ImageImageImageImage

The Official Paolo Banchero Thread: 2022-2023 NBA Rookie of the Year

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,783

Re: The Official Paolo Banchero Thread: 4x NBA Rookie of the Month 

Post#1581 » by Audi » Mon May 8, 2023 11:12 pm

Friendly reminder that xaticus stopped being a Magic fan because we drafted the ROY.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,706

Post#1582 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Mon May 8, 2023 11:20 pm

Audi wrote:Friendly reminder that xaticus stopped being a Magic fan because we drafted the ROY.

After all the players we drafted and how bad we have been why exactly was Paolo his breaking point?
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,362

Post#1583 » by Knightro » Tue May 9, 2023 12:03 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
Audi wrote:Friendly reminder that xaticus stopped being a Magic fan because we drafted the ROY.

After all the players we drafted and how bad we have been why exactly was Paolo his breaking point?

I liked Holmgren more than Banchero as prospect too, but to flat abandon a team you've rooted for that long is just so bizarre.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,265

Re: The Official Paolo Banchero Thread: 2022-2023 NBA Rookie of the Year 

Post#1584 » by eyriq » Tue May 9, 2023 1:05 am

I hope Paolo ends up better than Randle.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,362

Post#1585 » by Knightro » Tue May 9, 2023 1:26 am

eyriq wrote:I hope Paolo ends up better than Randle.

Paolo's a lot better at age 19/20 than Randle was.

Randle didn't break out in a meaningful way until Year 4 and didn't become a legit all-star until Year 7.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1586 » by eyriq » Tue May 9, 2023 2:01 am

Knightro wrote:

Paolo's a lot better at age 19/20 than Randle was.

Randle didn't break out in a meaningful way until Year 4 and didn't become a legit all-star until Year 7.
For sure.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#1587 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue May 9, 2023 3:41 pm

Gosh me too.

Reminder of the irony, we drafted someone better in year 1 and someone else way more efficient in year 2 then the entire 10 years prior.

WOW
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,018

Post#1588 » by KillMonger » Tue May 9, 2023 10:23 pm

What I love most about that Roy press conference was when he said.... "I told the guys in the group chat enjoy your time but let's get together and get in the gym and build chemistry" I'm paraphrasing but he said something to that effect..... I love that its paolo saying that.... You expect a vet saying something like that but it's our ROY.... He's got his priorities straight

Sent from the phone in my hands
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#1589 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue May 9, 2023 10:56 pm

KillMonger wrote:What I love most about that Roy press conference was when he said.... "I told the guys in the group chat enjoy your time but let's get together and get in the gym and build chemistry" I'm paraphrasing but he said something to that effect..... I love that its paolo saying that.... You expect a vet saying something like that but it's our ROY.... He's got his priorities straight

Sent from the phone in my hands

The most memorable to me is when asked about his personal goals next year, he said none. Only goal is to make the playoffs. That to me is a vet!!! He’s going to be a good vet for our rookies next season.

Question to anyone, were they any stories out there that talked about what the vets made Paolo and Caleb do this season? I would really like to hear about it.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Audi
Analyst

Post#1590 » by Audi » Fri May 19, 2023 7:16 pm

Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#1591 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Mon May 22, 2023 4:43 pm

Audi wrote:Image

Hopefully this is motivation for him to bring one here to Orlando!

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1592 » by eyriq » Mon May 22, 2023 6:10 pm

Read on Twitter
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#1593 » by RookieStar » Mon May 22, 2023 9:39 pm

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is that Melo? He is the Past and KD is the present? Huh I thought they were in the same generation...
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 768

Post#1594 » by CZ Eddie » Wed May 24, 2023 2:40 am

I can't tell who that is on the right but I suspect it might be someone from the Sonics??

I logged into the Twitter to read the comments and I saw this on Durant's page:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1

I saw a guy sitting on the park bench wearing these exact Air Jordans in mint condition.
He was in his early or mid 60's. He said I had beautiful dogs.
I told him I liked his shoes.
Keep your politics out of my sports
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#1595 » by Skin » Wed May 24, 2023 10:41 pm

Fun stuff, but to be fair. His guy Chet didn't play a single minute.

I think Paolo showed me something that I never noticed of him in college.... maybe I missed it, but his ball handling is "elite" for a big man. I knew he could move with the ball, but not to the degree that he showed this past season... making routine crossovers, behind the back dribbles, knifing his way to the rim... that was beautiful. His passing was a plus too, but I still think people are getting carried away thinking he is playmaker like Ben Simmons. He can find an open guy, but he doesn't have the eye of a playmaker. (ready for him to prove me wrong :D ) Can he be a Bam Adebayo/Julius Randle type passer? That'd be cool.

What we NEED from him is to be able to finish next season above the .300 mark from 3. Even getting to .333 would be a nice improvement.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Audi
Analyst

Post#1596 » by Audi » Thu May 25, 2023 1:53 am

Skin wrote:

I think Paolo showed me something that I never noticed of him in college.... maybe I missed it, but his ball handling is "elite" for a big man. I knew he could move with the ball, but not to the degree that he showed this past season... making routine crossovers, behind the back dribbles, knifing his way to the rim... that was beautiful. His passing was a plus too, but I still think people are getting carried away thinking he is playmaker like Ben Simmons. He can find an open guy, but he doesn't have the eye of a playmaker. (ready for him to prove me wrong :D ) Can he be a Bam Adebayo/Julius Randle type passer? That'd be cool.

What we NEED from him is to be able to finish next season above the .300 mark from 3. Even getting to .333 would be a nice improvement.

He’s got the playmaking juice, for sure. He’ll put it all together with some more experience.

I don’t think we need to worry about the 3pt%. That horrific Feb was an outlier and Paolo has said he was dealing with some neck issues. Turn that into an average shooting month for him and he’s back above 30% for the year, right?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,634

Post#1597 » by Skybox » Thu May 25, 2023 2:38 am

Audi wrote:
Skin wrote:

He’s got the playmaking juice, for sure. He’ll put it all together with some more experience.

I don’t think we need to worry about the 3pt%. That horrific Feb was an outlier and Paolo has said he was dealing with some neck issues. Turn that into an average shooting month for him and he’s back above 30% for the year, right?

Man, that's beautiful stuff and we know Franz has it too...I just have to imagine having TWO 40% guys in the backcourt confidently bombing 10 attempts per game off of that kind of big man :nod: Simons can play enough PG to get Paolo into his spots, then you've got Dick or Hawkins across the floor from him. Wow...really hoping Suggs' shooting continues to creep up. He just needs one or two spots where he fires with supreme confidence and we're rolling.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#1598 » by fendilim » Thu May 25, 2023 3:02 am

Well, I hope so too. I think both Franz and Paolo’s ceiling aren’t that high. So i think draft for high ceiling this draft is worth the risk.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,927

Post#1599 » by drsd » Thu May 25, 2023 2:33 pm

What I love about Banchero's game is that his stats easily translate to winning outcomes. As he gets more fouls against, the Magic get more wins-for.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#1600 » by RookieStar » Thu May 25, 2023 9:22 pm

What I love about Paolo?

The fact that we finally have that guy we can just give the ball to during crunch time and expect a positive outcome.

The fact that we finally have someone that gets calls and get to the line when driving to the hoop.

Return to Orlando Magic