ImageImageImageImage

Poll: final thoughts on win outcomes for 2023/24

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

How many wins will Orlando have this year

36 or less wins
2%
37-38 wins
13%
39 or more wins
85%

Total votes: 48

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,310

Re: Poll: final thoughts on win outcomes for 2023/24 

Post#41 » by eyriq » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:02 pm

drsd wrote:
eyriq wrote:I like being projected for the play-in.

You went from this to predicting 50 wins ?????

I remember thinking we'd have a top ten defense and a bottom ten offense. I thought the models underestimated our underlying ability, so having a model project us as a play-in team was a nice floor.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#42 » by JoshuaPotter » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:10 pm

eyriq wrote:
drsd wrote:
eyriq wrote:I like being projected for the play-in.

I remember thinking we'd have a top ten defense and a bottom ten offense. I thought the models underestimated our underlying ability, so having a model project us as a play-in team was a nice floor.

Let's be real. We would for sure be a play-in team without Isaac. He has too many win % shares otherwise.

Minus him, we make the playins somewhere between Chicago and Miami in terms of record.

If you started the season saying a 47 win team would be in the playins i'd have commented on how much parity the season ended up having.

In terms of injury. I don't get it, we had seasons with injured key players and nobody seemed to care. Yet suddenly other teams go through injury and we win and it's "oh well they were injured".

Can't get a break.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#43 » by drsd » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:42 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
eyriq wrote:
drsd wrote:

Let's be real. We would for sure be a play-in team without Isaac. He has too many win % shares otherwise.

Minus him, we make the playins somewhere between Chicago and Miami in terms of record.

If you started the season saying a 47 win team would be in the playins i'd have commented on how much parity the season ended up having.

In terms of injury. I don't get it, we had seasons with injured key players and nobody seemed to care. Yet suddenly other teams go through injury and we win and it's "oh well they were injured".

Can't get a break.

JoshuaPotter wrote:

The Magic finished the season 7th in points differential in the East. Way, way behind the Pacers and the Sixers. The Magic won games close (and lost games bigly) and that means the team over performed. How and why? A very deep bench. Orlando's strength is scoring from Anthony and M-Wagner accented from defense fro Isaac.

It is easy to forget how great Anthony was early season; and those wins still count. And M-Wagner's late game heroics is amazing.

But I agree: Isaac was the best bench defender in the NBA. It is not close.

Return to Orlando Magic