ImageImageImageImage

2023-2024 Official Around the NBA Discussion Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,730

Re: 2023-2024 Official Around the NBA Discussion Thread 

Post#1861 » by thelead » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:13 am

SOUL wrote:
thelead wrote:Nets almost pulled out a win against the Bucks but then they remembered they were the Nets and lost

I'd rather Bucks win before the end of the season so they can rest. #2 is irrelevant to me tbh especially if it just ends up being the Heat or Sixers with Embiid.

I'm fine with it as well. Would love to end up playing the Pacers in the first round though.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#1862 » by basketballRob » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:13 am

If the Cavs lose against the Twolves tomorrow, we'll be 1 game out of 3rd.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#1863 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:24 am

Yeah i want Bucks to be #2 to beat the crap out of MIA or PHI. Seems Embiid is coming back after all.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,453

Post#1864 » by Bensational » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:28 am

Go the Nuggz! We’ve now tied NYK.

Denver is such a great team to watch play. Knicks made them work for it though!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1865 » by basketballRob » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:29 am

Bensational wrote:Go the Nuggz! We’ve now tied NYK.

Denver is such a great team to watch play. Knicks made them work for it though!
We're .5 up on the Knicks.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1866 » by basketballRob » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:44 am

We need the Hawks to win to put pressure on the Bulls. The Bulls play the Knicks 3 times, and they may have their spot clinched.

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,730

Post#1867 » by thelead » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:58 am

Murray playing a lot of hero-ball tonight. Near triple double but 11-26 and some bad shots.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#1868 » by pepe1991 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:32 am

If Nuggets are healthy, they are still by far best team in nba.
Like, tonight Knicks tried everything on Jokic, guy either gets player wide open 3, wide open dunk or scores on his own, it's almost not fair how easy it makes.

In same game he is starting ( by walking) 10 easy transition points, throws three no look passes on set defense for a dunk or wide open 3.
Just casual game 30 points ,11 assists, 14 rebounds, 1 turnover against probably best defense in nba today.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,927

Post#1869 » by drsd » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:41 am

pepe1991 wrote:If Nuggets are healthy, they are still by far best team in nba.

The likely Celts - Nuggets NBA final will be a joy to watch!
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1870 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:23 am

drsd wrote:

Im gonna be a troll and say... the Clips-Bucks finals is nothing like before
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,927

Post#1871 » by drsd » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:11 am

RookieStar wrote:
drsd wrote:

Im gonna be a troll and say... the OKC-Magic finals is nothing like before

Fixed!
Medford
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#1872 » by Medford » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:00 pm

RookieStar wrote:
thelead wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
He does actually.

The only big issues i have with him are :

1. He is as injury prone as WCJ. Meaning we will be happy he plays more than 60games per RS with us.

2. Wasnt there some murmurs the reason he wasnt on the German NT was because they didnt want his locker room shenanigans or something? Bad team8 and all?

This, I wasn't aware of. I'm sure Franz and Mo have all the intel we need on that front 8-)

As i observed in another thread, we seem to have a lot of German posters here. Can they give us a clue about this?

I first heard it during last summer during their historic world cup run and it was about Hart and why he wasnt on it.

Never heard about Hartenstein being a bad teammate, but can comment on why he isn't with the German NT.

In 2021 Gordon Herbert became national coach and rolled out his plan the team until 2024. One of his highest priorities was for the players to commit, play and be in shape for the summer tournaments.
Hartenstein didn't commit in 2021, because he wanted to focus on signing a new NBA contract that summer. He denied the player option with the Cavs and finally signed with the Clippers in October. He always said that he wants to play for the NT as long as his health and contract situation is fine.

Schröder seems to act like Coach Herberts watchdog and found a way to to tell Kleber he isn't welcome. Kleber broke his committment 2022 when he used the summer to recover from less serious injuries.
It may look cult like in some aspects, but being well-attuned despite a lack of talent worked wonders for the German NT.

Hartenstein is actually pretty resilient. Played 82 games last season and missed like ten games this year because Thibs let him play 40+ minutes despite a nagging achilles injury.
I'm not sure if he is a great fit. Sure he can help on the defensive end if you think Embiid, Jokic or Bam, but WCJ is already a better spacer and roll man.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,783

Post#1873 » by Audi » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:01 pm

Like, tonight Knicks tried everything on Jokic, guy either gets player wide open 3, wide open dunk or scores on his own, it's almost not fair how easy it makes.

In same game he is starting ( by walking) 10 easy transition points, throws three no look passes on set defense for a dunk or wide open 3.
Just casual game 30 points ,11 assists, 14 rebounds, 1 turnover against probably best defense in nba today.

Guy makes the game look so incredibly easy. If I grew up with him as an idol I probably would've continued playing basketball once I got a little bigger/chubbier but instead I was trying to emulate guys like Penny so I knew it was a far fetched dream and went on to do competitive baseball instead. :lol:
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,633

Post#1874 » by Skybox » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:24 pm

Audi wrote:

Guy makes the game look so incredibly easy. If I grew up with him as an idol I probably would've continued playing basketball once I got a little bigger/chubbier but instead I was trying to emulate guys like Penny so I knew it was a far fetched dream and went on to do competitive baseball instead. :lol:

That's a great point :lol: I discovered basketball right at MJ entering his prime, so all of my "fundamentals" were developed trying to dunk on low rims :crazy: I got to where I could dunk a volleyball (or anything I could palm and scrape over the rim) but certainly never appreciated Jokic-style brilliance until now, when I can barely get off the ground.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#1875 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:27 pm

Jokic is amazing. He can do everything. I do think he is the best player I ever seen.
aka: prorl
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1876 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:04 pm

Medford wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
thelead wrote:
This, I wasn't aware of. I'm sure Franz and Mo have all the intel we need on that front 8-)

As i observed in another thread, we seem to have a lot of German posters here. Can they give us a clue about this?

I first heard it during last summer during their historic world cup run and it was about Hart and why he wasnt on it.

Never heard about Hartenstein being a bad teammate, but can comment on why he isn't with the German NT.

In 2021 Gordon Herbert became national coach and rolled out his plan the team until 2024. One of his highest priorities was for the players to commit, play and be in shape for the summer tournaments.
Hartenstein didn't commit in 2021, because he wanted to focus on signing a new NBA contract that summer. He denied the player option with the Cavs and finally signed with the Clippers in October. He always said that he wants to play for the NT as long as his health and contract situation is fine.

Schröder seems to act like Coach Herberts watchdog and found a way to to tell Kleber he isn't welcome. Kleber broke his committment 2022 when he used the summer to recover from less serious injuries.
It may look cult like in some aspects, but being well-attuned despite a lack of talent worked wonders for the German NT.

Hartenstein is actually pretty resilient. Played 82 games last season and missed like ten games this year because Thibs let him play 40+ minutes despite a nagging achilles injury.
I'm not sure if he is a great fit. Sure he can help on the defensive end if you think Embiid, Jokic or Bam, but WCJ is already a better spacer and roll man.

Whoah. Thanks dude. So that was Hart's problem with the NT? That isn't so bad. Inf fact I applaud him. LOL if Magic FO says rest for the summer so you would be good to go during the RS and not get over fatigued like what we suspect Franz is right now.

Also.. you telling me Schroder is a snitch?
Medford
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#1877 » by Medford » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:39 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Medford wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Whoah. Thanks dude. So that was Hart's problem with the NT? That isn't so bad. Inf fact I applaud him. LOL if Magic FO says rest for the summer so you would be good to go during the RS and not get over fatigued like what we suspect Franz is right now.

Won't go that far and call Schröder a snitch, but his ego always appeared to be bigger than his basketball skills.
At the German NT he is the number one guy, the irreplaceable key player he never was in any of his NBA teams.
It's logical from his point of view to defend the NT teams hierarchy. Last years success solidified his role... although Franz and even Hartenstein are better players.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1878 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:54 pm

Medford wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Medford wrote:

Won't go that far and call Schröder a snitch, but his ego always appeared to be bigger than his basketball skills.
At the German NT he is the number one guy, the irreplaceable key player he never was in any of his NBA teams.
It's logical from his point of view to defend the NT teams hierarchy. Last years success solidified his role... although Franz and even Hartenstein are better players.

MoeSwag?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1879 » by RookieStar » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:02 am

Huh... Heat held Zion to 0 pts at the half. Somebody sneak some burgers to that dude. Let him wake up .
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1880 » by basketballRob » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:26 am

RookieStar wrote:Huh... Heat held Zion to 0 pts at the half. Somebody sneak some burgers to that dude. Let him wake up .
He's still shook from last night.

Return to Orlando Magic