ImageImageImageImage

The Official Paolo Banchero Thread: 2022-2023 NBA Rookie of the Year

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Re: The Official Paolo Banchero Thread: 2022-2023 NBA Rookie of the Year 

Post#1621 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:49 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

BOOOOOOOOOOO another chose the easy mode...

The easy mode would be to go to Italy. They were hoping he show up for the 2024 Olympics for them. Paolo is going to have a hard time making that Olympic roster spot let alone thinking that it is an automatic gold medal for USA (which it’s not).

I respectully disagree with you.
Where he has better chance to win it ...with Italy or with top nba young players?
its like joining a superteam

and again BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,706

Post#1622 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:06 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:

BOOOOOOOOOOO another chose the easy mode...

The easy mode would be to go to Italy. They were hoping he show up for the 2024 Olympics for them. Paolo is going to have a hard time making that Olympic roster spot let alone thinking that it is an automatic gold medal for USA (which it’s not).

Where he has better chance to win it ...with Italy or with top nba young players?

He has to make the team. That’s the hardest part. There are a ton of great players that can take his place for the Olympic team. If he went to Italy it would be automatic. Now, as for winning the gold, that’s a team thing. They would have to step up.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#1623 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:16 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:The easy mode would be to go to Italy. They were hoping he show up for the 2024 Olympics for them. Paolo is going to have a hard time making that Olympic roster spot let alone thinking that it is an automatic gold medal for USA (which it’s not).

He has to make the team. That’s the hardest part. There are a ton of great players that can take his place for the Olympic team. If he went to Italy it would be automatic. Now, as for winning the gold, that’s a team thing. They would have to step up.

what you dont belive in Paolo?:D
btw
we are not talking about olimpics we are talking about world cup
and good showing on world cup and propably improvement in his 2nd year in the league will score him enough credit...to make the olympics team or at least give hima big chance to make it

In no reality you will convince me Italy has a better shot at winning WC or the Olypics while USA TEAM is an automatic contender in both

I just dont like how he
2022: draft night’s pics with Italy’s flag.
and says he will play for Italy...and then Grant Hill show up with an offer...

2023: plays at the world cup for USA…

its his decision doesnt mean I have to like it...and deasnt mean I cant have an oppinion
Im not Italian but I see it as a major betrayal...which shows me a bit of who he is
esp
after posing with italy flag and talking about joining national team
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,654

Post#1624 » by ogmagicfan » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:24 pm

As someone who has personal beef with Italy, I'm very happy to see he's not playing for them

Hopefully Paolo can recruit some players to the Magic
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,638

Post#1625 » by SOUL » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:25 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Yikes look at Paolo's instagram comments in his latest post lol.

He pissed off a lot of his Italian following

Doesn't take much for an Italian to be racist though :lol: - hope he's prepared for their BS

(I'm fully Italian, it can get ugly..)
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#1626 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:46 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:I respectully disagree with you.

what you dont belive in Paolo?:D
btw
we are not talking about olimpics we are talking about world cup
and good showing on world cup and propably improvement in his 2nd year in the league will score him enough credit...to make the olympics team or at least give hima big chance to make it

In no reality you will convince me Italy has a better shot at winning WC or the Olypics while USA TEAM is an automatic contender in both

I just dont like how he
2022: draft night’s pics with Italy’s flag.
and says he will play for Italy...and then Grant Hill show up with an offer...

2023: plays at the world cup for USA…

its his decision doesnt mean I have to like it...and deasnt mean I cant have an oppinion
Im not Italian but I see it as a major betrayal...which shows me a bit of who he is
esp
after posing with italy flag and talking about joining national team

I forgot they win metals at these games. For whatever reason I was thinking of this being a qualification for the Olympics.

I get what you’re saying. Remember this, Paolo was 16 years old when he made the decision because he couldn’t make the USA team. Italy tried recruiting him so early and worked to get him the passport. I believe he fully intended to play for the team and likely would if not for the pandemic. It turned out that was a foolish decision for him to make so young. Paolo is an American kid, playing for Italy doesn’t make sense for him.

I do get how you feel. He can easily do that to Orlando, tell us he’ll stay, then move on to another team. At least now we’re on notice. But to be honest, he tend to make good decisions and isn’t afraid to make the hard ones that works best for him. During his post interviews he had said he’ll make the decision after his rookie year. He did that. Think of it as childish talk and not so much trying to take advantage.

I am not trying to change how you feel, I just wanted to give you context and age of when the decision was made.

*Edit*
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#1627 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:01 pm

SOUL wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:Yikes look at Paolo's instagram comments in his latest post lol.

Doesn't take much for an Italian to be racist though :lol: - hope he's prepared for their BS

I took a peak at his post, and to be honest, if Paolo was smart, he wouldn’t hit the translation link. I doubt the kid can read Italian.

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,453

Post#1628 » by Bensational » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:07 pm

Hopefully Paolo becomes best friends with someone like Haliburton so we can recruit him down the line. Seems to be how it works for other super teams.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#1629 » by RookieStar » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:39 pm

Bensational wrote:Hopefully Paolo becomes best friends with someone like Haliburton so we can recruit him down the line. Seems to be how it works for other super teams.

Yup... hope Paolo does the recruiting AND NOT the one being recruited
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,018

Post#1630 » by KillMonger » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:14 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Bensational wrote:Hopefully Paolo becomes best friends with someone like Haliburton so we can recruit him down the line. Seems to be how it works for other super teams.

People need to get over this irrational fear man lol.....

Sent from the phone in my hands
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#1631 » by RookieStar » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:51 pm

KillMonger wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

People need to get over this irrational fear man lol.....

Sent from the phone in my hands

Excuse me? You are talking to Magic fans and posters my man! lol
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,654

Post#1632 » by ogmagicfan » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:18 am

SOUL wrote:

Being Ethiopian, & being well versed in history & their 2 failed attempts of colonialization on Ethiopia. I'm very aware lol
Ralof
Pro Prospect
And1: 508

Post#1633 » by Ralof » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:05 am

Don't take seriously anything you can read about Banchero/italian national team.

Our basketball president is a joke(as the national team coach,tbh),basically they immediately dumped him to save their "honor" and their jobs.

Banchero has no fault in this,and yes maybe he kept open door too long but is what any player does in that same situation,even players with much less status than him.

comments on his social ,lol,i don' think i have to tell you from which type of people come from :wink:
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#1634 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:57 pm

Paolo should’ve informed the Italian basketball federation he was going with Team USA. They gave him the passport, he was in Italy very recently, just a quick call or email to an official. It was a poor PR non-decision.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
CaptainFanchini
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#1635 » by CaptainFanchini » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:09 pm

Ralof wrote:Don't take seriously anything you can read about Banchero/italian national team.

Our basketball president is a joke(as the national team coach,tbh),basically they immediately dumped him to save their "honor" and their jobs.

Banchero has no fault in this,and yes maybe he kept open door too long but is what any player does in that same situation,even players with much less status than him.

comments on his social ,lol,i don' think i have to tell you from which type of people come from :wink:

Oh please ... always with this hatred towards Petrucci ... in some cases it's understandable, in this case I really don't understand ...

I don't think that Petrucci and Pozzecco made mistakes.
Basketball is my religion
CaptainFanchini
Veteran

Post#1636 » by CaptainFanchini » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:10 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Paolo should’ve informed the Italian basketball federation he was going with Team USA. They gave him the passport, he was in Italy very recently, just a quick call or email to an official. It was a poor PR non-decision.

Yea, he gave us hopes practically until a few days ago ...
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,265

Post#1637 » by eyriq » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:19 pm

Paolo damage control needs to include firing Mike Miller
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#1638 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:44 pm

eyriq wrote:Paolo damage control needs to include firing Mike Miller

Miller might have advised him to meet and Paolo didn't. Yeah, this isn't a good look. He owed them at least that much.

CaptainFanchini
Veteran

Post#1639 » by CaptainFanchini » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:25 pm

I think that Paolo and his entourage have underestimated the damage this move has done to his future merchandising over here.
Italy is one of the top market in Europe as far as basketball and NBA, and for sure from now his jersey, posters etc aren't going to be "a hit" in Milan or Rome ...
Ralof
Pro Prospect
And1: 508

Post#1640 » by Ralof » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:50 pm

eyriq wrote:Paolo damage control needs to include firing Mike Miller

there is no damage to control.

really guys,this is a small thing,almost nothing.

Return to Orlando Magic