious. You're the one boiling that I called you out for saying Suggs is our 2nd best player and are now backtracking trying to say that you only meant it in the last couple weeks. Don't talk bad about hot takes and then spit out the most ridiculous hot take of all. I get it. You love Suggs. Let's just agree that it's a dumb love because you can't even admit that he's in the top half of the league in terms of starting SGs. It ok bro. It's called being a fan.

I had a dumb love for Fultz and while he recovered some, he's not the future PG of this team that I once thought he could be. I ain't mad about it. He's a good teammate.

PG is the biggest need right now, but I don't see a clear upgrade over Black based on where our projected pick lands. There are shooters if we want one. I personally think C is a good option for us in the draft this year.

Skin wrote: I love posters like you who get all riled up so easily and turn to personal agendas instead of keeping to basketball talk when you start losing a debate.

Not mad. Not upset. Not backtracking at all. I said what I said.

Suggs has been the second best player and won multiple vests voted on by this forum during that time. Yeah, thats not a real metric, but to argue he hasn't been in the conversation as the second best player at times as a hot take is wildly lacking awareness. It isn't a hot take and I think many people here would argue Franz has been in a real slump lately. It isn't even a scorching hot take. It's mild at best. Regardless... It doesnt matter. Has the team played better with him or without him in the starting lineup?

Is it hard not to like the fact that Orlando finally drafted and acquired a player that plays a shred of defense (arguably top 3 at his position) after years and years of watching Orlando teams of turnstiles and choir boys? Yeah I don't think thats a big ask and Im glad Suggs has developed into a player that matters on that side of the ball, instead of hoping Isaac doesn't take the night off or gets injured for months at a time. Not sure if thats being a delusional fan of a specific player as much as it's being glad the team has an identity and culture of some sort.

I'm merely commenting on the grenade of a take you threw a few pages ago claiming he's better suited as a sixth man because he doesn't measure up to league vets yet in year 3. Those goalposts seemed to move pretty quickly considering the same people said he was a bust a season ago. If they weren't making these qualifier statements they have been altogether silent about him and its probably in their best interest.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#1544 » by Bakomagic » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:47 pm

pepe1991 wrote:There is funny, yet very interesting article named " why facts don't change our mind" and it can be translated into this thread.
People don't like to change their mind because our mind is very subjective & we are very good at finding context to our claims, yet very poor at admitting mistakes & being wrong.
I'll link article, it's 8-10 -ish min read but it's really brilliant text especially part when subject of text were critiquing own answers, without knowing it's their own.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/27/why-facts-dont-change-our-minds

Ditto to Suggs or any other player, or any other topic really, it's part of our human nature, that's why we have politics who are split between two spectrums.

I thought Suggs sucked in rookie year and didn't see much of potential. He proved to be more than i expected, now i'll try to expend upon new founded information and allow facts to actually -change my mind about him.
Suggs is good player. He isn't playmaker, okey. But good nba player. Hopefully he can continue with good shooting and expend his game on offense further.

Peace.

That’s a great call Pepe, this is a huge issue with society.

Late/great comedian Patrice O’Neal, used to say “have your opinions, don’t let your opinions have you”
Skin
RealGM

Post#1545 » by Skin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:12 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Skin wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Skin wrote: I love posters like you who get all riled up so easily and turn to personal agendas instead of keeping to basketball talk when you start losing a debate.

Suggs has been the second best player and won multiple vests voted on by this forum during that time. Yeah, thats not a real metric, but to argue he hasn't been in the conversation as the second best player at times as a hot take is wildly lacking awareness. It isn't a hot take and I think many people here would argue Franz has been in a real slump lately. It isn't even a scorching hot take. It's mild at best. Regardless... It doesnt matter. Has the team played better with him or without him in the starting lineup?

Is it hard not to like the fact that Orlando finally drafted and acquired a player that plays a shred of defense (arguably top 3 at his position) after years and years of watching Orlando teams of turnstiles and choir boys? Yeah I don't think thats a big ask and Im glad Suggs has developed into a player that matters on that side of the ball, instead of hoping Isaac doesn't take the night off or gets injured for months at a time. Not sure if thats being a delusional fan of a specific player as much as it's being glad the team has an identity and culture of some sort.

I'm merely commenting on the grenade of a take you threw a few pages ago claiming he's better suited as a sixth man because he doesn't measure up to league vets yet in year 3. Those goalposts seemed to move pretty quickly considering the same people said he was a bust a season ago. If they weren't making these qualifier statements they have been altogether silent about him and its probably in their best interest.

I stick to the thought that I think he's a 6th man or at best a 4th option on a true contender. You can't change my mind. Only he can, by being more potent on offense. Maybe he'll grow into it one day and we will be contenders then, but we're not there yet.
Still the most fun Magic team we've had in years and that's exciting. Just calling it as I see it. Sorry that bothers you.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,633

Post#1546 » by Skybox » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:17 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Skybox wrote:
tiderulz wrote:what do you mean by "become a PG" in the NBA? and what is your definition of a "pure PG"?

Traditional PG skills...Chris Paul, Tyus Jones, John Stockton. Running an offense, primary ball handler most every time down, generally racking up assists and putting teammates in advantageous situations. People have talked about Suggs and AB "developing" those skills, but I'm thinking those types of instincts and vision are developed WAY before the NBA...certainly anything can be improved, but I don't think that kind of player comes out of nowhere...like a guy who's shooting improves over the summer could.

*Maybe not that big a deal as the traditional PG role has changed so much to include more scoring, but efficiently running PnR, keeping turnovers down, and getting good shots for others is certainly not obsolete. I'm not really coming up with examples of non-pjs who "become" PGs...more likely a lifelong PG finds he can't keep up in the NBA and adapts to a different role. PG is kind of a way of life :lol:

except basketball evolves. Patrick Ewing is a HOF'r, but would be a bench guy in today's NBA. Traditional PG skills means old school and that doesnt really work anymore, just like you dont build a team like the old days. You now dont need a PG to always be the primary ball handler, that falls to the best initiator, which could be any position. Jokic for example for Denver.

I get that. I mentioned that. I asked a question because I couldn't think of any examples of guys "developing" that skillset. I think it's more of an innate mindset, not something you drill.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#1547 » by MagicMatic » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:13 am

Skin wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Skin wrote:I said you make personal attacks. That was your first go to instinct and reply. Besides, a personal attack is not the same thing as having a personal agenda. Lol. I have none.

I stick to the thought that I think he's a 6th man or at best a 4th option on a true contender. You can't change my mind. Only he can, by being more potent on offense. Maybe he'll grow into it one day and we will be contenders then, but we're not there yet.
Still the most fun Magic team we've had in years and that's exciting. Just calling it as I see it. Sorry that bothers you.

Oh is that all?

You’ll reframe dying on your hill claiming he’s a 6th man when Orlando are contending for a championship by “being more potent” on offense?

What a brave stance you’ve taken.

Definitely calling it like you see it. Totally not trying to justify your bad takes.

Also, I did find your sig cute now that you’ve removed Fultz from the starting lineup and Jett Howard has replaced him with Suggs still coming off the bench. You’re living in fantasy land my guy.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,190

Post#1548 » by cedric76 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:32 am

tiderulz wrote:
Skybox wrote:
tiderulz wrote:what do you mean by "become a PG" in the NBA? and what is your definition of a "pure PG"?

Traditional PG skills...Chris Paul, Tyus Jones, John Stockton. Running an offense, primary ball handler most every time down, generally racking up assists and putting teammates in advantageous situations. People have talked about Suggs and AB "developing" those skills, but I'm thinking those types of instincts and vision are developed WAY before the NBA...certainly anything can be improved, but I don't think that kind of player comes out of nowhere...like a guy who's shooting improves over the summer could.

*Maybe not that big a deal as the traditional PG role has changed so much to include more scoring, but efficiently running PnR, keeping turnovers down, and getting good shots for others is certainly not obsolete. I'm not really coming up with examples of non-pjs who "become" PGs...more likely a lifelong PG finds he can't keep up in the NBA and adapts to a different role. PG is kind of a way of life :lol:

except basketball evolves. Patrick Ewing is a HOF'r, but would be a bench guy in today's NBA. Traditional PG skills means old school and that doesnt really work anymore, just like you dont build a team like the old days. You now dont need a PG to always be the primary ball handler, that falls to the best initiator, which could be any position. Jokic for example for Denver.

LOL at Ewing being a bench guy in today's NBA, you guys have been brainwashed :crazy: , a tough skilled player like Ewing would be great in this Soft era
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
Skin
RealGM

Post#1549 » by Skin » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:29 am

MagicMatic wrote:
Skin wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Oh is that all?

You’ll reframe dying on your hill claiming he’s a 6th man when Orlando are contending for a championship by “being more potent” on offense?

What a brave stance you’ve taken.

Definitely calling it like you see it. Totally not trying to justify your bad takes.

Also, I did find your sig cute now that you’ve removed Fultz from the starting lineup and Jett Howard has replaced him with Suggs still coming off the bench. You’re living in fantasy land my guy.

I call it like it is in the present. Not brave, just observant. If Suggs improves his offense or we get a star PG next to him, then maybe our team is elevated to real contenders. Fun as we are to watch, we're not there as is.

My sig is not ideal, but I would run it. It is fantasy because I only wish it would happen. I know it won't.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,112

Post#1550 » by tiderulz » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:49 am

cedric76 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Skybox wrote:

LOL at Ewing being a bench guy in today's NBA, you guys have been brainwashed :crazy: , a tough skilled player like Ewing would be great in this Soft era

Ewing would not be able to switch out on faster players, would limit space by not having shooting range. Yes, was a strong, skilled low post player, but that is old school play
Skybox
RealGM

Post#1551 » by Skybox » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:39 am

cedric76 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Ewing would be Embiid. He could shoot, block everything, he’d grab 15 rebs vs today’s Centers & PFs
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,638

Post#1552 » by SOUL » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:48 am

The Official Patrick Ewing Thread
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,509

Post#1553 » by jezzerinho » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:58 am

Get a room.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#1554 » by pepe1991 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:07 am

tiderulz wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:except basketball evolves. Patrick Ewing is a HOF'r, but would be a bench guy in today's NBA. Traditional PG skills means old school and that doesnt really work anymore, just like you dont build a team like the old days. You now dont need a PG to always be the primary ball handler, that falls to the best initiator, which could be any position. Jokic for example for Denver.

Ewing would not be able to switch out on faster players, would limit space by not having shooting range. Yes, was a strong, skilled low post player, but that is old school play

Because Jokic is switching on faster defenders at all?
Because Sabonis is ever actually doing anything on offense but hits people with his hip, than rolls his mediocre 6'9 -230 pounds onto a rim and scores?

Because Lopez nowdays ever switches on anybody ? Ditto to Vuc, Carter, Poeltl, Embiid, Kessler, Robinson, Porzingis or pretty much any nba center not named Chet Holmgren ( who is hardly a center) and Anthony Davis ( who hates playing center ).

This idea of "unplayable center" because once in a game he can't defend open space against guard, mostly abandoned by his teammate is ridicilous notion.
Sure, Lillard can't be guarded by Patrick Ewing 1 on 1 without help defense. But neither can any starting level PG, SG, SF,PF nor C. It's not like you will put some Gobert on him and think "well, that hole there is fixed, now let's see how we will guard Giannis, now Jordan is also unplayable, since he can't guard Giannis".

It's just pure nonsense.

Ewing was elite offensive player standing at 7 foot with whole toolbox on offense. Nowdays you have this nba midget centers like Adebayo & Sabonis without jumpshot , setting screens & rolling by just better spacing and are near unguardable.

Domas against us had 21 points, 14 rebounds , 8 assists. He has no mid range game, no 3 point range, he has no right hand (and people seems to always be suprised when he goes left, guy is left handed :noway: ), he can't even attack drive on smaller player. Yet he knows how to angle himself in rolls and uses his hips. Nothing else. Literally, guy has 2 offensvie moves + solid passing vision and in today's nba it's unguardable. Now imagine if he isn't 6'9 -230 but 7 foot and 250.

oh and he ( Domas) also is kind a meh on defense. So let's net get crazy.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM

Post#1555 » by Skybox » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:10 am

Bakomagic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:There is funny, yet very interesting article named " why facts don't change our mind" and it can be translated into this thread.
People don't like to change their mind because our mind is very subjective & we are very good at finding context to our claims, yet very poor at admitting mistakes & being wrong.
I'll link article, it's 8-10 -ish min read but it's really brilliant text especially part when subject of text were critiquing own answers, without knowing it's their own.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/27/why-facts-dont-change-our-minds

Ditto to Suggs or any other player, or any other topic really, it's part of our human nature, that's why we have politics who are split between two spectrums.

I thought Suggs sucked in rookie year and didn't see much of potential. He proved to be more than i expected, now i'll try to expend upon new founded information and allow facts to actually -change my mind about him.
Suggs is good player. He isn't playmaker, okey. But good nba player. Hopefully he can continue with good shooting and expend his game on offense further.

Peace.

That’s a great call Pepe, this is a huge issue with society.

Late/great comedian Patrice O’Neal, used to say “have your opinions, don’t let your opinions have you”

Yep…another, in a similar vein (may be a little off in wording but)…”People who are certain about complicated issues scare me”- Scott Adams (the Dilbert guy). New information should lead to new opinions being at least considered. People are combative and quick to dig in their heels when faced with new info. Ben Franklin’s form of friendly public discourse has largely vanished- especially where it’s needed most.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#1556 » by JoshuaPotter » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:40 pm

So where are we in this thread?

Back on task. Suggs deserves to start. Maybe even start at PG next season. Well see.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#1557 » by Skybox » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:13 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:So where are we in this thread?

Back on task. Suggs deserves to start. Maybe even start at PG next season. Well see.

If he's starting next to Harris, he's already at PG. I would argue that even if AB starts, Suggs will be more PG than AB (for now, at least). Suggs has a locked in starting spot, it's just a matter, IMO, of who comes in next to him and what labels are thrown around. BOS's backcourt is a great model...2 combo guards that can do everything well enough to complement their forwards. Suggs is capable, need another guy that can handle, create, shoot, score next to him...can't have everything, so I left elite defense out, but a guy like Murray could check ALL the boxes. Brogdon an older, more fragile but definitely obtainable lesser version.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,265

Post#1558 » by eyriq » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:16 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:So where are we in this thread?

I'm curious to see him scale up his usage and minutes.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#1559 » by Last Guardian » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:42 pm

On topic - Suggs is great. Can't ask for more other than increasing his time on the ball.

Off topic - Ewing being a backup today is one of if not the worst takes I have ever read. What C's are people watching today? They are no more athletic or bigger than they were 20-30 years ago. You read crap like this all over the internet...like some player in the 80's or 90's wouldn't be athletic enough for todays game...because Curry, Klay, Luka, Trae, Joker, Gobert, Towns etc. are just oozing athleticism.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#1560 » by JoshuaPotter » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:53 pm

Last Guardian wrote:On topic - Suggs is great. Can't ask for more other than increasing his time on the ball.

Off topic - Ewing being a backup today is one of if not the worst takes I have ever read. What C's are people watching today? They are no more athletic or bigger than they were 20-30 years ago. You read crap like this all over the internet...like some player in the 80's or 90's wouldn't be athletic enough for todays game...because Curry, Klay, Luka, Trae, Joker, Gobert, Towns etc. are just oozing athleticism.

This sounds fun.....let me try.....

On Topic - Suggs post all-star break has been behaving closer to the 3rd option we have been looking for. He just needs the time / freedom to make it work on offense since he is already doing all the little things on defense as part of his no 1 job.

Off topic - I have been going back and forth about certain players in the NBA and how they would compare and vice versa. I also think though that the 3-ball shooters are perhaps the best they have ever been. Kids have more or less figured it out and to an extend this might mean that the NBA has become less athletic as it values the 3-ball and has rules pertaining to easy offense creation.

Return to Orlando Magic