ImageImageImageImage

"Jonathan is having a great summer."

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,275

"Jonathan is having a great summer." 

Post#1 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:27 pm

Quote from Jeff Weltman via the Orlando Magic Daily.
https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2023/07/12/orlando-magic-seem-confident-can-lean-jonathan-isaac/

"Jonathan is having a great summer. He looks terrific. . . . He’s doing all the things to put himself in a position to succeed. The doctors seem to feel confident with it. We’ll just see where it goes."

“That guy is a game-changing player. I think people kind out of sight, out of mind, forget how good he is.”

fool me 3 times.....?
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,025

Re: "Jonathan is having a great summer." 

Post#2 » by fendilim » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:43 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:Quote from Jeff Weltman via the Orlando Magic Daily.
https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2023/07/12/orlando-magic-seem-confident-can-lean-jonathan-isaac/

"Jonathan is having a great summer. He looks terrific. . . . He’s doing all the things to put himself in a position to succeed. The doctors seem to feel confident with it. We’ll just see where it goes."

“That guy is a game-changing player. I think people kind out of sight, out of mind, forget how good he is.”

fool me 3 times.....?

Stand up 4 times
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,079

Post#3 » by bigdogdylan5 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:54 pm

What do you expect him to say? His thoughts are probably “The amount of money to cut him now is not worth it so we will probably wait till January then cut him to save the vast majority of the remaining funds”
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,352

Post#4 » by eyriq » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:13 pm

I'm willing to be fooled! 6th seed here we come baby
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,481

Post#5 » by Knightro » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:16 pm

The fact that they didn't at all address the backup PF position is perplexing. I can't imagine actually putting any faith in Isaac's availability.

I personally wouldn't play Moritz at PF either, but it seems like they might be considering a Moe/Goga twin towers thing.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by eyriq » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:19 pm

Knightro wrote:The fact that they didn't at all address the backup PF position is perplexing. I can't imagine actually putting any faith in Isaac's availability.

I personally wouldn't play Moritz at PF either, but it seems like they might be considering a Moe/Goga twin towers thing.

Moe/Goga looked tremendous IMO
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,022

Post#7 » by Residual-Heat » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:24 pm

Knightro wrote:The fact that they didn't at all address the backup PF position is perplexing. I can't imagine actually putting any faith in Isaac's availability.

makes me think we'll see Franz/Black play some mins PF, mainly to open up playing time for the rest of our guards. :dontknow:
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,481

Post#8 » by Knightro » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:26 pm

eyriq wrote:Moe/Goga looked tremendous IMO

I think that sample size is too small to really glean anything significant from, but you're absolutely correct that pairing did well late in the season.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,764

Post#9 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:20 pm

You guys know what this will do to people. Some of y’all don’t like peace.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by eyriq » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:29 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:You guys know what this will do to people. Some of y’all don’t like peace.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,093

Post#11 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:53 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:Quote from Jeff Weltman via the Orlando Magic Daily.

fool me 3 times.....?

Upside on him is great enough... that I can be fooled. He's now in the bench roll with two budding star forwards ahead of him... on salary controlled rookie scale contracts. So yeah... let's see what happens! Good to hear.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,129

Post#12 » by tiderulz » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:21 pm

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,839

Post#13 » by thelead » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:25 pm

The amount of hate JI gets is unreal... and sad.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Residual-Heat » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:33 pm

thelead wrote:The amount of hate JI gets is unreal... and sad.

i dont agree with a lot of his political views, but damn the way some people talk about him you'd think he's Miles Bridges.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#15 » by MagicMatic » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:42 pm

tiderulz
RealGM

Post#16 » by tiderulz » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:57 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:

i dont agree with a lot of his political views, but damn the way some people talk about him you'd think he's Miles Bridges.

i dont hate him. i dont dislike him. I just dont ever expect him to make meaningful contributions again on the court. If he does, wonderful, but i dont expect it
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,048

Post#17 » by KillMonger » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:01 pm

I think we all understand how good he can be..... But..... You know..... He got to be available

Sent from the phone in my hands
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,315

Post#18 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:05 pm

Nobody cares about his political view, but it has been 3 damn years and he was healthy for like 2 weeks, while skipping road games, on 10 mpg min restriction and still SOMEHOW had season ending injury.

At some point you get burned out and figure he ain't built to be professional basketball player. It's like Brandon Roy, Oden situation. His body tapped out on him very long time ago, everything past blown knee is beating dead horse. Not like he was ever healthy before it, but ACL, MCL tears were last nail in coffin.

For crying out loud, Evan Mobley, drafted 4 years after him, already played more games.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by Residual-Heat » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:11 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:

i dont hate him. i dont dislike him. I just dont ever expect him to make meaningful contributions again on the court. If he does, wonderful, but i dont expect it

i dont really expect much from him either, and i wasnt specifically talking about anyone here or most Magic fans really, but NBA fans in general.
I still love his game when he was healthy.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#20 » by tiderulz » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:18 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:i dont agree with a lot of his political views, but damn the way some people talk about him you'd think he's Miles Bridges.

i dont really expect much from him either, and i wasnt specifically talking about anyone here or most Magic fans really, but NBA fans in general.
I still love his game when he was healthy.

i thought he was a very good defender, but i also think its been so long since he was on the court, the legend of his defense has grown greater than it actually was. And he was not a very good offensive player or shooter.

Return to Orlando Magic