ImageImageImageImage

Who is Paolo Banchero?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 694

Re: Who is Paolo Banchero? 

Post#261 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:01 pm

golfreak wrote:And this thread cumulatively ended with Paolo winning player of the week.

Yup, we can lock this one now. He has answered the question.
djguevara114
Junior
And1: 95

Post#262 » by djguevara114 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Oh I am here! The reason we all spend time to get on here and share our thoughts is because we are true Magic fans and we hope to find others who agree on our take or convince others of our perspective…

I have been to four of the games included Friday’s convincing win against the Celtics…

I have always said I want to be wrong about Banchero, doesn’t benefit my fandom to be right… I have been impressed with him of late, especially his efficiency (FTs still need work)…. I hope you all are right, and I have moved my opinion closer your way, but still apprehensive—maybe it’s been conditioned in me as a “let down” fan…

If he will start attacking the rim and making posters instead of soft ass layups, I will gladly jump on his bandwagon, but that’s the “Mamba” mindset, IMO, he lacks…
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,363

Post#263 » by eyriq » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:19 pm

djguevara114 wrote:Oh I am here! The reason we all spend time to get on here and share our thoughts is because we are true Magic fans and we hope to find others who agree on our take or convince others of our perspective…

I have been to four of the games included Friday’s convincing win against the Celtics…

I have always said I want to be wrong about Banchero, doesn’t benefit my fandom to be right… I have been impressed with him of late, especially his efficiency (FTs still need work)…. I hope you all are right, and I have moved my opinion closer your way, but still apprehensive—maybe it’s been conditioned in me as a “let down” fan…

If he will start attacking the rim and making posters instead of soft ass layups, I will gladly jump on his bandwagon, but that’s the “Mamba” mindset, IMO, he lacks…

I'm glad you are getting what you want. The Paolo train will welcome you with open arms.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,214

Post#264 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:55 pm

djguevara114 wrote:Oh I am here! The reason we all spend time to get on here and share our thoughts is because we are true Magic fans and we hope to find others who agree on our take or convince others of our perspective…

I appreciate that you showed up.
aka: prorl
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#265 » by JoshuaPotter » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:59 pm

eyriq wrote:

I'm glad you are getting what you want. The Paolo train will welcome you with open arms.

Choo-choo all aboard!
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,502

Post#266 » by Knightro » Sat Dec 9, 2023 6:43 pm

Read on Twitter
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,752

Post#267 » by GameOver25 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 7:22 pm

:lol:
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,685

Post#268 » by Rainwater » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:02 am

The recent Paolo has been a monster, I think he is reaching another level.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,049

Post#269 » by KillMonger » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:20 am

Rainwater wrote:The recent Paolo has been a monster, I think he is reaching another level.
Definitely seems like he's approaching a new comfort level

Sent from the phone in my hands
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 360

Post#270 » by msmoore66 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:26 am

There is something extra there huh? The shots he sometimes takes, I would be fuming if most players were taking them, but he's getting to these spots with such purpose and confidence and converting at such a good rate. Effortless in a way. I guess it is down to his mix of physical profile and technical ability.

Reminds me of a friend I used to play with, all the coaches would get so frustrated with him as he was, contextually, a similar build/athletic level in our leagues etc, but would refuse to play post on offense. But the thing was, he would score with ease- they quickly gave up.

Loving it.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 840

Post#271 » by I Rasharted » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:35 pm

KillMonger wrote:
Rainwater wrote:The recent Paolo has been a monster, I think he is reaching another level.

Yep. Hype train activated. If only I knew how to photoshop Banchero's face here:

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
golfreak
Rookie
And1: 91

Post#272 » by golfreak » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:29 am

One thing I'm really impressed is his mid-range jumper this season.
Looking super smooth. He's able to take these with ease.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,686

Post#273 » by ogmagicfan » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:34 am

Going 6/7 in the 2nd half of the Cavs game after that rough start was very encouraging. Mental toughness.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,363

Post#274 » by eyriq » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:20 pm

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,502

Post#275 » by Knightro » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:07 pm

"The 21-year-old has now taken 28 shots in the last five minutes of games (regulation and overtimes combined) this season with the score differential within five points. He’s made 15 of them, which is 53.6 percent."

https://www.nba.com/magic/news/paolo-banchero-has-been-incredibly-clutch-this-season-20240104
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,763

Post#276 » by basketballRob » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:13 pm

The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#277 » by The-Stallion70 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:23 pm

A star in this league.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#278 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:34 pm

I Rasharted wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

Yep. Hype train activated. If only I knew how to photoshop Banchero's face here:

Just need to get Banchero's face on the train.....
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,632

Post#279 » by 3ddman23 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:40 pm

basketballRob wrote:https://youtu.be/1HfmLZIrYS8?feature=shared

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app

I'm taking a break from watching the magic play for a while( trying to go a month with out watching them, just frustrates me to much). So I didn't see this game, but couldn't help my self to watch these highlights and man that nearly brought tears to my eyes for those clutch buckets. Reminded me of the good ole days.
GO MAGIC
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,752

Post#280 » by GameOver25 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 4:32 am

Paolo Banchero is the TRUTH!
Tonight against Denver with only 8 players.
32pts, 10reb, 11asts

Return to Orlando Magic