ImageImageImageImage

"Jonathan is having a great summer."

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,017

Re: "Jonathan is having a great summer." 

Post#121 » by Residual-Heat » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:35 pm

I dont think any 6th pick in the last decade played less than 12 mpg in his rookie year. Black is going to play somewhere between 10-20 mpg IMO. I bet he averages atleast 17mpg. I expect a similar season to what Dyson Daniels had last season. We didnt use the 6th and 11th pick to send them to the g-league, and there's just not enough playing time for everyone. A trade HAS to be made.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,744

Post#122 » by basketballRob » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:12 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:I dont think any 6th pick in the last decade played less than 12 mpg in his rookie year. Black is going to play somewhere between 10-20 mpg IMO. I bet he averages atleast 17mpg. I expect a similar season to what Dyson Daniels had last season. We didnt use the 6th and 11th pick to send them to the g-league, and there's just not enough playing time for everyone. A trade HAS to be made.
Black is also the 3rd youngest player drafted in our history. AG was the second youngest, and he was drafted #4. He averaged 17 mpg in 47 games as a rookie. I could see Black sitting out 25 games as a rookie with some kind of strain if everyone is healthy.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Re: Re: 

Post#123 » by drsd » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:50 am

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
eyriq wrote:How common is it for #6 picks to not make the rotation their rookie year?

barring an injury...that would be an unequivocal bust...I can't believe it's even being pondered. Not starting (for a non-playoff team)? - Okay, no problem. Not in the rotation? - organizational failure or bust of a player.

Our backcourt is so in need of a trade. I’m not sure why some fans are still in denial about it

This is really the point! Orlando would be a better team if it traded Anthony and G-Harris and the Denver pick for Herro (not gonna happen though).

There is a blatant structural problem on the roster that will keep Black from properly developing his rookie season.
drsd
RealGM

Re: 

Post#124 » by drsd » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:52 am

basketballRob wrote: I could see Black sitting out 25 games as a rookie with some kind of strain if everyone is healthy.

Nobody is happy with an injured player.

But to those thinking Black will get minutes over Anthony, put the pipe down!
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,652

Post#125 » by Skybox » Sun Sep 3, 2023 10:06 pm

Any word on whether JI will participate fully in camp?
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#126 » by T-Cat » Sun Sep 3, 2023 11:47 pm

Skybox wrote:Any word on whether JI will participate fully in camp?

There is leaked video of Jonathan Isaac on his IG page and he looks focused/poised!

Add that with his upcoming new shoe and new fame! He's looking to like a rising star for us!
drsd
RealGM

Post#127 » by drsd » Mon Sep 4, 2023 6:20 am

T-Cat wrote:

There is leaked video of Jonathan Isaac on his IG page and he looks focused/poised!

Add that with his upcoming new shoe and new fame! He's looking to like a rising star for us!

At least 58 wins and a trip to the Eastern Conference Finals; anything less is a busted season.
CarraT
Senior
And1: 189

Post#128 » by CarraT » Mon Sep 4, 2023 8:13 am

drsd wrote:
T-Cat wrote:

At least 58 wins and a trip to the Eastern Conference Finals; anything less is a busted season.

You forgot the All-Star 3P Contest Award for Fultz
Skybox
RealGM

Post#129 » by Skybox » Mon Sep 4, 2023 11:38 am

All kidding aside…how good is this team with Isaac giving 20 solid minutes off the bench at 3-5 as needed? I know he’s never been at 5, but it might be time to try…he’s clearly the biggest guy on the team and has great defensive instincts…now add Tyler Herro to that mix and you’ve got a deep, young, exciting team that can compete on both ends with different looks.
drsd
RealGM

Post#130 » by drsd » Mon Sep 4, 2023 12:07 pm

Skybox wrote:All kidding aside…how good is this team with Isaac giving 20 solid minutes off the bench at 3-5 as needed? I know he’s never been at 5, but it might be time to try…he’s clearly the biggest guy on the team and has great defensive instincts…now add Tyler Herro to that mix and you’ve got a deep, young, exciting team that can compete on both ends with different looks.

SI did one of their speculative trades for Herro to Orlando. It's Jonathan Isaac, Jalen Suggs, a 2025 first-round pick (lottery protected) and a 2025 first-round pick (top-five protected, via DEN).

I'd swallow that. Would rather it be Black than Suggs, but whatever

Orlando would be:
Fultz/Anthony/Black
Herro/G-Harris/Howard
F-Wagner/Ingles/Houstan
Banchero/M-Wagner/Okeke
Carter/Bitadze

Holy crap do I love that roster! There is a natural 9-man rotation with M-Wagner playing both big roles off of the bench.

Okeke and Houstan are the only players on the roster that should feel lucky to be there.

That looks like a 50+ win team to me, THIS YEAR.

drsd
RealGM

Post#131 » by drsd » Mon Sep 4, 2023 12:13 pm

Skybox wrote:All kidding aside…how good is this team with Isaac giving 20 solid minutes off the bench at 3-5 as needed? I know he’s never been at 5, but it might be time to try…he’s clearly the biggest guy on the team and has great defensive instincts…now add Tyler Herro to that mix and you’ve got a deep, young, exciting team that can compete on both ends with different looks.

If the cost for Herro was Isaac, how quick are you on the YES please answer?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,308

Post#132 » by pepe1991 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 12:32 pm

drsd wrote:

This trade is as realistic as Banchero for Robin Lopez :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM

Post#133 » by drsd » Mon Sep 4, 2023 1:49 pm

pepe1991 wrote:This trade is as realistic as Banchero for Robin Lopez :lol:

And-1

There is no point in assessing "fair market" for Herro, as Miami is never ever gonna do a trade with Orlando. Just as Orlando would never do a trade with Miami.

Similarly, Orlando balancing a Miami-Portland trade is also totally unrealistic.

New thought line: Isaac has no trade vale. Media reports that "he looks great" have no meaning to league GMs. None.
Until Isaac starts getting PER>13 burns on the court, Orlando's phone will be cold.
Fortune Teller
Sophomore
And1: 153

Post#134 » by Fortune Teller » Mon Sep 4, 2023 2:20 pm

Prediction: JI will be held out of training camp and preseason at a minimum.

Even if he’s relatively healthy, they’re not risking a preseason injury. The last 4 years tells us he’s only got so many minutes to give.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#135 » by Skybox » Mon Sep 4, 2023 2:49 pm

drsd wrote:

The cost will be a heck of a lot more than Isaac, but sure I would. Isaac will never be more than a super-sub (and that's optimistic). If POR (or MIA) preferred Isaac's 17m upside to Fultz' 17m pending FA, no problem. I prefer to keep Isaac for one more go-round.

Reality is MIA needs two more fr picks to complete the Lillard deal...beyond that, I figure expirings or a prospect would be gravy. I wouldn't tack Suggs onto that offer and, based on the opinions of most on RealGM, Herro doesn't rate more than the 2 firsts (at least one of them potentially high-ORL's). Herro's trade price is all about Dame's price and what MIA needs to get him without shredding the rotation. POR, apparently, has no use for Herro...if they did, I'd take Simons instead, but Herro's more versatile offensively (for now?).

ORL sends: 2024 frp (top 5-only in case of catastrophic injury season-should still be a decent pick, maybe late lottery), DEN 25 frp
Expiring Fultz, Expiring Harris...both decent and able to contribute in POR this season but provide lots of $$$ flexibility.
ORL receives: Tyler Herro...who slots right in, score 19+ppg, but goes for 30+ multiple times as defenses bet on packing the paint.

POR sends: Lillard
POR receives: 2 MIA firsts, ORL 24(top 5), DEN 25(top 5), Fultz, Harris, Jovic, Duncan Robinson

MIA sends: 2 firsts, Tyler Herro, Jovic, Duncan Robinson
MIA receives: Dame Lillard

MIA does not fear ORL and shouldn't care...they do what they need to get Lillard without destroying their playoff rotation. It's completely a win for MIA and they are likely favorites in the East overnight with Lillard. ORL also gets a big win-short and long term. They understand that MIA is an aging beast selling their soul for immediate rings (which is a great move and one Riley would do all day).

ORL...Cole Anthony/Black (Black maybe takes over by mid-season but Cole's offensive game keeps him in big rotation)/Herro at PG too
Tyler frickin' Herro (swaggy fan favorite, lights out scorer, future All-Star due to perfect fit), Suggs, Jett
Franz Wagner, Jingles
Paolo (All-Star this season), Isaac(if healthy a pivotal piece)
WCJ/Goga
Deep bench...M. Wagner, Chuma, Houstan, Kevon, MCW? (spot minutes all over the roster unless injuries force more :cry: )

*If Suggs and/or Howard take a big leap, either can play alongside Herro for stretches. Jett can get time at 2,3,4 if his game is real. Jingles can do as much or as little as youth movement demands. He's a solid vet example of crafty competitiveness and skill. He'll be great for Franz and Suggs, in particular. He can also show Jett how the defensive IQ can overcome athletic mediocrity (enough)
*Sending the 24 pick is significant, but what are the odds they find a better fit, ready to compete player than Herro? (answer-zero). Last thing ORL needs is more unproven, mismatched, 19 year old "BPA's" swimming in the crowded kiddie pool. It's time to build a team.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,669

Post#136 » by ogmagicfan » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:48 am

So far, so good from JI this season. Just stay healthy & keep giving us 15-20 mins of great defense.

I'm still surprised how many posters were ready to give up on him, he's a generational defensive player & if it wasnt for injuries would have multiple DPOY awards already

Lets pray he stays healthy
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,142

Post#137 » by magik9113 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:31 pm

:pray:
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,044

Post#138 » by KillMonger » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:53 pm

jeff was actually telling the truth this time
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,948

Post#139 » by SHAQ32 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:57 am

ogmagicfan wrote:So far, so good from JI this season. Just stay healthy & keep giving us 15-20 mins of great defense.

I'm still surprised how many posters were ready to give up on him, he's a generational defensive player & if it wasnt for injuries would have multiple DPOY awards already

Lets pray he stays healthy

12 games dude.
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,948

Post#140 » by SHAQ32 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 7:44 am

Welp

Return to Orlando Magic