ImageImageImageImage

Who is Paolo Banchero?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 405

Re: Who is Paolo Banchero? 

Post#341 » by The-Stallion70 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:29 pm

Knightro wrote:The craziest thing about Paolo, as my dear brother SOUL pointed out in the last game thread, is that there are GLARINGLY OBVIOUS things he can improve upon and he's already a 23-7-5 all-star on a mid 40s win team at 21 years old.

How good is this guy gonna be when he's 25?

This guy could very well end up being one of the best players in the sport if he can improve his weaknesses while fine continuing to fine tune his strengths.

I would be surprised if he doesn't improve on his finishing and overall scoring efficiency. Let's say I'd ve more surprised if Paolo doesn't improve on his weaknesses than I would be surprised if Black actually does, at least enough for Black to start long term for the Magic.

Alot of times it hits guys after they get paid and they start to see those bigger checks come in, like something clicks psychologically.

This is why it wouldn't surprise me if Franz' play sees a huge jump like 2-3 years from now.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,008

Post#342 » by p0peye » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:01 pm

For Paolo to remain point forward and primary initiator for us, he would need to have better spatial awareness to a level where he can manipulate defenses to Magic’s favor. That means understanding of how he and his teammates warp defenses and finding best options to abuse mistakes and mismatches. He does not exhibit this ability yet, but that may come as he grows and game slows down for him, as long as he has that innate skill. With all physical tests they are doing in combine testing, one would think that in 2024 we would have players take CATs as well.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,662

Post#343 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:17 pm

p0peye wrote:For Paolo to remain point forward and primary initiator for us, he would need to have better spatial awareness to a level where he can manipulate defenses to Magic’s favor. That means understanding of how he and his teammates warp defenses and finding best options to abuse mistakes and mismatches. He does not exhibit this ability yet, but that may come as he grows and game slows down for him, as long as he has that innate skill. With all physical tests they are doing in combine testing, one would think that in 2024 we would have players take CATs as well.

This vision is Paolo at his best…a nightly triple-double threat…but we still need a guard capable of scoring AND running an offense at least some of the time…Paolo as the primary offensive initiator all the time has a pretty low degree of sustainability.

But- I’m completely on board with this vision of Paolo…take the playmaking out of his hands and he’s just Randle

Return to Orlando Magic