ImageImageImageImage

"Jonathan is having a great summer."

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,052

Re: "Jonathan is having a great summer." 

Post#181 » by MagicMatic » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:12 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:He is an x factor when he's a available, same with Suggs. I think he is worth another vet min or up to $5m deal for one year but not more than that.

Suggs has missed 4 games this season and plays through injuries. Not even a close comparison.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,824

Post#182 » by thelead » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:46 pm

He missed an expected back to back game and the world is on fire over here :lol:
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#183 » by MagicMatic » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:06 pm

thelead wrote:He missed an expected back to back game and the world is on fire over here :lol:

He didn’t play against Washington and played 10 minutes against Indiana. Did he have the sniffles? Did he shatter against Indiana in all 10 minutes? Maybe those two blocks on Giannis will get him another huge deal.

Sorry Isaac is my latest target on this roster. It just sucks watching Orlando lose winnable games at home with nearly $40 million dollars rotting on the bench.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,824

Post#184 » by thelead » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:20 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
thelead wrote:He missed an expected back to back game and the world is on fire over here :lol:

He didn’t play against Washington and played 10 minutes against Indiana. Did he have the sniffles? Did he shatter against Indiana in all 10 minutes? Maybe those two blocks on Giannis will get him another huge deal.

Sorry Isaac is my latest target on this roster. It just sucks watching Orlando lose winnable games at home with nearly $40 million dollars rotting on the bench.

I’d keep him for ~$6-8 mil per (which aligns with a good bench player that plays limited minutes). That contract is what I think he’ll get moving forward if his health doesn’t improve. I’d love to say ‘let’s find his replacement’ but that’s just not realistic. What he brings, when healthy, is tough to find. Maybe we’ll get lucky in a future draft but that’s unlikely.
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 402

Post#185 » by The-Stallion70 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:58 am

MagicMatic wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:He is an x factor when he's a available, same with Suggs. I think he is worth another vet min or up to $5m deal for one year but not more than that.

Suggs has missed 4 games this season and plays through injuries. Not even a close comparison.

Suggs has played a total of 53 and 48 games his first two years and given that you comprise a one man cheering section for Suggs I find it odd that your criticism of Isaac can more or less be given to Suggs in the same way.

That and you miss my point that they are both x factors when they play but miss alot of games so yes it is a close comparison.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
The-Stallion70
Rookie

Re: 

Post#186 » by The-Stallion70 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:10 am

basketballRob wrote:If he makes it through the playoffs healthy, the Magic should offer him an extension. Something like 3 yrs $36m. He may take the extension to get the guaranteed money. Plus, he's been a part of his church for a long time, and his wife is from here.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app

No man he's missed way too much time and while his defense helps alot when he plays he's just not out there enough.

We just gave 3/39 to Cole who's one of our best players, he scores 15 ppg at a higher ts% than Franz and Paolo, giving a 3/36 deal as you suggest to a guy like Isaac is too much for a guy who scores 6 ppg and rarely available.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,746

Re: Re: 

Post#187 » by basketballRob » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:19 am

The-Stallion70 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:If he makes it through the playoffs healthy, the Magic should offer him an extension. Something like 3 yrs $36m. He may take the extension to get the guaranteed money. Plus, he's been a part of his church for a long time, and his wife is from here.

No man he's missed way too much time and while his defense helps alot when he plays he's just not out there enough.

We just gave 3/39 to Cole who's one of our best players, he scores 15 ppg at a higher ts% than Franz and Paolo, giving a 3/36 deal as you suggest to a guy like Isaac is too much for a guy who scores 6 ppg and rarely available.
Another team will give that to him. Isaac on the open market is worth more than Cole.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,308

Post#188 » by pepe1991 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:45 am

Sheer delusion....
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#189 » by MagicMatic » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:50 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Suggs has played a total of 53 and 48 games his first two years and given that you comprise a one man cheering section for Suggs I find it odd that your criticism of Isaac can more or less be given to Suggs in the same way.

That and you miss my point that they are both x factors when they play but miss alot of games so yes it is a close comparison.

I didn’t miss it. It wasn’t a point.

You don’t have to throw Suggs into every discussion regardless of if it makes sense.
kane0801
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#190 » by kane0801 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:59 pm

basketballRob wrote:Another team will give that to him. Isaac on the open market is worth more than Cole.

I doubt it,which team will give >13M to a player who are injury prone and avg below 15 mins
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,308

Post#191 » by pepe1991 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:35 pm

kane0801 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Another team will give that to him. Isaac on the open market is worth more than Cole.

I doubt it,which team will give >13M to a player who are injury prone and avg below 15 mins

You can cross out of a list any team who is contender.

With already non existing flexibility, investing in 8th man in rotation who won't play more than 10 min nor more than 40 games is- burning money.

So teams who might get him are teams that need to burn money to reach salary's trash hold. Like Zach Collin on Spurs. But even if that's a case, you would rather burn money on player that can actually- play some basketball.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,746

Post#192 » by basketballRob » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:48 pm

Nearly every contender would give Isaac a contract starting at the full MLE. I could see Detroit and Toronto throwing big contracts at him if we waived him next season.

My guess is we'll waive him to clear his $17m next season and immediately resign him to a 3-4 year deal at a lower amount per year.

JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 689

Re: 

Post#193 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:39 pm

basketballRob wrote:Nearly every contender would give Isaac a contract starting at the full MLE. I could see Detroit and Toronto throwing big contracts at him if we waived him next season.

My guess is we'll waive him to clear his $17m next season and immediately resign him to a 3-4 year deal at a lower amount per year.

What an odd hill to die guessing on.
The-Stallion70
Rookie

Post#194 » by The-Stallion70 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:39 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

You don’t have to throw Suggs into every discussion regardless of if it makes sense.

Lol my mention of Suggs was not to provoke you it was to point out that they are both similar in that they are impactful but do miss games, for the record i belueve Suggs should 100% get paid an extension but not Isaac.

EDIT: It was a point and I will say what I want on here Mr. Realgm police man
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#195 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:40 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Suggs eventually gets healthy and I can't wait to turn him loose in the playoffs against teams with proper rest and preparation.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#196 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:45 pm

I continue to wait on Isaacs health. It is just clear that his body cannot hold up to a season with regular 20mpg playing time.

I don't even think he cracks the rotation in the playoffs because by then he will be injured.

He is, a talented player. We don't know his true peek due to injury. As is, he is a great player IMHO.

My last comment in this thread for a while. Unlike other players on the roster. I feel unless Isaac moves to Phoenix and their medical staff works their Magic like they did on Hill his career will be over for sure.

It's a shame, I don't like blaming a player for injury. So I won't.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,652

Re: 

Post#197 » by Skybox » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:05 pm

basketballRob wrote:Nearly every contender would give Isaac a contract starting at the full MLE. I could see Detroit and Toronto throwing big contracts at him if we waived him next season.

I might be wrong...but I don't think you can waive a guy and re-sign him...anyone?
HighPack
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#198 » by HighPack » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:27 pm

He is having a great winter too.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#199 » by MagicMatic » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:56 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:

Lol my mention of Suggs was not to provoke you it was to point out that they are both similar in that they are impactful but do miss games, for the record i belueve Suggs should 100% get paid an extension but not Isaac.

Not here to say what you can and cant say lol. Not a mod.

Suggs is important for this teams defense and missed some games in his rookie season. Thats about the end of the comparison between the players. He's played through injuries when Im certain other guys would be on the bench. The last few games especially. Isaac could fall the wrong way and miss like 10 games.
The-Stallion70
Rookie

Post#200 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:08 am

MagicMatic wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Not here to say what you can and cant say lol. Not a mod.

Suggs is important for this teams defense and missed some games in his rookie season. Thats about the end of the comparison between the players. He's played through injuries when Im certain other guys would be on the bench. The last few games especially. Isaac could fall the wrong way and miss like 10 games.

You can't play this down, Suggs missed 63 games his first two years and that is not a small number.

Return to Orlando Magic